Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

YVONNE BAILEY - 22 months - / Charged: Caretaker, Matthew McCague - Sanford, FL

Go down

YVONNE BAILEY - 22 months - / Charged: Caretaker, Matthew McCague - Sanford, FL Empty YVONNE BAILEY - 22 months - / Charged: Caretaker, Matthew McCague - Sanford, FL

Post by twinkletoes Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:46 pm

Yvonne's story: The Marion County girl died before her second birthday. How did that happen?
YVONNE BAILEY - 22 months - / Charged: Caretaker, Matthew McCague - Sanford, FL Bilde?Site=OS&Date=20130908&Category=ARTICLES&ArtNo=130909761&Ref=AR&MaxW=445&border=0
An undated handout photo from the state Department of Children and Families of Yvonne Bailey, who was born on Sept. 11, 2011, and died on July 9. (Submitted photo)

Yvonne Bailey died two months before her second birthday. The toddler suffered a massive brain injury consistent with physical abuse, and authorities have charged her caretaker with first-degree murder.

While that case progresses in criminal court, more details have emerged about Yvonne's short, tragic life.

She was born at Munroe Regional Medical Center in Ocala on Sept. 11, 2011, the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
She died at Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children in Orlando on July 9, after doctors had done all they could do.

In between, Yvonne stayed in Silver Springs with her father, under whose watch she burned her left arm in a home methamphetamine lab.

She stayed in a Marion County foster home, where she thrived.

She stayed south of Belleview with her paternal aunt, who provided good care but later either blatantly disregarded social workers' instructions or tragically misunderstood them.

And, finally, she stayed in Sanford with a man whose history of crime, suicide threats and mental instability was so troubling that he was specifically ordered to have no oversight of the child.

It is this latter man, Matthew McCague, 28, who is charged in Yvonne's death. He is being held without bail at the Seminole County jail.

Yvonne's mother? She had been jailed on drug charges when she was pregnant, and then again during her daughter's first year. She is behind bars today.

Yvonne's extended family? A maternal great-uncle and his live-in girlfriend in New York state offered to adopt the child. They painted a bedroom light green and scrambled to get furniture.

“I've always wanted a little girl,” Sherrie Dibble said. “I would have taken good care of her.”

Snipped.  You can read the rest here:

http://www.ocala.com/article/20130908/ARTICLES/130909761?tc=ar
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down