Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DAMIAN SUTTON - 2 yo (8/2013)/ Convicted: Ronald Dimambro Jr, mothers boyfriend - Romeo, MI

4 posters

Go down

DAMIAN SUTTON - 2 yo (8/2013)/ Convicted: Ronald Dimambro Jr, mothers boyfriend - Romeo, MI Empty DAMIAN SUTTON - 2 yo (8/2013)/ Convicted: Ronald Dimambro Jr, mothers boyfriend - Romeo, MI

Post by willcarney Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:34 pm

Michigan family says 2-year-old beaten critically by mother's boyfriend

•By: Andy Choi, WXYZ.com

DETROIT - A 2-year-old boy faces an uphill battle after family members say he was badly beaten by his mother's boyfriend in Washington Township.

As of Thursday night, Damian Sutton is on life-support, in critical condition, and faces his biggest medical challenge in the next 48 hours.

As candlelit prayers keep hope illuminated, across the street at Children’s Hospital, Damian's badly beaten body clings to life.

“Originally what we thought is he fell out of a playpen," said Damian's father Timothy Sutton, "The story changed to he had an asthma attack. And this was coming from the babysitter boyfriend at the time.”

Timothy Sutton says his son was under the care of his ex-wife’s boyfriend, who would watch Damian twice a week for a few hours. After the incident on Tuesday, Macomb County Sheriff Anthony Wickersham says the suspect turned himself into authorities the following day.

“He admitted to physically harming him by shaking him roughly and then throwing him.” said Timothy Sutton.

“How do you do that to a 2-year-old?" said Damian's uncle Joseph Sutton, "How do you do that to some poor child? How does he deserve that? You have to be an animal to do what he did to that poor boy. I can’t count the number of IV’s they have into him.”

“Around his mouth, it's swollen, and he has tubes everywhere," said Damian's aunt Michelle McLaughlin ,"He was bleeding from the brain yesterday.”

Damian remains in a medically induced coma, as family members now know life will not be the same.

“As the doctor told me, if he survives, he is going to have brain damage." said Timothy Sutton, "He’s not going to be the same hyper, energetic Damian that I know.”

“I still believe in the power of prayer," said Joseph Sutton, "And I want people to pray for him.”

“We know he’s got brain damage and we know more brain damage is going to happen." said Timothy Sutton, "But with how strong he is, we know he’ll pull through and he’ll be able to overcome it, I’m sure of it.”

Damian is expected to fight through massive swelling in the next 48 hours. Family members say doctors will have a better idea of the extent of Damian's brain damage by Saturday. Meanwhile, the Macomb County Sheriff's Office is expected to file charges against the individual who turned himself in on Friday.

A fund has been set up to help Damian and his family. You can help contribute at: www.gofundme.com/41dcjc

A Facebook page for Damian has been set up at: https://www.facebook.com/justicefordamiansutton

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/Michigan-family-says-2-year-old-beaten-critically-by-mothers-boyfriend

No charges have been filed as yet but are expected sometime today.  This thread will probably be moved to Murder or Abused-Death.  I really don't think he will survive but I pray he does and recovers fine.  Such a gorgeous little angel.  How can people harm such young children?????   This country needs to wake up and enact stricter laws when it comes to the hurting of children.  William

Last edited by willcarney on Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
willcarney
willcarney
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : NEVER assume your child is safe, KNOW.

Back to top Go down

DAMIAN SUTTON - 2 yo (8/2013)/ Convicted: Ronald Dimambro Jr, mothers boyfriend - Romeo, MI Empty Re: DAMIAN SUTTON - 2 yo (8/2013)/ Convicted: Ronald Dimambro Jr, mothers boyfriend - Romeo, MI

Post by willcarney Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:17 pm

DAMIAN SUTTON - 2 yo (8/2013)/ Convicted: Ronald Dimambro Jr, mothers boyfriend - Romeo, MI 2752959_G
Macomb Co. man charged with severely beating boy, 2

Posted:  Aug 23, 2013 10:43 AM CDT Updated:  Aug 23, 2013 11:03 AM CDT  

By myFOXDetroit.com Staff

ROMEO, Mich. (WJBK) -  
A 26-year-old Washington Township man faces child abuse charges after police say he severely beat his girlfriend's 2-year-old boy inside a Macomb County apartment.

Ronald Dimambro Jr. was arraigned Friday in 42nd District Court on charges of first-degree child abuse.

Family members tell FOX 2 Dimambro repeatedly punched and kicked Damian Sutton, who remains on life support Friday at Children's Hospital of Michigan in Detroit.

"I don't even know how or why you can look at a child and just hurt him that bad," said Damian's mother Nikki Sutton, who was told about the alleged attack while she was at work.

Medical personnel tell the Macomb County Sheriff's Office Damian suffered head trauma consistent with "shaken baby syndrome."

A 42nd District Court judge set Dimambro's bond at $500,000 and ordered that he have no contact with the victim's family.

We'll have much more on this story throughout the afternoon and tonight during FOX 2 News beginning at 5 p.m.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/23239580/macomb-co-man-charged-with-severely-beating-boy-2#.UheI083Yak0.facebook
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

DAMIAN SUTTON - 2 yo (8/2013)/ Convicted: Ronald Dimambro Jr, mothers boyfriend - Romeo, MI Empty Re: DAMIAN SUTTON - 2 yo (8/2013)/ Convicted: Ronald Dimambro Jr, mothers boyfriend - Romeo, MI

Post by willcarney Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:10 pm

2-year-old Damian Sutton, Washington Township boy allegedly shaken by mother's boyfriend, dies in hospital
WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP, MI — Damian R. Sutton, the 2-year-old Washington Township boy who has been hospitalized in critical condition since last Wednesday, died Tuesday morning, Macomb County Sheriff Anthony M. Wickersham's office has confirmed.

The boy was hospitalized after suffering critical injuries while being babysat by his mother's boyfriend, 26-year-old Ronald A. Dimambro.

Dimambro told dispatchers he believed Damian was suffering an asthma attack, later said he fell out of his crib and ultimately admitted to shaking the child, police said.
•Listen to 911 call

Damian underwent a brain surgery Sunday to remove a portion of his skull to relieve pressure from his swollen brain.

Dimambo is charged with first-degree child abuse and detectives are preparing a case for amended charges in the wake of the child's death, Macomb County sheriff's officials said.

Dimambro was scheduled to appear in Macomb County District Court at 9 a.m. Tuesday for a preliminary examination.

With in minutes of the news becoming public, an outpouring of condolences appeared on a Facebook page named "Prayers for Damian Ryan Sutton," set up to support the family and their medical expenses.
"My heart is heavy this morning as it is every morning I wake up and see another child has lost a life because of the abuse from someone else," wrote Melanie Loafman. "R.I.P. angel, you're in Heaven and nothing can hurt you now. I pray to bring relief to the family during this time. I can't imagine what the mother is going through. Stay strong.

"Damian touched so many people's hearts and didn't even know it."
http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2013/08/2-year-old_damian_sutton_washi.html

Another little angel now gone.  tears   This thread can now be moved to abused resulting in death. tears   As my soul cries for a little angel.  William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:27 pm

DAMIAN SUTTON - 2 yo (8/2013)/ Convicted: Ronald Dimambro Jr, mothers boyfriend - Romeo, MI Article-2403061-1B7C5821000005DC-890_306x423
DAMIAN SUTTON - 2 yo (8/2013)/ Convicted: Ronald Dimambro Jr, mothers boyfriend - Romeo, MI Article-2403061-1B7C5825000005DC-759_306x423
DAMIAN SUTTON - 2 yo (8/2013)/ Convicted: Ronald Dimambro Jr, mothers boyfriend - Romeo, MI Article-2403061-1B7C581A000005DC-252_634x618
DAMIAN SUTTON - 2 yo (8/2013)/ Convicted: Ronald Dimambro Jr, mothers boyfriend - Romeo, MI Article-2403061-1B7C5839000005DC-197_306x423

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2403061/Toddler-Damian-Sutton-dies-week-brutally-beaten-moms-boyfriend.html

He was a gorgeous little angel.  Now resting in God's gentle loving arms.

DAMIAN SUTTON - 2 yo (8/2013)/ Convicted: Ronald Dimambro Jr, mothers boyfriend - Romeo, MI 1238350_1412259655654468_1697744836_n
DAMIAN SUTTON - 2 yo (8/2013)/ Convicted: Ronald Dimambro Jr, mothers boyfriend - Romeo, MI 582003_1411041125776321_210815425_n
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by tinalovesnick Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:44 am

My heart breaks for this little guy and his family. Rip.
tinalovesnick
tinalovesnick
Pizza Delivery! Ding Dong!
Pizza Delivery! Ding Dong!

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:22 pm

Another POS mother.  Another POS boyfriend.  Another dead baby.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:09 pm

https://www.facebook.com/justicefordamiansutton?hc_location=stream

His facebook page has posted a lot of good pictures.  He was a handsome adorable little angel.  I hope he gets full justice. William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:04 pm

Washington Twp. man pleads not guilty to toddler's murder

Posted:  Sep 10, 2013 9:32 AM CDT  ROMEO, Mich. (WJBK) -  

Ronald Dimambro Jr., the Washington Twp. man accused of attacking his girlfriend's toddler son, has pleaded not guilty charges of first degree murder.

Dimambro appeared before Judge Denis LeDuc in 42nd District Court Tuesday. He is accused of assaulting two-year-old Damian Sutton inside his parent's Washington Township home last month.

Sutton was taken off life support Aug. 23.

Dimambro was originally charged with first degree child abuse, but Macomb Co. Prosecutor Eric Smith increased the charges after medical examiner's determined Sutton's death was caused by blunt force trauma.

A preliminary exam is scheduled for Sept. 26.

Dimambro is being held without bond in the Macomb Co. jail.

FOX 2's Roop Raj will have much more on this story during Live at 11.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/23390441/ronald-dimambro-jr-pleads-not-guilty-to-toddlers-murder
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:17 pm

Judge: ‘You created a pain that will never go away'

By Frank DeFrank, The Macomb Daily
POSTED: 07/24/14, 11:31 AM EDT
UPDATED: 1 SEC AGO 15 COMMENTS

Timothy Sutton spoke of how the arrival in 2011 of his son, Damian, changed the father’s life for the better.

“There was nothing really good in my life,” Sutton told a Macomb County judge Thursday. “I was making wrong decisions.”

But Damian’s arrival and the two years of his life that followed encouraged Sutton as he “got my act together” and secured a “decent job” to ensure he could provide as best as he could for his son.

The rewards were infinite, the father said.

“No matter what happened or what kind of mood I was in, (Damian) put a smile on my face,” Sutton said.

Sutton’s comments, and others by Damian’s mother, Nicole Sutton, provided a sober preamble Thursday to the sentencing of Ronald Dimambro Jr., 27, convicted earlier this summer of first-degree murder in the beating death of the toddler.

Under Michigan law, the sentence was automatic. First-degree murder is punishable by life in prison with no possibility of parole.

“You’ve created a pain that will never go away,” Macomb Circuit Judge Jennifer Faunce told Dimambro.

For Nicole Sutton, the punishment handed to her ex-boyfriend can’t be too severe.

“I will never understand how anybody could hurt my innocent baby,” she said during the sentencing hearing. “… (Dimambro) deserves the pain a mother feels when somebody takes the life of her only son.”

Last Aug. 21, Damian was in the care of Dimambro at the Washington Township home where the defendant resided with his parents; then-girlfriend, Nicole Sutton; and Damian. Nicole Sutton had moved in with Dimambro after the relationship between she and Timothy Sutton ended.

According to testimony during Dimambro’s trial, the 2-year-old died as a result of two blows he suffered to his head. In an interview with police on the day of the incident, Dimambro admitted to shaking and dropping the boy, but denied striking him in the head. The child suffered brain swelling and bleeding.

Dimambro reiterated his position in a brief statement before he was sentenced.

“This was not intentional by any means,” the defendant said. “… I did not intend for him to sustain those injuries. This was simply an accident.

“I wish he could come back. I wish this never would have happened.”

Macomb County Prosecutor Eric Smith, who personally tried the case, dismissed Dimambro’s claims.

“We know this was not accidental,” Smith said.

Defense attorney Randy Rodnick said Dimambro will appeal the verdict. The lawyer also acknowledged the emotional nature of the case, which left Dimambro’s parents “devastated,” as well.

“Obviously, you have the death of a child,” Rodnick said. “It’s going to be tough.”

http://www.macombdaily.com/general-news/20140724/judge-you-created-a-pain-that-will-never-go-away
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down