Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BELLA WILLARD - 4 yo/ (5/2014)/ Suspect: Father; Jesse Willard (suicide) - Portland OR

Go down

BELLA WILLARD - 4 yo/ (5/2014)/ Suspect: Father; Jesse Willard (suicide) - Portland OR Empty BELLA WILLARD - 4 yo/ (5/2014)/ Suspect: Father; Jesse Willard (suicide) - Portland OR

Post by mom_in_il Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:18 pm

Mom in ‘living hell’ after husband kills daughter

By Brent Weisberg and KOIN 6 News Staff
Published: June 4, 2014, 1:02 pm
Updated: June 4, 2014, 1:33 pm

PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN 6) — Stephanie Willard took her grief to the Portland City Council Wednesday to advocate for more help for those struggling with mental health issues.

Her husband, Jesse Willard, killed their 4-year-old daughter, Bella, and then himself in their North Portland home on May 8.

Stephanie was at the City Council on the day flags were lowered to half-staff throughout Portland to honor Bella.

Jesse, who she described as her best friend, was desperate. He feared the pain he was in was going to spread to Bella.

She said Jesse did the unthinkable because he was suffering from “demons.”

Jesse was getting treatment for bi-polar disorder, she said. She urged the council to take mental health issues more seriously so that this tragedy never happens to another family.

“My losses have stoked a fire in me that will never die,” Stephanie Willard told the council. “If I can prevent one life from being lost, one person, from the angush and living hell that I experence now daily, then I will have a little bit more peace in my soul.”

According to the Portland Police Bureau:

Help is available for community members struggling from a mental health crisis and/or suicidal thoughts. Suicide is preventable.

The Multnomah County Mental Health Call Center is available 24 hours a day at (503) 988-4888.

If you or someone you know needs help with suicidal thoughts or is otherwise in an immediate mental health crisis, please visit Cascadia or call (503) 963-2575. Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare has an urgent walk-in clinic, open from 7:00 a.m. to 10:30 p.m., 7 days a week. Payment is not necessary.

Lines for Life is also available 24 hours a day at (503) 972-3456.

http://koin.com/2014/06/04/mom-in-living-hell-after-husband-kills-daughter/
mom_in_il
mom_in_il
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down