Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JALEANAH "DOE" - 19 months - / Convicted: Vincent Floyd - Coudersport, PA

Go down

JALEANAH "DOE" - 19 months - / Convicted:  Vincent Floyd  - Coudersport, PA Empty JALEANAH "DOE" - 19 months - / Convicted: Vincent Floyd - Coudersport, PA

Post by twinkletoes Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:59 am

Plea deal in child abuse case

Posted: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 9:07 pm

By Sharon Corderman

Vincent Floyd, 34, of Coudersport, has entered a plea of guilty to the charge of aggravated assault (a first-degree felony) in the beating case of a 19-month-old girl. His sentencing is scheduled for Wednesday, Oct. 30, at 1 p.m. in the Potter County Courthouse. District Attorney Andy Watson said the sentencing guidelines for the charge Floyd is facing are 36 - 54 months, noting that the court can aggravate or mitigate up to 12 months. 

“Even though I don’t feel the penalty is harsh enough, the law provides guidelines we have to follow,” said Watson. Although some lesser charges were dropped under the terms of the plea agreement, Watson said he doesn’t believe Floyd would have gotten a harsher sentence even if he had been found guilty on all the charges in a jury trial. “The remaining charges were lesser, included offenses and/or were part of the same criminal act,” he explained, “so there wouldn’t have been additional jail time.”

A family member who is caring for the little girl, Jaleanah, said she hopes people will come to Floyd’s sentencing to show support for Jaleanah. She said Floyd needs to pay for what he’s done and added that she doesn’t just want “Justice for Jaleanah,” but for all battered and abused children.
“On behalf of the district attorney’s office, we are very sympathetic to what Jaleanah went through,” said Watson. “This plea reflects months of hard work on her behalf. I am pleased to be able to report that she is doing well and is living in a safe environment.”
For the rest of the story, see the Oct. 16 issue of the Leader-Enterprise.

http://www.potterleaderenterprise.com/news/article_8a57720e-36c8-11e3-b8a8-0019bb2963f4.html
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down