Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MARJORFIE CHRISTINE "CHRISTY" LUNA - 8 yo - (1984) - West Palm Beach, FL

Go down

MARJORFIE CHRISTINE "CHRISTY" LUNA - 8 yo - (1984) - West Palm Beach, FL Empty MARJORFIE CHRISTINE "CHRISTY" LUNA - 8 yo - (1984) - West Palm Beach, FL

Post by twinkletoes Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:21 am

Mother of Greenacres girl missing since 1984: ‘Please stop my suffering and find my little girl’

Updated: 12:26 p.m. Friday, May 24, 2013 | Posted: 9:14 a.m. Friday, May 24, 2013

MARJORFIE CHRISTINE "CHRISTY" LUNA - 8 yo - (1984) - West Palm Beach, FL 052513-pbso-luna-1
Jennifer Podis
Jennie Johnson (center) is supported by Nancy McBride, the director of the
Center for Missing & Exploited Children, as they listen to Sheriff
Ric Bradshaw comment during at press conference at the Palm Beach County
Sheriff’s Office headquarters in West Palm Beach today Johnson and the
sheriff’s office once again made a plea to the community to help find
her daughter Christy Luna, who has been missing since May 27, 1984.

MARJORFIE CHRISTINE "CHRISTY" LUNA - 8 yo - (1984) - West Palm Beach, FL 052513-pbso-luna-2
Jennifer Podis
Jennie Johnson (right) and Nancy McBride, the director of the Center for
Missing & Exploited Children, hug after speaking to the media at
Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office headquarters in West Palm Beach
today. Johnson once again made a plea to the community to help find her
daughter Christy Luna, who has been missing since May 27, 1984.

MARJORFIE CHRISTINE "CHRISTY" LUNA - 8 yo - (1984) - West Palm Beach, FL 052513-pbso-luna-3
Jennifer Podis
PBSO and National Center for Missing & Exploited Children released this
flyer today to show the age progression of Christy Luna’s appearance.
Luna was last seen in her Greenacres neighborhood and has been missing
for 29 years.
Captives’ rescue renews hope for Greenacres mom

By Alexandra Seltzer

-
Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Jennie Johnson stood in front of an image of what her long-missing little girl may look like now. She kissed the fingers on her right hand and gently touched the face within the image.

“She looks so much like me,” Johnson said after peering at the picture of Christy Luna, the daughter Johnson last saw 29 years ago.

Johnson gathered Friday with Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw and others to remind the community that they still need help in solving the case.

Marjorie Christina “Christy” Luna went out to buy cat food on May 27, 1984, at a store two blocks away from her Broward Avenue home in Greenacres. The girl, who was 8 years old at the time, has been missing since.

“Here we are again — 29 years later,” Johnson said. “I know somebody knows something. Please stop my suffering and find my little girl.”

Sheriff’s Detective Bill Springer and his colleagues have investigated several suspects since Christy’s disappearance. Victor Wonyetye — who died of a heart attack in December — is listed as a “top-tier” suspect, Springer said.

Wonyetye, a golf course worker who moved from New Hampshire in 1984, was reportedly at a party in Christy’s neighborhood the day she disappeared.

Wonyetye moved back to New Hampshire after Christy’s disappearance and was working in a town where an 8-year-old girl, Tammy Belanger, disappeared on her way to school, which was near the body shop where Wonyetye worked. He quickly became the primary suspect in that disappearance but never was charged.

Springer is hoping that anyone who may have information and may had been afraid to tell authorities while Wonyetye was alive may not be scared to speak out any longer.

“With kids missing for five minutes you go into a panic. I can’t imagine what she’s gone through for 29 years,” Springer said of
Johnson. “Closure is bringing Christy home whether she’s alive or dead.”

Nancy McBride, the director of the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, agreed with Springer and said she’s hoping someone will come forward who’s “brave enough and strong enough to finally tell Jenny what happened to Christy.”

Wonyetye isn’t the only suspect in Christy’s disappearance. Among others, detectives are still looking at Willis and Chuck Rambo, who were charged with molesting Christy’s best friend, a 6-year-old neighbor.

The news conference came a day before National Missing Children’s Day and three days before the anniversary of Christy’s disappearance.

Bradshaw said Christy’s story, and the national day, is a reminder of how important it is for parents to speak with their children about safety when strangers approach.

“Just not knowing, not knowing where she is is torture,” Johnson said. “I’ll never give up until it’s solved.”

Anyone with information about Christy’s disappearance is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 800-458-TIPS.

http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/news/news/mother-of-greenacres-girl-who-vanished-in-1984-to-/nX2rb/?icmp=pbp_internallink_textlink_apr2013_pbpstubtomypbp_launch
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down