Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

7 UNNAMED CHILDREN - 4 to 17 yo - (2005 - 2011) / Charged: Foster parents, Steven Joseph and Alma Holland - Phoenix, AZ

Go down

7 UNNAMED CHILDREN - 4 to 17 yo - (2005 - 2011) / Charged: Foster parents, Steven Joseph and Alma Holland - Phoenix, AZ Empty 7 UNNAMED CHILDREN - 4 to 17 yo - (2005 - 2011) / Charged: Foster parents, Steven Joseph and Alma Holland - Phoenix, AZ

Post by twinkletoes Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:48 am

Former foster parent Steven Joseph Holland accused of sex crimes

Posted: 10/11/2012

PHOENIX - A 52-year old north Phoenix man and former foster parent is in jail facing several charges involving sex crimes against minors.

Court paperwork, released Friday, shows Steven Joseph Holland cared for more than a dozen children over the years, several of whom were mentally challenged.

Holland and his wife, Alma, were arrested at their home Thursday morning after a year-long Phoenix police investigation.

According to officers, the Hollands are former foster parents who had their license pulled shortly after the investigation began.
Those close to the situation say a brave child came forward with information which sparked the investigation.

According to jail records, Steven Holland faces charges that include sexual conduct with a minor, furnishing obscene materials to a minor, three counts of child molestation, two counts of sex abuse and others.

His wife was booked Thursday on child abuse charges and released Friday.

According to investigators, seven victims have been identified and claim Steven Holland videotaped at least one victim as she showered.

Those who live in Holland's neighborhood near Happy Valley Road and 51st Avenue expressed their concern for their own children.

"Once I learned of the situation and the arrest, we planned to and actually did ask my son a few questions because my son had played over there with another young boy who lived in that (Holland's) home," said Robert Brown.

Brown said he had no further concerns after speaking with his son Thursday night.

"We feel pretty comfortable, but it's scary thinking that something might have happened to him, too," said Brown.

Other neighbors described Holland as a stereotypical neighbor who would wave and say hello.

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_phoenix_metro/north_phoenix/former-foster-parent-steven-joseph-holland-accused-of-sex-crimes
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

7 UNNAMED CHILDREN - 4 to 17 yo - (2005 - 2011) / Charged: Foster parents, Steven Joseph and Alma Holland - Phoenix, AZ Empty Re: 7 UNNAMED CHILDREN - 4 to 17 yo - (2005 - 2011) / Charged: Foster parents, Steven Joseph and Alma Holland - Phoenix, AZ

Post by twinkletoes Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:19 am

Pinay sentenced in Arizona child abuse case

By Balitang America Staff, ABS-CBN North America Bureau

Posted at 12/03/2013 11:08 AM | Updated as of 12/04/2013 2:58 PM

PHOENIX, AZ – Alma Holland, a 56-year-old Filipina was recently sentenced to ten years of supervised probation, after being accused in the abuse of foster children she and her husband cared for.

Maricopa County prosecutors said Alma was sentenced after pleading guilty to two counts of child abuse. She and her husband, Steven, reportedly took in foster children, aged from four to 17, from 2005 to 2011.

Steven is accused of sexual conduct with a minor, furnishing obscene material to a minor, child molestation, sexual abuse and unlawful videotaping, over a six-year period. He allegedly abused seven children.

Court documents showed that Alma was told by one of the victims of the abuse and on one occasion, even witnessed her husband abusing a child. But she reportedly failed to do anything about it.

Child protective services have removed the children from the Holland’s home and revoked their foster-care license.

Both Alma and Steve were arrested in October 2012. ---With a report from Raul Legaspi.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/global-filipino/12/03/13/pinay-sentenced-arizona-child-abuse-case
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down