Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ELAINA STEINFURTH - 18 months - Toledo, OH

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

ELAINA STEINFURTH - 18 months -  Toledo, OH Empty ELAINA STEINFURTH - 18 months - Toledo, OH

Post by willcarney Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:42 pm

TOLEDO, OH (Toledo News Now) -
The FBI has joined forces with TPD and have announced a 10,000 dollar reward for information as to Elaina Steinfurth's whereabouts.
The missing girl's case is also getting national attention, with segments appearing on the Nancy Grace show.
ELAINA STEINFURTH - 18 months -  Toledo, OH 22481101_BG3
Although they are still following leads, no active search efforts were made by Toledo Police for missing 1-year-old Elaina Steinfurth over the weekend, so people formed their own citizen search parties and fanned out across the area.
Efforts stretched from East Toledo to Genoa to Curtice, even to Pearson Metropark in Oregon.

Elaina Steinfurth has been missing since Sunday, June 2nd, when her family reported her missing during a custody hand-off.
Kim Bundick of Maumee has helped to organize search efforts.

Bundick had been involved in similar massive search efforts three years ago for Nevaeh Buchanan, a missing Monroe, Michigan girl who was eventually found murdered.

"I hate to say we're out searching for a body. But we're just out searching for Elaina. We just want to bring her home," said Bundick.
Dan Clay, Sr., also helped organize search parties. Although many search party members have work responsibilities, Clay says the volunteer searches won't end until Elaina is found.
"It's like, you don't know where to go next," he said. "I'm still trying to think up...where can we go? And it's like we've kind of run out of leads."
Visit the Facebook page Clay created for the search.

Last week, water rescuers, divers, and police searched the area near the High Level Bridge to look for clues about the little girl's whereabouts. They combed the wooded areas below the bridge as well as the water using sonar equipment to detect anything below the surface.
ELAINA STEINFURTH - 18 months -  Toledo, OH 2565042_G

ELAINA STEINFURTH - 18 months -  Toledo, OH 2565050_G
June 6: Crews searching Maumee River for clues in child's disappearance

Several agencies have joined the search for the missing 18-month-old. Police say they're pulling out all the stops to find this little girl, using resources from their department, the fire department, and the FBI.
Police say they are going through electronics for tips, and questioning sex offenders.
Searchers Tuesday focused on several homes, including one abandoned house, as well as trash cans in the area of Federal and Leonard in east Toledo.
ELAINA STEINFURTH - 18 months -  Toledo, OH 2558758_G
Tuesday's search focus on the neighborhood where Elaina was reportedly last seen

This development Tuesday afternoon happened as police released little information about the state of the investigation.
A prayer vigil was held Tuesday night in hopes that the little girl will be returned safely. Hundreds of people attended.
"I just want her home in one piece, I wanna know that she's okay," said Angela Steinfurth, Elaina's mother. "It's very hard not having her around. My other daughter's going insane without her sister. They need to be together."
Watch the full interview with Angela Steinfurth
Read the transcript of the interview with Angela Steinfurth
Police got involved in the young girl's disappearance Sunday afternoon when Elaina's father, Terry Steinfurth, showed up at a home in east Toledo to pick up the girl and her older sister.
The children had been with their mother, Angela, and her boyfriend Steven King. Terry says Angela had taken the girls to the home, belonging to Steven's mother, Julie King.
Click here for an interactive timeline of events in the search for Baby Elaina
"She told me she was staying at her father's house," Terry explained, but that wasn't the case. "I went to pick them up Sunday…they told me she was back over [at Julie King's house], where she promised me they weren't going to be."
ELAINA STEINFURTH - 18 months -  Toledo, OH 2558753_G
According to Julie, Angela called Saturday evening, asking if she and the girls could stay at Julie's for the night. Julie tells WTOL 11, Angela claimed they had no place else to go.
"I believed everything she told me, I thought she didn't have a place to stay," Julie said. "She lied to us."
Julie says she allowed them to stay the night, but says she didn't see baby Elaina all day Sunday.
Watch the full interview with Julie King here
When Terry came to pick up his daughters, he says Angela allowed their oldest to go with him, but refused to let him see Elaina. He says he persisted, and she refused.
That's when he says the children's grandfather, Terry Steinfurth Sr., arrived on scene. He says he wanted to help Terry Jr. get Elaina when Angela wouldn't give her up. Steinfurth Sr. says when he showed up, Angela told him the baby [Elaina] was napping, and she didn't want to wake her.
SLIDESHOW: Missing 1-year-old Elaina Steinfurth
"I heard [Angela] inside, [crying and screaming], ‘I don't wanna give him my baby, I'll never see her again,'" he said. Eventually they talked her into letting them see the baby. "Twenty minutes later, she comes running out, [saying,] ‘The baby's not in the house, the baby's gone.'"
Steinfurth, Sr. says he and his son wanted to call the police and others to look for the child, but Angela sat down on the porch "like nothing was wrong…no tears, no nothing."
Watch the full interview with Terry Steinfurth Sr. here

Julie says when Angela announced the baby was gone, she and her son, Steven, immediately went out the back door to begin looking in the pool, the garage, and nearby.
Steinfurth says his family, friends, even his boss, have helped him canvass the neighborhood and put up fliers, but they have seen no sign of Elaina. He says the police currently have no leads, either.
Angela told Toledo News Now she thinks the baby was kidnapped. Her boyfriend, Steven, refused to comment.
"I personally think someone's hiding her," Steinfurth Jr. said. "I don't know who, I don't even care, I just want my baby."
His father, however, has his guess as to who is responsible.
"I feel the mother and the boyfriend know what happened to that baby," Steinfurth Sr. said. "The way they're acting, I think they know where she's at but they don't want any of us to know."
Watch the full interview with Terry Steinfurth Jr. here

The Steinfurths, Angela, her boyfriend, have all been questioned by Toledo Police. Steinfurth says Angela claims she passed a lie detector test, but police say they cannot confirm that.
Elaina's father says there is a cash reward for any information that leads to finding his daughter.
"You don't ever expect to go through something like this, it doesn't seem real," he said.
Elaina was last seen wearing orange shorts with flowers. Anyone with information is urged to call Toledo Police at 419-936-8995 or CrimeStoppers at 419-255-1111. Although no tips have panned out yet, just one tip could help her return home safely.
"I don't care who's got her," Steinfurth Sr. added. "We just want her back safe."

Help with the Search For Elaina: Download & Distribute "Missing" Flyer

http://www.19actionnews.com/story/22481101/still-no-sign-of-missing-toddler

I sure hope they find her but it does not look good.  It sounds like one of the custody issues.  If I can't have the child you can't.  I hope I'm wrong.  William
willcarney
willcarney
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : NEVER assume your child is safe, KNOW.

Back to top Go down

ELAINA STEINFURTH - 18 months -  Toledo, OH Empty Re: ELAINA STEINFURTH - 18 months - Toledo, OH

Post by twinkletoes Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:25 am

What am I missing?  Why didn't LE search over the weekend?
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

ELAINA STEINFURTH - 18 months -  Toledo, OH Empty Re: ELAINA STEINFURTH - 18 months - Toledo, OH

Post by willcarney Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:12 pm

"I heard [Angela] inside, [crying and screaming], ‘I don't wanna give him my baby, I'll never see her again,'" he said. Eventually they talked her into letting them see the baby. "Twenty minutes later, she comes running out, [saying,] ‘The baby's not in the house, the baby's gone.'"
Steinfurth, Sr. says he and his son wanted to call the police and others to look for the child, but Angela sat down on the porch "like nothing was wrong…no tears, no nothing."

This is what bothers me the most.  As does this:

"I feel the mother and the boyfriend know what happened to that baby," Steinfurth Sr. said. "The way they're acting, I think they know where she's at but they don't want any of us to know."

This appears to be to be a custody fight.  The baby is dead or hidden most likely.  I hope not dead but this happens all too often.  One will kill the child so the other spouse can't have it.  The baby is only 18 month's old and the mother already has another boyfriend.  That's the trouble today.  People having babies without stable loving families.  The mother and boyfriend need to be heavily questioned.  William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:37 pm

Wednesday night saw a new wrinkle in the search for Elaina, with a heavy presence of investigators at homes on Federal St. where Elaina was reportedly last seen.
Shortly after 10 p.m., police arrested Angela Steinfurth, Elaina's mother. She is being charged with child endangerment. Elaina's grandfather confirmed that Angela was arrested, but says police aren't telling the family any more at this time.

Also announced Wednesday, the FBI has joined forces with TPD and have announced a 10,000 dollar reward for information as to Elaina Steinfurth's whereabouts.
The missing girl's case is also getting national attention, with segments appearing on the Nancy Grace show.

Although they are still following leads, no active search efforts were made by Toledo Police for missing 1-year-old Elaina Steinfurth over the weekend, so people formed their own citizen search parties and fanned out across the area.
Efforts stretched from East Toledo to Genoa to Curtice, even to Pearson Metropark in Oregon.

Elaina Steinfurth has been missing since Sunday, June 2nd, when her family reported her missing during a custody hand-off.
Kim Bundick of Maumee has helped to organize search efforts.

Bundick had been involved in similar massive search efforts three years ago for Nevaeh Buchanan, a missing Monroe, Michigan girl who was eventually found murdered.

"I hate to say we're out searching for a body. But we're just out searching for Elaina. We just want to bring her home," said Bundick.
Dan Clay, Sr., also helped organize search parties. Although many search party members have work responsibilities, Clay says the volunteer searches won't end until Elaina is found.
"It's like, you don't know where to go next," he said. "I'm still trying to think up...where can we go? And it's like we've kind of run out of leads."
Visit the Facebook page Clay created for the search.

Last week, water rescuers, divers, and police searched the area near the High Level Bridge to look for clues about the little girl's whereabouts. They combed the wooded areas below the bridge as well as the water using sonar equipment to detect anything below the surface.

http://www.19actionnews.com/story/22481101/still-no-sign-of-missing-toddler

Here's the first charges.  We'll likely see more.  William

Last edited by willcarney on Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:51 pm

I'm sorry to say, I think this baby has been murdered.  The mother seems to be quite the actress.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:12 pm

FBI dive team joins search for toddler
Federal investigators to remain in Toledo for several days

Federal agents with special diving training are in Toledo this week assisting local officials as they continue to search for a missing toddler.
The dive team, from FBI field offices in Washington and Los Angeles, spent about seven hours in the Maumee River on Monday and were expected to return today. They are scheduled to stay in Toledo for several days, officials said.
Special Agent Vicki Anderson would not comment on specifics about the case or the dive team's involvement, but said there was “information that has indicated our need to go to the river to rule out anything.”
The toddler, 18-month-old Elaina Steinfurth, has been missing since June 2. In court records, police allege that the girl’s mother, Angela Steinfurth, knew her daughter was injured on or around that date, but failed to get the medical attention for the girl.
Mrs. Steinfurth has said she does not know Elaina’s location.
She remains in the Lucas County jail in lieu of $250,000 bond on a child-endangering charge. No other charges have been filed.
Mrs. Steinfurth was being held in a single-person cell at the jail, but over the weekend was moved into the general population.

One source said after the mother’s move that at least three inmates were taken to the downtown Safety Building to be interviewed about the case by detectives.
A $10,000 reward, offered by Toledo police and the FBI, is being offered to anyone who provides credible information leading to Elaina’s whereabouts.
Toledo police Capt. Brad Weis said investigators continue to follow up on “all credible leads.”
Mrs. Steinfurth’s stepfather, Richard Schiewe of East Toledo, watched police and agents come and go from the Maumee River on Monday afternoon.
He said he would be on standby at the river to watch every day until they stop searching.
“I just want to see her,” he said, suggesting that he wanted to be nearby if authorities find the girl.
Mr. Schiewe does not believe his granddaughter is still alive, and that her body will be found in the river.
“This is about my granddaughter,” he said. “Wherever she is.”

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2013/06/18/FBI-dive-team-joins-search-for-toddler.html
Does not look good.  I hope they find her one way or another.  William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:28 pm

Elaina's dad feared girls were mistreated by mom

By HLNtv.com Staff

updated 8:56 PM EDT, Mon June 17, 2013

Terry Steinfurth Jr., father of missing 18-month-old Elaina, tells HLN’s Nancy Grace about his fears that his daughters were being mistreated while in their mother’s care before Elaina disappeared. 

According to court documents, Angela Steinfurth has been charged with child endangerment for allegedly failing to seek medical attention after Elaina suffered an unspecified injury, but the girl has not been found.

Dad of missing baby Elaina reveals new details

By HLNtv.com Staff

updated 8:30 PM EDT, Mon June 17, 2013

In a primetime exclusive interview, Terry Steinfurth Jr. tells HLN's Nancy Grace what happened on the day his 18-month-old daughter Elaina went missing more than two weeks ago, and he describes the moment he learned his little girl was gone.

http://www.hlntv.com/shows/nancy-grace
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:23 pm

Inside the room where Elaina allegedly vanished
HLN affiliate WNWO obtained exclusive video of the inside of the house where 18-month-old Elaina Steinfurth was reported missing.

By Stephen Loiaconi
updated 10:07 PM EDT, Wed June 19, 2013

HLN affiliate WNWO obtained exclusive video of the inside of the house where 18-month-old Elaina Steinfurth was reported missing.

According to WNWO, the room where Elaina's mother claimed she last saw her when she put her down for a nap on June 2 has remained mostly untouched since authorities searched the house for evidence.

These are some of the images WNWO obtained. For more, click here.

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/06/19/inside-house-where-elaina-was-reportedly-last-seen?hpt=hln10_3
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:35 pm

Shouting match follows court appearance by missing toddler's mother

BLADE STAFF
Thursday, June 20, 2013

A shouting match nearly escalated into a physical fight between the estranged husband and stepfather of Angela Steinfurth today outside Toledo Municipal Court.

The parties were in court today as Mrs. Steinfurth, 25, appeared for a preliminary hearing before Judge Amy Berling.

The case was continued to Monday, as requested by the Toledo Police Department through the prosecutor.

Mrs. Steinfurth is charged with one count of child endangering and is being held in the Lucas County jail in lieu of $250,000 bond.

Her daughter, Elaina Steinfurth, 18 months old, has been missing since June 2.

The shouting started while Richard Schiewe, Mrs. Steinfurth's stepfather, was speaking to a reporter.

"People are driving by my house shouting, 'Baby killer,' " he said.

Elaina's father, Terry Steinfurth, Jr., 25, was nearby and said, "They're saying bring Elaina home. Get it right."

The shouting continued, with other people becoming involved, threatening to fight and swearing, for about a minute before a man who described himself as a prosecutor walked up and told everyone to settle down.

Mr. Steinfurth, who was with his father and girlfriend, left; Mr. Schiewe went to the Toledo Police Department.

Read more at http://www.toledoblade.com/Courts/2013/06/20/Shouting-match-follows-court-appearance-by-missing-toddler-s-mother.html#Ipq6pUqi7Rt8pGLA.99
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:40 pm

Mood is grim but search continues for toddler

Published: 6/20/2013 - Updated: 8 minutes ago
BY TAYLOR DUNGJEN, BLADE STAFF WRITER

Everyone seems to have a theory of what happened to Elaina Steinfurth or where the missing toddler is.

Most outcomes — theorized by family, friends, total strangers, members of the volunteer search teams — are grim.

Elaina was reportedly last seen June 2 at the residence of her mother’s boyfriend on Federal Street. Police have searched that house — and others — numerous times.

Could she be in a field, in the Maumee River, in a landfill? Is she OK and in someone’s home, unaware of the nationwide speculation that surrounds her whereabouts?

“I’d love to find her and put her to peace,” said Aidia Ortis of Toledo, who spent Wednesday afternoon creeping through overgrown grass looking for signs of the 18-month-old.

Ms. Ortis guessed that the girl is in the Maumee River. Still, she hoped the girl would be found alive.

While searching, she wore a white flower behind her right ear, held in place by her glasses.

“That’s for Elaina,” she said.

Ms. Ortis, who does not know Elaina or her family, was joined by about a dozen others Wednesday at Navarre Park in East Toledo for yet another search.

Volunteers had been through the park before, but better safe than sorry.

“We’ll continue every other day until we get an indication from the FBI that it’s a cold case,” said Risa Smith, who works with Justice for Nevaeh, a group formed after Nevaeh Buchanan was reported missing from her Monroe home in 2009. The 5-year-old was found 10 days later buried in a shallow grave along the River Raisin.

No arrests have been made in that case; Ms. Smith said something is done weekly, if not daily, to solicit tips on Nevaeh’s disappearance and death.

Wednesday’s search got an extra hand from Gale St. John and her cadaver dog Simon, a border collie.

Ms. St. John, who lives near Fort Wayne, Ind., said she was in Toledo visiting family when her daughter asked if she would help look for Elaina.

She agreed and has helped look for the girl since Saturday.

“It seemed like the right thing to do,” she said.

In 2005, Ms. St. John, who bills herself as a psychic, made local news after she led a family to the body of a missing loved one behind a North Toledo motel where he had been staying.

Foul play was not a factor in the case; a Lucas County deputy coroner reported at the time that there was evidence the man had drowned.

Ms. St. John said she planned to leave Toledo today, but was considering staying for additional searches.

After two days of searches in and along the Maumee River, using specially trained FBI agents with diving certification, officials pulled away.

Police had no other official searches planned Wednesday, but said they would continue to follow up on “credible leads.”

The toddler’s mother, Angela Steinfurth, remains in the Lucas County jail on one count of child endangering, held in lieu of $250,000 bond. She is accused of knowing Elaina had been injured on or about the day she disappeared, but not getting the little girl medical attention.

She is to appear in Toledo Municipal Court again today for a preliminary hearing.

No other charges have been filed.

Toledo police have asked that anyone with information about Elaina call 1-800-225-5324. Police and the FBI have posted a $10,000 reward for information that leads to the toddler’s whereabouts

Read more at http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2013/06/20/Mood-is-grim-but-search-continues-for-toddler.html#QoyCSfjWvI93Q4ac.99
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:09 pm

UPDATE: Relatives of Angela’s cellmate contact FBI with tip

Written by Evan Brune Casey Harper, news7@toledofreepress.com
Saturday, June 22, 2013

Relatives of Angela Steinfurth’s cellmate alerted the FBI late Tuesday evening to the potential location of Steinfurth’s missing 18-month-old daughter, Elaina.

Jobeth Adams of North Toledo said her sister, Connie Elam, called her June 18 from Lucas County Correctional Facility. Elam told Adams that Steinfurth had confessed to helping her boyfriend hide Elaina’s body.

Jobeth Adams of North Toledo holds her cellphone showing the call she and her husband made to Toledo Police Department's Crime Stoppers tip line on June 18 regarding missing 18-month-old Elaina Steinfurth. Toledo Free Press Photo by Sarah Ottney

“[Elam] called Tuesday night, and she was really upset,” Adams said. “She said, ‘I don’t know why this woman has decided to confide in me.’”

According to Elam, Steinfurth’s boyfriend Steven W. King threw Elaina up against the wall between the night of June 1 and the morning of June 2, injuring her. King then put the toddler down for a nap and when Steinfurth checked on her later, Elaina was dead.

“They wrapped [Elaina] up in a blanket, and took her down by the High-Level Bridge and [King] stood behind [Steinfurth] and she threw this baby in the river,” Adams said.

‘“[I said] ‘So what you’re trying to tell me, Connie, is there is no hope for this baby coming home?,’” Adams said. “And she said, ‘No Jobeth.’ She said, ‘They’re looking in the right place for this baby. This baby is dead. She’s in the river.’”

Elam called Adams at 9:24 p.m. June 18. Adams’ husband called Toledo Police Department’s Crime Stoppers tip line at 10:50 p.m.

“Carl called and gave all the information, and they transferred us over to the FBI,” Adams said.

Adams said her sister is only interested in helping the search for Elaina.

“The other women [in Steinfurth’s cell] want something. My sister don’t want something,” Adams said. “That’s the reason she said something.”

Adams said Elam and Steinfurth became cellmates on June 17.

“[At first], she felt bad because all the girls in there was wanting to beat the girl up,” Adams said. “Then all of a sudden, the girl comes to her and confided in her and she’s like, ‘You didn’t take your baby to the hospital?’

Elam is currently incarcerated on child endangerment charges, but has not been convicted. The charges stem from an incident on March 20, in which Elam left her 2-year-old daughter with the child’s paternal grandfather, Aubrey Dale Marshall, a convicted sex offender. Adams said Elam did not know of Marshall’s prior conviction. Marshall is charged with raping Elam’s daughter, but has not been convicted.

“My sister’s in there for something that happened to her child that she couldn’t help and is looking at this girl like, ‘I took my baby to the hospital.’ My sister took her child to the hospital. … and this lady didn’t do nothing for her baby. So it hurt my sister. It hurt her bad. It is a real messed up situation.”

Steinfurth is being held on child endangerment charges while the investigation into Elaina’s disappearance continues. King has not been charged in connection with Elaina’s disappearance.

Elaina was reported missing on June 2 when her father Terry Steinfurth Jr. came to pick up his daughter between noon and 1 p.m. at a home on Federal Street. An argument ensued when Angela refused to give him Elaina, according to several witnesses.

Almost an hour after the start of the argument, Angela went in to get Elaina but came out “crying and screaming” that Elaina was gone, according to Terry Steinfurth Sr., Elaina’s grandfather.

The family began searching the area for Elaina. They called the police when she could not be found.

http://www.toledofreepress.com/2013/06/21/relatives-of-angela%25E2%2580%2599s-cellmate-contact-fbi-with-tip/
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:58 pm

The ex-boyfriend's story revealed: What he says happened to Baby Elaina

by Angi Gonzalez
Posted: 06.21.2013 at 12:50 AM

On Thursday night's Nancy Grace show, on the HLN network, Steven King's cousin gave his account of the day 18-month-old Elaina Steinfurth last was seen, June 2nd.

King, the ex-boyfriend of Elaina's mother, Angela Steinfurth, has remained out of the public eye for nearly a week after receiving death threats.

While King has remained in constant contact with authorities, who insist he is not a suspect, there are still people who believe he had some involvement in the child's disappearance.

His cousin, Christie Edmonds, spoke on his behalf on Thursday night and told Nancy Grace that June 2nd started like any other.

"[Elaina] was playing with her toys and things. She got tired and [Angela and Steven] laid her down for a nap. Steven placed [Elaina] on the bed. Angela changed her diaper and gave her a cup. They left the house and went to a store," Edmonds said.

King's cousin says they went to an East Toledo convenience store, called Universal, to get cigarettes and then returned to the Federal Street home where they were staying.

Edmonds says that pair left again, at some point, to shop at a Dollar General store but returned a short time later.

Both times the couple left, the child was allegedly in the care of a friend to King's brother.

After the couple returned for a second time, King told Edmonds that Angela went in to check on the baby several times.

While not inside the home, Angela was allegedly watching some older children in the yard and smoking cigarettes.

In the early afternoon, King told Edmonds that Angela's estranged husband arrived to pick up the couple's two children, including Elaina.

Several witnesses say that's when Angela initially refused to hand the toddler over.

King says it wasn't until Elaina's father, Terry "TJ" Steinfurth Junior, came back for Elaina a second time that he learned the child was missing.

Edmonds also said that her cousin, Steven King, did not see the toddler with a black eye or bloody nose.

Numerous sources have come forward, in the last week, to say Angela told them Elaina had a black eye, bump on the head and bloody nostril the morning she disappeared.

It was Angela's alleged corroboration of that story that lead Toledo Police to arrest her for child endangerment.

Authorities say that Angela knew about the Elaina injuries and neglected to get her medical treatment.

Edmonds went on to tell Nancy Grace that she was deeply disturbed by a comment Angela made to her before being taken into custody.

"[Angela] said 'I just didn’t have enough time with Elaina. I just didn’t have enough time with her'... As soon as she said it my stomach went in my throat because I didn’t think it was a comment you would make if you thought your baby was coming home," Edmonds said.

http://www.northwestohio.com/news/story.aspx?id=912430#.UciIETtwrW0
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:04 pm

Case against missing Toledo toddler's mother heads to grand jury

by Amulya Raghuveer
Posted: 2 hrs, 48 mins ago

TOLEDO -- The case against the mother of a missing East Toledo toddler heads to grand jury Monday.

Angela Steinfurth appeared in Toledo Municipal Court Monday for a second preliminary hearing on a charge of child endangerment. She is accused of not seeking medical help for her 18-month-old daughter, Elaina Steinfurth, after she suffered serious injuries on June 2, the same day the toddler went missing.

The grand jury will meet behind closed doors to review the criminal charges against Steinfurth. An indictment will be issued, by the grand jury, against Steinfurth if they find probable cause that a crime has been committed and Steinfurth is responsible. A "no-bill" will be issued if the grand jury does not find probable cause.

At Steinfurth's first court preliminary hearing last week, an argument broke out outside the Toledo Municipal Court between Angela's step-father, Richard Schiewe and Angela's estranged husband, T.J. Steinfurth.

Over three weeks have passed since baby Elaina went missing from the East Toledo home where she was staying with her mother and mother's now ex-boyfriend, Steven King. Many in the community have set up vigils for the missing toddler and conducted numerous searches.  

Late last week, the Toledo Free Press was able to gain an interview with a woman who says Angela Steinfurth gave a jailhouse confession stating she was involved in the disappearance of her daughter.

http://www.northwestohio.com/news/story.aspx?id=913321#.UciJzztwrW0
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by ladibug Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:07 am

Baby Elaina Steinfurth Update: New Evidence? Fisherman's Grim Discovery Renews Search For Missing Toddler
By Beth Roeser July 1, 2013 4:17 PM EDT
ELAINA STEINFURTH - 18 months -  Toledo, OH 17965
Elaina Steinfurth with her big sister Kylee. Elaina has been missing since June 2. (Photo: Facebook)

The search for Baby Elaina Steinfurth may have a new lead to follow — but it's hardly a cause for celebration. Police aren't commenting on the possible new evidence, but it appears that a grim discovery by a local fisherman may be the key to finding Baby Elaina.

Just south of the Anthony Wayne Bridge on the Maumee River, where a previous unconfirmed tip alleged that Angela Steinfurth and her boyfriend had dropped the body of Baby Elaina after she died of injuries caused by abuse, Patrick Howard snagged his fishing line on something underwater. When he managed to free the line and reel it in, he noticed that he had picked up a chilling piece of debris: "a tuft of brownish blonde hair."

There's no way of knowing yet whether it was Baby Elaina's hair, but the missing toddler's paternal grandfather, Terry Steinfurth, Sr., said he believed investigators would be searching the water on Monday in light of the discovery. Unfortunately, that was not the case. Authorities elected to submit the hair to the lab before sending divers into the river.

"Once we are able to determine what kind of hair it is, if it turns out to be human hair, then we will go a little further and do a DNA analysis to see if it matches up with baby Elaina," explained Sgt. Joe Heffernan.

Baby Elaina's grandfather expressed frustration over the lack of communication he and the rest of Baby Elaina's family have received from the authorities handling the case.

"My son [Baby Elaina's father] and I feel we should hear from the detectives at least once a day, or once every other day," said Steinfurth. "Just to let us know that yes they still are out there doing their jobs, and sometimes we're not getting that and it makes you second-guess yourself."

Steinfurth has been deeply involved in the search for his granddaughter since the moment his son, Terry Steinfurth, Jr., called upon him to help convince Elaina's mother Angela Steinfurth to hand the little girl over in a custody exchange. He was present when Angela seemed to relent, going into the house to retrieve the child, only to later emerge screaming that Baby Elaina was gone.

Angela Steinfurth was arrested on June 12 after reportedly admitting that Elaina had suffered a serious injury for which she did not receive medical treatment. There have been conflicting reports regarding the cause and nature of said injury.
ELAINA STEINFURTH - 18 months -  Toledo, OH 17968
Baby Elaina's mother Angela Steinfurth, 25, has been indicted by a grand jury for her role in the disappearance of her daughter. (Photo: Facebook)

Baby Elaina's mother has since been indicted by a grand jury for obstruction of justice. The allegations against her have not been detailed specifically, but the indictment accuses Angela of giving false information in order to ""hinder the discovery, apprehension, prosecution, conviction, or punishment of another for crime or to assist another to benefit from the commission of a crime."

As the search for Baby Elaina Steinfurth stretches on, the missing toddler's grandfather has set up an official donations account with PNC Bank under the name "Bring Elaina Home." Part of the donations will help Elaina's father cover his bills, as he has been out of work since Elaina's disappearance. Terry Steinfurth, Sr. asked that those wishing to donate contribute only to the official PNC account.
Much of the search for Baby Elaina has focused on the Maumee River. (Photo: Facebook)
Much of the search for Baby Elaina has focused on the Maumee River. (Photo: Facebook)

"We have heard of the collection cans and the people going door to door for donations," Steinfurth said. "If you have a can set out at your business, we thank you for your support but please take it down."

Several prayer and candlelight vigils have been held for Baby Elaina since her disappearance on June 2. Vigils for Baby Elaina will be held this week on Wednesday and Saturday at the corner of Leonard and Federal Streets. Both will begin at 7 p.m.

http://www.idesigntimes.com/articles/6488/20130701/baby-elaina-steinfurth-update-new-evidence-fisherman-hair.htm
ladibug
ladibug

Job/hobbies : Collecting feral cats

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:49 pm

Steven King has been arrested in connection to the case of missing baby Elaina.
He is charged with felony obstruction of justice.

As reporters fired questions at King regarding baby Elaina's whereabouts, King replied we would all know the answers when he is found innocent.

Police say King has been impeding on their investigation and knew something about what happened to Elaina.

"Every day since this happened we've been out, interviewing, searching, trying to find out what we can verify as truth, and untruth. So I think this arrest helps move this case forward, in that respect. And like I said, expect more to come on this case," said Sgt. Joe Heffernan with the Toledo Police Department.

King has been on the radar since the investigation began. Several weeks later, the prosecutor's office was finally able to secure charges.

"I hope that the family can take back from this that this is very important to us, and we do care for them, and for the baby, and we're going to come to a resolution on this case. It may not be as quickly as some people would like, but it's better to have it done right, than to have it done quick," said Heffernan.

Both sides of Elaina's family say they have been praying for movement in the case, and this arrest means one of their prayers has been answered. Now they just want to know where their precious baby girl is.

King is expected to be in court Tuesday.

Elaina Steinfurth, a 1-year-old toddler from Toledo, went missing June 2. She was last seen on Federal Street in east Toledo.

Police got involved in her disappearance that afternoon when her father, Terry Steinfurth Jr., showed up at a home in east Toledo to pick up the girl and her older sister. The children had been staying with their mother, Angela Steinfurth, and her boyfriend, Steven King. When Terry came to pick up his daughters, he said Angela allowed their oldest to go with him, but refused to let him see Elaina. He says he persisted, yet she refused.

That's when he says the children's grandfather, Terry Steinfurth Sr., came to the house. He says he wanted to help Terry Jr. get Elaina when Angela wouldn't release her. Steinfurth Sr. says when he showed up, Angela told him Elaina was napping, and she didn't want to wake her.

Family, friends, and community members have helped search the neighborhood, even posting fliers, but they have seen no signs of Elaina.

Angela told Toledo News Now she thinks the baby was kidnapped. Her boyfriend, Steven, refused to comment.

Soon after Elaina's disappearance, police went through electronics for tips, and questioned sex offenders.

Local and FBI crews expanded their search to woods and areas surrounding the Maumee River, but were unsuccessful finding any signs after numerous attempts.

Elaina's mother, Angela, was arrested within two weeks of her disappearance. She has appeared in court multiple times on felony child endangering and obstructing justice charges. She remains in the Lucas County Jail.

At the beginning of July, a fisherman pulled out a clump of human hair while fishing in the Maumee River. DNA test results on if the hair is a match to Elaina are expected back this week.

After more than 50 days since last seeing baby Elaina, Elaina's family says they are not giving up hope, but feel they need to be realistic about the situation. Family members say they are now slowing down their search efforts and focusing on recovery.

Just days after Elaina vanished, a family friend created a Facebook page to keep Elaina in everyone's news feed. The goal is to make sure no one forgets.

The family has created a bank account where donations can be made to help fund search efforts. You can make a donation at any PNC bank branch under the account name "Bring Elaina Home."

There is still a $10,000 reward being offered for information on this case. If you have any information that can help investigators, call 1-800-CALLFBI.

http://www.19actionnews.com/story/22902471/angela-steinfurths-boyfriend-arrested-in-connection-to-missing-elaina-case

ELAINA STEINFURTH - 18 months -  Toledo, OH 22902471_BG5

I wish these people would just tell the truth.  Since Ohio has and uses the death penalty it will be a long time before the truth comes out.  

"At the beginning of July, a fisherman pulled out a clump of human hair while fishing in the Maumee River. DNA test results on if the hair is a match to Elaina are expected back this week."  This is disturbing.  If true the body will most likely never be found and true justice probably won't happen.  I hope this is not the case.  William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:51 am

I have said all alone that this is another "Baby Kate" case.  This poor little baby was murdered and the mother cares more about her p e n i s than her baby.  What a shame.  JMO.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:04 pm

Elaina's family asking people to not forget

Posted: Jul 26, 2013 5:47 AM CST
Updated: Jul 26, 2013 6:12 AM CST
Reporting by Amanda St. Hilaire

TOLEDO, OH (Toledo News Now) - The family of missing 1-year-old Elaina Steinfurth are asking the public to not forget about their little girl.

Crowds of people that once camped out at the house where Elaina was last seen are now gone. They are asking people to not give up, and to keep helping them search for baby Elaina. Saturday night the family will be holding a prayer vigil for Elaina.

The Toledo Police Department says they are expecting DNA results to see if missing hair found by a fisherman weeks ago in the Maumee River is that of missing 1-year-old Elaina Steinfurth sometime soon.

Police are asking people to be patient. They say they are purposely working slowly to make sure everything is done right.

http://www.toledonewsnow.com/story/22938355/elainas-family-asking-people-to-not-forget
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by ladibug Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:40 pm

Steven King arraigned in the case of missing Elaina Steinfurth
Posted: 08.08.2013 at 9:04 AM Updated: 08.08.2013 at 10:20 AM

Crying or Very sad TOLEDO -- Steven King appeared in court Thursday morning in connection to the case of missing baby Elaina Steinfurth, a case prosecutors now call a homicide.

King, the ex-boyfriend of Elaina's mother Angela Steinfurth, was arraigned on a charge of obstruction of justice. He was indicted by a Lucas County Grand Jury last week.

WNWO spoke to Steven King's attorney, Peter Rost, who claims this charge is being used as a tactic for King to confess.

"There are no homicide charges pending against anyone at this point," Rost said.

On July 22, Toledo Police filed a complaint against King, allegeding he made numerous false statements to them. The complaint came after review of video and potential evidence collected during their investigation into Elaina's disappearance.

Angela Steinfurth has been in jail on an obstruction of charge and is scheduled to appear in court next on Aug. 14.

King and Steinfurth were the last people seen with the toddler.

In late June, a report surfaced that Angela Steinfurth confessed to a fellow Lucas County Jail inmate that she and King threw Elaina's body in the Maumee River. "She told me they wrapped her up in blanket and took her down by the High Level Bridge," said a relative of the inmate. "And, he (King) stood behind her and she [Angela] threw this baby in the river."

King's bond is set at $250,000 and he is scheduled to appear in court August 15 at 8:30 a.m.

Elaina's family hopes criminal charges waged against King and Steinfurth will reveal the missing baby's location.

http://www.northwestohio.com/news/story.aspx?id=931325#.UhPhGn82rok
ladibug
ladibug

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:52 am

Toledoan pleads not guilty to charge stemming from toddler's disappearance

Published: 8/15/2013
BLADE STAFF

A Toledo man charged with lying to police investigating the disappearance of an East Toledo toddler entered a not guilty plea today in Lucas County Common Pleas Court.

Steven King II, 23, of 704 Federal St., is charged with obstructing justice in the June 2 disappearance of 19-month-old Elaina Steinfurth. Mr. King is the boyfriend of the little girl’s mother, Angela Steinfurth, who also is charged with obstructing justice in the case.

Judge Ruth Ann Franks set Mr. King’s case for trial on Sept. 16.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Courts/2013/08/15/Toledoan-pleads-not-guilty-to-charge-stemming-from-toddler-s-disappearance.html
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:58 am

Another POS mother.  Another POS man.  Another dead baby.

If women like this cared about their babies instead of their men, we would have half of the baby and child murders we now have.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:00 pm

Human Remains Found In Ohio Home Where Elaina Steinfurth, Missing Toddler, Last Seen

By JOHN SEEWER
9/06/13 12:06 PM ET EDT AP

TOLEDO, Ohio — Police in northern Ohio think they've found the remains of a toddler missing since June.

Investigators on Friday said a box removed from the rafters of a garage in Toledo contain the human remains of a young person.

Toledo Police Chief Derrick Diggs says the box was found Thursday at the house where 19-month-old Elaina Steinfurth was last seen three months ago. He says the property belongs to the boyfriend of the little girl's mother.

Both the mother and the boyfriend are in jail after being accused of obstructing justice during the investigation. No other charges have been filed.

An autopsy is underway.

Investigators say it may take days or weeks to determine whether the remains are that of the girl.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/06/human-remains-found-ohio-elaina-steinfurth_n_3880482.html
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:02 pm

WTH wasn't that garage searched back in June?
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:05 pm

@Chris_Delcamp
Elaina's g'father says he cleared garage where remains were found. He's sure box was NOT there! @wnwotv @hwigginsIII pic.twitter.com/Xx91fPX7tM

@Toledo_Police
We have found what we believe may be baby Elaina. DNA confirmation should be back next week. pic.twitter.com/XhYE54VBiE

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23BabyElaina&src=hash
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:08 pm

ELAINA STEINFURTH - 18 months -  Toledo, OH BTfrbMRCUAAzCp9

Crying or Very sad Even when we suspect the outcome, it's always heartbreaking to hear it. RIP baby Elaina. ♥
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by ladibug Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:13 am

tears Crying or Very sad Oh, Mom-in, I felt the same way - reading the article. There was never really any doubt in my mind; but to find a little box...it just makes this baby's death so much more cold and calculating. Evil, just evil. And her own "mother", how can these people do this? How can you cover up something so horribly tragic and then not go crazy? It is so "KC-like" villagers 
ladibug
ladibug

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next