Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GREAT BRITAIN • AMINA AGBOOLA - 2 yo - / Convicted: Mother's boyfriend, Dean Harris - Cambridgeshire, UK

Go down

GREAT BRITAIN • AMINA AGBOOLA - 2 yo - / Convicted: Mother's boyfriend, Dean Harris - Cambridgeshire, UK Empty GREAT BRITAIN • AMINA AGBOOLA - 2 yo - / Convicted: Mother's boyfriend, Dean Harris - Cambridgeshire, UK

Post by twinkletoes Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:00 am

2-Year-Old Violently Killed by Boyfriend Mom Had Been Warned About

Posted by Jenny Erikson on Jun 18, 2014 at 10:42 PM

GREAT BRITAIN • AMINA AGBOOLA - 2 yo - / Convicted: Mother's boyfriend, Dean Harris - Cambridgeshire, UK Poe3oqfqgo
A two-year-old child is dead, after being kicked so hard her liver split in two. Her mom's boyfriend was found guilty of the crime, which he apparently commited because the little girl soiled her diaper. Dean Harris, 19, reportedly kicked her six feet across the room because he couldn't handle a blown-out diaper.

The child's mother, Sarah Racquemen, 29, was cleared of any wrongdoing, but there are some serious questions about using good judgement in this case. It seems as though she had been warned about Harris' violent tendencies, yet she still chose to leave him alone with her child.

Harris was left alone with little Amina Agboola when the incident occurred. He called emergency services when he realized he may have gone too far, but told paramedics that she had fallen off the toilet. He later admitted to kicking her, but said he didn't mean to "cause her serious harm." How one doesn't mean to cause serious harm to a baby by kicking her across a room is still a mystery.

The toddler was taken to the hospital, but died later the same day. Doctors also found evidence of older injuries, including a recently broken arm, bruises on her head, and bite marks on her cheek and forearm. My heart weeps for this poor little girl.

But of course, this story gets worse, because sometimes people do terrible things. Racqueman reportedly told the court that a social worker had repeatedly warned her of her boyfriend's domestic violence history. Yet she still let him babysit her daughter. "I believe in second chances,” she said.

Second chances or not, you don't leave your baby alone with someone who has a history of violence! Gah. I'm really hoping there is more to this case than is being reported on, because it seems like mom should have been charged as an accomplice or something.

Prosecutor Zoe Johnson said, "The evidence demonstrates that in the period leading up to Amina Agboola's death, Sarah Racqueman was repeatedly warned by professionals that Dean Harris posed a risk of serious physical harm to children but she chose to ignore those warnings ... that was to prove, unfortunately, a fatal decision."

Police agreed that Harris used "completely disproportionate violence" against the little girl. Cambridgeshire Det. Chief Insp. Jon Hutchinson said, "There is never an excuse to hit a child and he should have had no doubt what the potential consequences were of using such force on a two-year-old."

The County Council is said to be launching "a serious case review into this tragic case is currently being undertaken by the Local Safeguarding Children's Board to see if there are any lessons to be learned for agencies from the tragic death of Amina."

How about this for a lesson? If you're going to give someone with a violent past of domestic abuse a second chance -- don't leave him alone with your kid.

Do you think a mother should bear any responsibility for crime like this, or is losing her child punishment enough?

http://www.cafemom.com/articles/in_the_news/173840/2yearold_violently_killed_by_boyfriend?utm_medium=sem2&utm_campaign=prism&utm_source=outbrain&utm_content=0
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

GREAT BRITAIN • AMINA AGBOOLA - 2 yo - / Convicted: Mother's boyfriend, Dean Harris - Cambridgeshire, UK Empty Re: GREAT BRITAIN • AMINA AGBOOLA - 2 yo - / Convicted: Mother's boyfriend, Dean Harris - Cambridgeshire, UK

Post by twinkletoes Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:03 am

A 29 year old grown woman brought a violent teenager into her bed and allowed him to beat and murder her baby.  She needs to be in prison.

This was not the first time he abused her baby and she knew it.

Doctors also found evidence of older injuries, including a recently broken arm, bruises on her head, and bite marks on her cheek and forearm.

Second chance my ass.

Another POS mother.  Another POS man.  Another dead baby.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

GREAT BRITAIN • AMINA AGBOOLA - 2 yo - / Convicted: Mother's boyfriend, Dean Harris - Cambridgeshire, UK Empty Re: GREAT BRITAIN • AMINA AGBOOLA - 2 yo - / Convicted: Mother's boyfriend, Dean Harris - Cambridgeshire, UK

Post by twinkletoes Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:11 am

GREAT BRITAIN • AMINA AGBOOLA - 2 yo - / Convicted: Mother's boyfriend, Dean Harris - Cambridgeshire, UK PAY-Dean-Harris

Nasty: Dean Harris kicked the two-year-old so hard it caused her liver to split in two

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/amina-agboola-death-man-found-3711751#ixzz359nkOXfD
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down