Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DANIELA and YASLIN MAJIA (and mother, Deisy Garcia) - 2 and 1 yo - Queens, NY

2 posters

Go down

DANIELA and YASLIN MAJIA (and mother,  Deisy Garcia) - 2 and 1 yo - Queens, NY Empty DANIELA and YASLIN MAJIA (and mother, Deisy Garcia) - 2 and 1 yo - Queens, NY

Post by twinkletoes Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:29 am

Image Gallery
DANIELA and YASLIN MAJIA (and mother,  Deisy Garcia) - 2 and 1 yo - Queens, NY 3189603_G

Mother, children killed in Queens

Posted: Jan 20, 2014 5:33 AM EST Updated: Jan 20, 2014 8:54 AM EST
By LUKE FUNK, Senior Web Producer - bio

DANIELA and YASLIN MAJIA (and mother,  Deisy Garcia) - 2 and 1 yo - Queens, NY 3189609_G
NEW YORK (MYFOXNY) - A young mother and her two children were found murdered in Queens on Sunday and their killer is still on the run.

Police say all three were found stabbed to death inside their apartment just after 7 p.m.

21-year-old Deisy Garcia, two-year-old Daniela Majia and one-year-old Yaslin Majia were stabbed multiple times.

All of the victims were found in their bedroom of Sutphin Boulevard building in the Jamaica section of the borough.  Family members discovered the gruesome scene.

Police have not released any possible motive but said they are seeking the children's father for questioning.  His name has not been released

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/24496087/mother-children-killed-in-queens#ixzz2r0myLvPh
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

DANIELA and YASLIN MAJIA (and mother,  Deisy Garcia) - 2 and 1 yo - Queens, NY Empty Re: DANIELA and YASLIN MAJIA (and mother, Deisy Garcia) - 2 and 1 yo - Queens, NY

Post by willcarney Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:26 pm

Husband, 28, 'who stabbed his wife, 21, and their two daughters to death' as they got ready for church is caught fleeing to Mexico

A husband suspected of brutally stabbing his young wife and their two daughters to death as they got ready for church has been caught by police trying to flee to Mexico.

Miguel Mejias-Ramos, 28, was stopped by U.S. Marshals just before midnight driving a car with New York State license plates and attempting to get into Mexico, where he was born, police sources said.

His arrest came a day after he allegedly murdered his wife Deisy Garcia, 21, and their two daughters, two-year-old Daniela Mejia and one-year-old Yaslin Mejia, at their home in Queens, New York.

Police named her husband as a person of interest, and on Monday he was caught heading for the border. He was found with minor wounds and taken to hospital, the New York Post reported.

Garcia's uncle stumbled upon the gruesome scene at around 7pm on Sunday.

All three had suffered multiple stab wounds and sources said that two bloody knives were left in the two rooms where the bodies were found.

A friend, Diana Villa, told the Post that Garcia had been petrified of Ramos and had even asked their local pastor for help - but that she was scared of calling police because she was an illegal immigrant from Guatemala.

DANIELA and YASLIN MAJIA (and mother,  Deisy Garcia) - 2 and 1 yo - Queens, NY Article-2543253-1ADA6B4400000578-707_306x423Caught: Miguel Mejias-Ramos, 28, allegedly stabbed his wife and children to death on Sunday

DANIELA and YASLIN MAJIA (and mother,  Deisy Garcia) - 2 and 1 yo - Queens, NY Article-2543253-1ADA5B7F00000578-163_634x524Killed: Deisy Garcia, 21, was stabbed alongside her daughters, aged one and two, in their Queens home

DANIELA and YASLIN MAJIA (and mother,  Deisy Garcia) - 2 and 1 yo - Queens, NY Article-2543253-1AD18C5100000578-556_634x447Loved: Deisy Garcia's friends described her as quiet but happy, and a good mother to her young daughters

Villa said she had witnessed a violent fight between the couple at a recent baby shower after Ramos blamed her for having no beer at the party, which was at the church.

Police officers had visited the residence for domestic violence complaints against Ramos last November and May, but he was not arrested on either occasion.
Garcia’s uncle Ramon Chuc, 37, recalled discovering the bodies with his two sons, ages 12 and 10, after they returned to the home after playing football outside.

'My 12-year-old son, Rene, went inside the room and saw my niece on the floor,' Chuc sobbed. 'After that, I... saw the two babies are covered with a blanket. I take it off and see them.'

DANIELA and YASLIN MAJIA (and mother,  Deisy Garcia) - 2 and 1 yo - Queens, NY Article-2543253-1ADA6EE200000578-916_634x416Scene: Garcia's uncle came across the bodies at their Queens, New York home on Sunday night

DANIELA and YASLIN MAJIA (and mother,  Deisy Garcia) - 2 and 1 yo - Queens, NY Article-2543253-1ADA6ED200000578-757_634x409Fears: Neighbors said that couple fought and police had responded to domestic violence complaints before

DANIELA and YASLIN MAJIA (and mother,  Deisy Garcia) - 2 and 1 yo - Queens, NY Article-2543253-1ADA6EF400000578-119_634x421Investigation: The home, which is above a drug store, was cordoned off on Sunday night after the discovery

All three were pronounced dead at the scene with stab wounds to the chest.

The apartment, which is above a drug store, was cordoned off by police.

People who knew the victim from church say that Garcia had previously been married but they didn’t see the father around much.

‘She was a quiet but happy person. She always had a smile on her face. She was a good mom,’ Mario Sanchez, 16, told the Daily News.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2543253/Husband-stabbed-wife-2-daughters-caught-fleeing-Mexico.html

I just don't know how a husband and father could do that.  I would give all my belongings to have a wife and two little girls.  I would give my life to save them and this monster just takes their lives. And some people fight against the death penalty.  This is what it's for.  Monsters like this.  William
willcarney
willcarney

Job/hobbies : NEVER assume your child is safe, KNOW.

Back to top Go down

DANIELA and YASLIN MAJIA (and mother,  Deisy Garcia) - 2 and 1 yo - Queens, NY Empty Re: DANIELA and YASLIN MAJIA (and mother, Deisy Garcia) - 2 and 1 yo - Queens, NY

Post by twinkletoes Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:30 am

This seems to be happening daily now.  I will never understand it.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:08 am

Man ‘killed children because he didn’t have car seats to take them with him’

Sunday 26 Jan 2014 7:22 pm

DANIELA and YASLIN MAJIA (and mother,  Deisy Garcia) - 2 and 1 yo - Queens, NY Ad_125229081
Miguel Mejia-Ramos has been charged with murdering his family (Picture: AP)
A man reportedly stabbed his two young children to death because he didn’t have car seats to take
them with him after killing their mother.

Miguel Mejia-Ramos, 29, has been charged with killing one-year-old Yoselin Mejia, two-year-old Daniela Mejia, and his wife Deisy Garcia, 21.

The suspect is said to have murdered his family last Sunday in New York and then attempted to flee to Mexico.

He was detained in Texas before he could cross the border when his mobile phone was tracked, and agreed to return to New York on Wednesday.

The victims were discovered by Ms Garcia’s uncle Ramon Chuc and his sons.

‘My 12-year-old son, Rene, went inside the room and saw my niece on the floor,’ the 37-year-old said.

‘After that, I… saw the two babies are covered with a blanket. I take it off and see them.’

Prosecutors said Mr Mejia-Ramos told investigators he stabbed his children because he didn’t have car seats to take them.

He has been placed on suicide watch.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/26/man-killed-children-because-he-didnt-have-car-seats-to-take-them-with-him-4278041/
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:02 pm

Sarah Hedgecock
tragedy
Yesterday 3:21pm

The NYPD Didn't Translate Murdered Mother's Spanish-Language Warning

DANIELA and YASLIN MAJIA (and mother,  Deisy Garcia) - 2 and 1 yo - Queens, NY Ku-xlarge
When Deisy Garcia was threatened by her husband, she filed a report with her local police precinct. Then she and her children were murdered–and critics believe they'd still be alive if police had translated her report, which she wrote in Spanish.

Garcia, who lived in Queens, filed her first report against her husband, Miguel Mejia-Ramos, after he assaulted her in May. Such reports are required by law, and instructions on the forms are written in English and Spanish. Since Garcia was a Guatemalan immigrant she elected to file hers in her native language. In it, she said she feared he might kill her or their children. She filed a second report in November, also in Spanish, although it did not mention the same fears for her life.

Neither report was translated until January, by which point it was too late: Garcia and her two daughters had all been fatally stabbed. Mejia-Ramos was later apprehended in Texas as he attempted to make his way to his native Mexico. Speaking to the New York Post, Garcia's brother said the bureaucratic failure is at least partially to blame for his sister's death:

Garcia's brother José Garcia, 19, added, "When someone comes to them with a problem but only speaks Spanish, find someone who speaks Spanish. "They're supposed to help us no matter who we are. My sister and her kids might still be alive if they had done their jobs."
The NYPD is required by law to translate any reports written in foreign languages–a rule about which authorities reminded all precincts after Garcia's death. The department is looking into software to automatically translate foreign-language reports.

http://gawker.com/the-nypd-didnt-translate-murdered-mothers-spanish-lan-1524545603
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down