Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"John" MONTALVO - 6 yo - / Charged: Mother, Sylvania Montalvo - Palm Bay, FL

Go down

"John" MONTALVO - 6 yo - / Charged: Mother, Sylvania Montalvo - Palm Bay, FL  Empty "John" MONTALVO - 6 yo - / Charged: Mother, Sylvania Montalvo - Palm Bay, FL

Post by twinkletoes Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:25 am

Cops: Woman charged with neglect, son didn't eat for weeks

"John" MONTALVO - 6 yo - / Charged: Mother, Sylvania Montalvo - Palm Bay, FL  SylvaniaMontalvo
Cops: Woman charged with neglect, son didn't eat for weeks
[*]

BREVARD COUNTY, Fla. —
[*]
A Palm Bay woman won't talk about the allegation that she nearly starved her 6-year-old to death.

Sylvania Montalvo is facing charges of neglect and contributing to the dependency of a child.

Investigators said Montalvo neglected to provide food or drink to her child in Brevard County for about two weeks.

They were contacted by a manager at the apartment complex, and police said when they came to check on the child, he was too weak to stand.

Montalvo's neighbors said Thursday they would have helped had they known there was a severely malnourished child living among them at Pines Apartments.

WFTV learned the boy is smiling, happy and well-fed, but that wasn't the case last month when he was removed from Montalvo's apartment.

Montalvo made her first appearance on Wednesday, and was not interested in speaking with Eyewitness News from the Brevard County Jail on Thursday.

"I will never see that child again. That's what I was told. I'm not involved in all that ma'am," Montalvo told the judge.

Montalvo told police she had hit hard times. Investigators said Montalvo still had options.

"She had a mother who lived in town within a five-minute drive, twin adult daughters down south," said Detective Ursula Cowan with Palm Bay police.

Cowan also said the father was in the child's life.

That was weeks before Montalvo's arrest.

Montalvo's son is staying with a grandparent, but the Department of Children and Families is in the process of reuniting the boy with his father who lives in Georgia.

news.yahoo.com/local/orlando-fl-2466256.html‎
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

"John" MONTALVO - 6 yo - / Charged: Mother, Sylvania Montalvo - Palm Bay, FL  Empty Re: "John" MONTALVO - 6 yo - / Charged: Mother, Sylvania Montalvo - Palm Bay, FL

Post by twinkletoes Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:29 am

Bet she hasn't missed a meal.  POS.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down