Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JOHN and JON'TEE DEVINE - 6 and 5 yo - (7-2012) (and mother Sadé Goldsmith) / Convicted: Father, John Devine - Louiville, KY

Go down

JOHN and JON'TEE DEVINE -  6 and 5 yo - (7-2012) (and mother Sadé Goldsmith) / Convicted: Father, John Devine -  Louiville, KY Empty JOHN and JON'TEE DEVINE - 6 and 5 yo - (7-2012) (and mother Sadé Goldsmith) / Convicted: Father, John Devine - Louiville, KY

Post by twinkletoes Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:23 am

POLICE: Father shot ex, killed children while they were sleeping

Posted: Jul 17, 2012 4:14 PM EDT Updated: Nov 19, 2012 7:42 AM EST

Louisville, KY (WDRB) -- New details are emerging in the triple murder of a PRP family.

Police say the father, John Devine was "cold and matter of fact' when confessed to the three murders. Police say he broke a back door into the home of 26-year-old Sadé Goldsmith, and their two young sons, 6-year-old John and 5-year-old Jon'tee Devine and shot all of them Sunday morning.

Police say he shot the mother first near the front door in the great room area, then shot the boys upstairs. Police say the boys were sleeping in one bed together when they were killed.

"In speaking with the detectives - he was matter of fact, somewhat cold, but he did state what he had done," said Lt. Barry Wilkerson, the head of the LMPD homicide unit.

Police say father John Devine and Goldsmith had an on and off again relationship that included domestic violence. They were currently separated.

Police believe his intention was to commit suicide and say he shot himself in the upper chest , but survived. Police say a panic alarm went off in the house after the break-in, and police believe the quick response from the ambulance helped keep John Devine alive.

He is speaking to investigators and is expected to be released from University Hospital to Metro Corrections after he recovers.
LMPD's Lt. Barry Wilkerson says, "I think from just talking to the detectives and his demeanor, it was a situation where the anger built up. It was just one moment when all that occurred."

Investigators say Devine was very matter of fact, and even cold when talking about killing his family. Devine is now charged with three counts of murder and one count of burglary. He is eligible for the death penalty.

Police are not releasing how many times they were shot or what type of gun was used.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/19046894/police-say-father-killed-children-while-they-were-sleeping
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

JOHN and JON'TEE DEVINE -  6 and 5 yo - (7-2012) (and mother Sadé Goldsmith) / Convicted: Father, John Devine -  Louiville, KY Empty Re: JOHN and JON'TEE DEVINE - 6 and 5 yo - (7-2012) (and mother Sadé Goldsmith) / Convicted: Father, John Devine - Louiville, KY

Post by twinkletoes Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:30 am

Father pleads guilty to PRP triple slaying of ex-girlfriend, children

Posted: Jan 24, 2014 3:23 PM EST Updated: Jan 24, 2014 10:29 PM EST

JOHN and JON'TEE DEVINE -  6 and 5 yo - (7-2012) (and mother Sadé Goldsmith) / Convicted: Father, John Devine -  Louiville, KY 24541925_BG1
John Devine Sr. pleaded guilty Friday to the 2012 murders of his ex-wife and two children.

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- The man charged with the 2012 triple murder of his ex and two children in their PRP home pleaded guilty Friday, Jan. 24.

On the morning of July 15, 2012, police say John Devine broke into the home of 26-year-old Sade Goldsmith, killing her and their young sons.

"You have a 5 and 6-year-old child that was murdered by their father. It sticks with you," said LMPD Homicide Detective Jon Lesher.

"We actually got the run as a possible burglary," he said.

Lesher led the investigation.
"He had actually shot himself after shooting all of his family," Lesher explained to WDRB..

Police say Goldsmith was Devine's ex and the mother of their two boys.

They believe he shot her first and then shot their sons, who were upstairs sleeping..

Police believe his intention was to then commit suicide by shooting himself in the upper chest, but he survived.

When Devine was taken into custody, Lesher says he confessed to everything.

"It was very cold and up front. I don't even know how to explain it. It was one of those that you can't believe what's coming out of someone's mouth like that," he said.

John Devine didn't have much to say in court on Friday. He spoke only when agreeing with the judge.

"Are you pleading guilty voluntarily?" the judge asked. "Yes," answered Devine.

"You're charged with three counts of murder, a capital offense," continued Judge Barry Willett.

Devine was given three life sentences with no parole and 20 years for burglary.

"It's an outcome I'm pleased with as well as the family and the commonwealth attorney," said Lesher.

Sade Goldsmith's sister spoke inside the courtroom Friday.

"My nightmares consist of what those boys went through," she said.

"She said it's very hard for her and her family. It's her only sister," added Lesher.

"Nothing will bring back the three victims but the outcome is not having to put the family through this and maybe this brings a little closure to them," he said.

"Anytime we deal with the homicide of any children, of course it stands out and you know and my heart goes out to the family."

Devine had been eligible for the death penalty.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/24541925/father-pleads-guilty-to-prp-triple-slaying-of-ex-wife-children
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

JOHN and JON'TEE DEVINE -  6 and 5 yo - (7-2012) (and mother Sadé Goldsmith) / Convicted: Father, John Devine -  Louiville, KY Empty Re: JOHN and JON'TEE DEVINE - 6 and 5 yo - (7-2012) (and mother Sadé Goldsmith) / Convicted: Father, John Devine - Louiville, KY

Post by twinkletoes Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:39 am

I hope and pray his fellow convicts give him the punishment he so deserves.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down