Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HEAVEN WOODS - 5 yo (2014)/ Charged: Mother; Amanda Hendrickson - Rome GA

2 posters

Go down

HEAVEN WOODS - 5 yo (2014)/ Charged: Mother; Amanda Hendrickson - Rome GA Empty HEAVEN WOODS - 5 yo (2014)/ Charged: Mother; Amanda Hendrickson - Rome GA

Post by mom_in_il Tue May 27, 2014 5:39 pm

Rome girl, 5, died of blunt force trauma; pregnant mother arrested

Updated: 9:44 a.m. Friday, May 23, 2014
Posted: 12:19 p.m. Thursday, May 22, 2014
By Michelle E. Shaw and Craig Schneider, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

HEAVEN WOODS - 5 yo (2014)/ Charged: Mother; Amanda Hendrickson - Rome GA Heaven
Heaven Woods

Well before Amanda Hendrickson was charged in the death of her 5-year-old daughter, family members said they saw mysterious injuries that the mother tried to explain away.

When the grandmother of little Heaven Woods spotted a knot on the girl’s head about a year ago, the mother explained her daughter was clumsy and fell on a coffee table.

When Heaven had bruises in the shape of a hand on her throat, the mother said the girl was autistic and tried to choke herself.

Family members also recall at least one instance in which the mother lost her temper, grabbed the hair on Heaven’s head and lifted her clear off the floor.

“I wish I would have stepped up and done something,” said Ashley Coursey, 21, Hendrickson’s half-sister and Heaven’s aunt.

On Thursday, Heaven’s grandmother, Lisa Coursey, and Ashley Coursey, both of Adairsville, called for the death penalty.

“I want justice for my granddaughter,” Lisa Coursey said. “If she (Hendrickson) did this, she should rot in H-E-L-L.”

Heaven died Tuesday after Monroe County 911 received two calls at 8:51 a.m. for an unresponsive child. Police went to the Forsyth home of Roderick Buckner, where Heaven and her mother had been living since early this month, according to the GBI.

An autopsy of Heaven Woods’ body at the GBI Crime Lab in Atlanta revealed the girl died of blunt force trauma to the abdomen. Her death is being investigated as a homicide, the GBI said.

Hendrickson, 33, has been arrested on charges of felony child cruelty in the first degree and giving false statements. Additional charges are expected.

Buckner, 34, also faces felony first-degree child cruelty charges and could face additional charges as the investigation into Heaven’s death continues, the GBI said.

The autopsy on the child revealed both new injuries and older ones that had healed, said GBI spokeswoman Sherry Lang.

Hendrickson has a “history” with the Georgia Department of Family and Children Services in Rome, the GBI said.

DFCS declined to discuss the family Thursday.

Hendrickson had told Forsyth police that Heaven had been staying with a friend in Rome, and that the girl was sick when she returned to Forsyth Monday night, according to the Forsyth police incident report.

First responders performed CPR on the girl and told police Heaven’s body had “visible evidence of possible abuse,” according to the report.

GBI’s Lang said she could not comment on what might have happened to Heaven prior to the 911 call.

The young girl was transported to Monroe County Hospital, where she was pronounced dead, according to the GBI release.

Lisa Coursey said when she saw Hendrickson pull the girl off the floor by her hair about a year ago, she issued a stern warning.

“I said, ‘If I catch you doing that again, I will call DFCS,’ ” she said.

When Ashley Coursey saw it happen, “I walked out of the room. I can’t stand being mean to a child.”

Now, she said, she wishes she had called the police.

“She’s not a good mother,” said Ashley Coursey. “She jumps from man to man. She’s not good to Heaven. She slaps her. She jerks her arm.”

Heaven, she said, was “a lovable child. All she wanted you to do was hold her and love her.”

The child, she said, had attention deficit problems, but she loved watching cartoons, spending time in the playground or having someone read to her.

Family members say Hendrickson has other children and is pregnant with another.

Hendrickson’s Facebook pages show pictures of Heaven as a baby and ultrasound photos of what appears to be her current pregnancy.

One page indicates she attended Adairsville High School and enjoys the movies “Friday the 13th” and “The Outsiders.”

On Buckner’s Facebook page, he says he attended Mary Persons High School in Forsyth, and he also included a photo of an ultrasound. The page includes several poems and sayings such as, “Your biggest hater could be your closest friend. People pretend well.”

Hendrickson and Buckner are being held at the Monroe County jail without bond. They appeared before Monroe County Chief Magistrate Judge Buck Wilder on Thursday, and the judge denied bond for both.

Family members gathered Thursday at the Adairsville home of Heaven’s grandmother.

“We’re all crying, hurt and sad,” Ashley Coursey said. “I’m disgusted.”

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/rome-child-5-dies-in-monroe-county-2-adults-arrest/nf5fJ/
mom_in_il
mom_in_il
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down

HEAVEN WOODS - 5 yo (2014)/ Charged: Mother; Amanda Hendrickson - Rome GA Empty Re: HEAVEN WOODS - 5 yo (2014)/ Charged: Mother; Amanda Hendrickson - Rome GA

Post by twinkletoes Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:24 pm

Posted: 5:55 p.m. Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Heaven Woods’ family had long DFCS history

HEAVEN WOODS - 5 yo (2014)/ Charged: Mother; Amanda Hendrickson - Rome GA Heaven-Woods-1-
Heaven Woods, 5, died May 20 of blunt force trauma to the abdomen. Her family had been reported nine times to the state for alleged abuse and neglect.

By Craig Schneider
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Five-year-old Heaven Woods died of blows to the abdomen weeks after the state supposedly began investigating evidence that she was being beaten by adults in her home, an official case summary obtained Tuesday by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reveals.

On May 1, a caseworker visited the girl’s home in Floyd County after someone reported seeing an adult kicking Heaven in the back as they walked down the street. The worker who visited found no marks on her back but apparently did find other suspicious marks, the file suggests. (Like all case files released by the Division of Family and Children Services, it is so heavily redacted as to be almost indecipherable.)

The identify of the alleged assailant is among the details blacked out. However, Heaven’s mother, Amanda Hendrickson, and the mother’s boyfriend, Roderick Buckner, have been charged with murder in her death.

On May 20, EMS workers in Monroe County responded to a call from Buckner’s home saying that Heaven was unresponsive. An autopsy revealed that she had died of blunt force trauma to the abdomen. It also revealed evidence of several other injuries, some fresh and some old.

The report in May was the ninth time the family had been reported to DFCS since 2009, according to the file, which the agency released in response to an open records request from the AJC. With only one recorded exception, all the reports were filed in Floyd County.

The agency screened out most of the complaints with no formal investigation, occasionally referring the family to ministries or other social service agencies for help.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-law/heaven-woods-family-had-long-dfcs-history/ngMzL/
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down