Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brookelyn Farthing - 18 yo (8/13) - Berea, KY

3 posters

Go down

Brookelyn Farthing - 18 yo (8/13) - Berea, KY Empty Brookelyn Farthing - 18 yo (8/13) - Berea, KY

Post by admin Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:14 am

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/20/brookelyn-farthing-missing-texts_n_3786436.html

8-20-2013

Brookelyn Fathing, Missing Teen, Texted Friend: 'I'm Scared'

David Lohr
david.lohr@huffingtonpost.com

A Kentucky teenager who vanished after a suspicious house fire sent a string of texts to friends just before she disappeared, her stepfather told The Huffington Post on Tuesday.

Brookelyn Farthing, 18, was last seen June 22 at a home in Berea, a small city located about 40 miles south of Lexington. The morning Farthing disappeared, the home she was visiting was damaged by a small fire.

Prior to the fire, Farthing sent several text messages, including one that said, “I’m scared,” according to her stepfather, Randall Walker.

"She started texting people to pick her up and give her a ride home," Walker told HuffPost. "She was texting her ex-fiance -- they were separated but still friends. He was at work and she texted him that he needed to come get her when he got off work. At 4:26 that morning, she texted him to hurry 'because I'm scared.'"

Read the rest of the article here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/20/brookelyn-farthing-missing-texts_n_3786436.html

Last edited by twinkletoes on Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correct heading format, add date to 2013 article)
admin
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Brookelyn Farthing - 18 yo (8/13) - Berea, KY Empty Re: Brookelyn Farthing - 18 yo (8/13) - Berea, KY

Post by admin Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:18 am

Now this is concerning:

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/Private-investigator-believes-Kentucky-missing-person-cases-may-be-related-239509891.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&device=phone
admin
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Brookelyn Farthing - 18 yo (8/13) - Berea, KY Empty Re: Brookelyn Farthing - 18 yo (8/13) - Berea, KY

Post by twinkletoes Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:05 am

From Chasing Butterflies

Today at 6:39 pm

Hi! I have been a "lurker" on your site and just registered to join. I just wanted to know if you could look at a case and see if it is possible to post it on your forum. The case is about a missing young woman from Berea, KY. Her name is Brookelyn Farthing. She disappeared under mysterious circumstances following a series of texts to friends saying she was scared.

In a possibly related matter, an attorney found a series of missing young women that looked eerily similar to Brookelyn who have also gone missing. He keeps a site with all their pictures, and states that he feels they are connected. I do not believe that the authorities feel the same way and have dismissed it, but I just wanted to see if any information could be posted about her bringing her case back into the spotlight. She has a lot of people who love her and miss her. I do not know her or her family personally, but have a friend in Berea who used to be her Sunday school teacher, and this has hit everyone who knew her very hard. Thank you so much.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:12 am

Teen goes missing an hour just before suspicious house fire in Kentucky
The family of 18-year-old Brookelyn Farthing is begging for her safe return. Since disappearing from her ex-boyfriend's home Saturday, her phone has been on but no one is picking up.

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Wednesday, June 26, 2013, 8:35 AM

Brookelyn Farthing - 18 yo (8/13) - Berea, KY Farthing27n-1-web
Brookelyn Farthing via Facebook

Brookelyn Farthing, 18, has been missing since Saturday when family say she was last seen at an ex-boyfriend's home and only an hour before a suspicious fire.

The family of a missing 18-year-old girl who mysteriously vanished just before a house fire is begging that whoever has her bring her home safe.

"If somebody's got her, please bring her back to us," Brookelyn Farthing's mother sobbed from her Lexington, Ky., home before a WTVQ reporter Monday.
Brookelyn Farthing - 18 yo (8/13) - Berea, KY Farthing27n-6-web
WTVQ-TV
Brookelyn's heartbroken mother fears the worst while begging that if someone has her daughter they bring her safely home.

State police say the teen was last seen Saturday at her ex-boyfriend's home in Berea only an hour before they responded to a suspicious couch fire in the home. The fire completely consumed the couch and the floor around it.

The property had been sitting without electricity for weeks, according to police, further baffling their investigation.
Brookelyn Farthing - 18 yo (8/13) - Berea, KY Farthing27n-7-web
WTVQ-TV
Brookelyn's family are rallying together to ask the public for help in finding the 18-year-old.

"Our arson investigators say it's not common for a fire to start without electricity. It's usually from an electrical short or a lamp that fell over," Kentucky State Police spokesman Trooper Paul Blanton told ABC.
Brookelyn Farthing - 18 yo (8/13) - Berea, KY Farthing27n-5-web
WTVQ-TV
State police say the teen was last seen at this home that belongs to her ex-boyfriend in Berea, Ky.

"But it doesn't make any sense that the fire would start the way it did happen. We're still looking at it as being suspicious," he said.

Inside the home, police found the girl's personal belongings in bags she had previously packed.
Brookelyn Farthing - 18 yo (8/13) - Berea, KY Farthing27n-4-web
WTVQ-TV
Arson investigators say it is odd that a fire started on this couch, pictured, when there was no electricity in the house.

Her cellphone was gone - and though left on, was not being answered.
Brookelyn Farthing - 18 yo (8/13) - Berea, KY Farthing27n-3-web
WTVQ-TV
Brookelyn's step-father Randal Walker says if someone has taken her, they will pay, maybe not by his hands or the police, but ultimately by God.

Her step-father Randal Walker says they've tried tracking the phone while calling but have been unsuccessful.

"If somebody's got her, it's not just us. You're going to have to pay. It's God that's going to deal with you," Walker warned.
Brookelyn Farthing - 18 yo (8/13) - Berea, KY Farthing27n-2-web
Brookelyn Farthing via Facebook

Anyone with information into Brookelyn's disappearance is being asked to call the Kentucky State Police at 859-623-2404.

Blanton says there's no immediate evidence of foul play, and he leaves open the possibility that the teen intentionally vanished.

"We've had people, once we found them, they say, 'Hey, I chose to not be in contact with those people,' and we've had ones that turn into homicide," he said.

He says it's up to Brookelyn whether she wants to be contacted, but he hopes if she's all right she'll make the right decision to let her concerned family and friends know.

"She's 18. It's up to her whether she wants to have contact or not. She can just contact us and let us know she's OK," Blanton said.

Anyone with information into her disappearance is being asked to call the Kentucky State Police in Richmond at 859-623-2404.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/teen-vanishes-hour-house-fire-article-1.1382729#ixzz2qRLPPlNk

Last edited by twinkletoes on Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:03 am; edited 2 times in total
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chasing Butterflies Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:49 am

Thank you for posting her information.
Chasing Butterflies
Chasing Butterflies
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:08 am

Brookelyn Farthing update: Case in danger of going cold

Oct 03, 2013 at 5:23 AM PDT

Brookelyn Farthing - 18 yo (8/13) - Berea, KY Default
The search for Brookelyn Farthing continues, but there are sadly not any definitive updates in the case. The fact that there is no new information in her case, even though it isn't even six months old yet, indicates that it is definitely in danger of going cold.
When a case of this caliber goes cold so soon it's hold to have even an inkling of hope that there will be closure. However, Brooke's loved ones are pushing forward in search of her -- even scrounging up as much money as they can for a reward.

Sadly, the reward is only at a measley $2,000 -- and that is clearly not enough to inspire someone to come forward with information. That can be seen from other cases -- cases that are far higher profile -- such a the disappearances of Lauren Spierer and Holly Bobo. Between the two of these girls their families and charitable persons have put up nearly half a million dollars. Yet, nobody has ever come forward with information.

It's been said at least a dozen times and it needs to be said again: Someone knows what happened to Brooke, and that someone was likely with her in the home that notoriously caught fire the night she vanished. It's also very likely that the person(s) responsible for her disappearance will never come forward for any reward, regardless of the amount.

Click here to read more by Chelsea Hoffman or fan her Facebook page to follow her latest projects. If you’re interested in learning about criminal profiling, missing persons or serial killers, consider enrolling in the Crime Studies class taught by crime analyst and profiler Chelsea Hoffman!

1 of 1

Brookelyn Farthing - 18 yo (8/13) - Berea, KY 100980117-brooke
Where is Brooke Farthing?

Chelsea Hoffman is based in Henderson, Nevada, United States of America, and is an Anchor for Allvoices.

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/15674551-brookelyn-farthing-update-case-in-danger-of-going-cold
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:12 am

Family holds out hope for missing Kentucky teen despite few developments in case

Published November 30, 2013
FoxNews.com

• Brookelyn Farthing - 18 yo (8/13) - Berea, KY MissingKentucky660

A Kentucky family continues to hold out hope for their missing 19-year-old daughter who was last seen at a house party in June.

Brookelyn Farthing was 18 when she vanished after what police say was a suspicious house fire in Madison County. Farthing’s purse and luggage were found at the house, LEX18.com reported.

Farthing’s family said the teen sent multiple text messages overnight trying to get a ride home from the party. Her stepfather, Randall Walker, said she texted her ex-fiance to pick her up, but later said she no longer needed a ride and was heading to a party in another county, WKYT.com reported.

Walker reportedly believes the last person to send a text message from Farthing’s phone was not the missing teen.

In the days and months that followed authorities asked the public to search their properties for freshly turned earth and unusual smells but found no trace.
Authorities searched more than 16,000 acres in three Kentucky counties.

Farthing’s stepfather, Randall Walker, told WLEX-TV that the family celebrates birthdays and holidays, but wants someone to come forward with information about what happened to her.

“All of us celebrating Thanksgiving at the same time and it’s hard to find something to be thankful for when a big part of your heart is gone,” Walker told LEX18.com.

"Right now, she is gone and we want to know where she is at,” Walker said.

The family has offered a $2,000 reward for information leading to her return. 

She was reportedly last seen wearing a gray Madison County FFA t-shirt and denim shorts.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/11/30/family-holds-out-hope-for-missing-kentucky-teen-despite-few-developments-in/
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down