Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MARTA GUZMAN - 11 yo (6/2014) - / Charged: Mother's Ex-BF; Miguel Ruiz Lobo - Miami FL

Go down

MARTA GUZMAN - 11 yo (6/2014) - / Charged: Mother's Ex-BF; Miguel Ruiz Lobo - Miami FL Empty MARTA GUZMAN - 11 yo (6/2014) - / Charged: Mother's Ex-BF; Miguel Ruiz Lobo - Miami FL

Post by mom_in_il Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:23 pm

Man accused of murdering 11-year-old girl expected in court

Posted: Jul 21, 2014 4:36 PM CDT
Updated: Jul 22, 2014 10:34 AM CDT

MARTA GUZMAN - 11 yo (6/2014) - / Charged: Mother's Ex-BF; Miguel Ruiz Lobo - Miami FL 4268656_G
11-year-old Marta Guzman

MIAMI (WSVN) -- A South Florida man accused of slashing the throat of an 11-year-old girl after the child allegedly convinced her mother to break up with him is scheduled to appear in bond court Tuesday.

MARTA GUZMAN - 11 yo (6/2014) - / Charged: Mother's Ex-BF; Miguel Ruiz Lobo - Miami FL 4268634_G
42-year-old Miguel Ruiz Lobo

On Monday, City of Miami Police announced they had arrested 42-year-old Miguel Ruiz Lobo, the former-live-in boyfriend of Little Havana resident Amauria Alvarenga, after he allegedly killed her daughter, Marta Guzman, and attempted to make it look like a suicide.

On June 22, City of Miami Police responded to reports of an 11-year-old-girl found with her neck slashed at 834 N.W. Fourth St. Guzman was transported to the hospital but would not survive.

The death was originally believed to be a suicide since the young girl had a history of cutting. However, autopsy results revealed the manner of death was homicide.

Speaking with reporters Monday evening, Alvarenga said Ruiz never abused her daughter physically. Instead, she said, the abuse was more emotional in nature, and the sixth-grader convinced her to end her relationship with the suspect.

Friends consoled a tearful Alvarenga as she sat in her apartment and wiped away her tears. Not far from her, the walls of Marta Guzman's bedroom were peppered with the straight-A student's framed achievement certificates.

Alvarenga, who has been separated from husband Jose Guzman for five years, said she is grateful the man police said is responsible for her daughter's murder has been apprehended. "I feel better that they arrested him because that's what I needed," she said through a translator. "From the moment I found her, I never thought she committed suicide because I know my daughter."

Ruiz stated he had no contact with the victim in over a week, but a neighbor's surveillance camera showed Ruiz entering the victim's residence and leaving 32 minutes later. In the video, no one else is seen entering the apartment until the girl's mother arrives and discovers the victim at around 2:28 p.m.

During the investigation, police also noted Ruiz had visible, fresh scratches on his arms and face. Police then submitted Ruiz's DNA swabs along with the victim's fingernail scrapings to a lab for testing. Results showed the DNA from the victim's fingernail scrapings matched Ruiz's DNA.

Police said Ruiz attempted to use the girl's history of self-mutilating as a cover up for the murder. They also said he was not allowed at the girl's residence but used a key to enter the apartment and slit the child's throat as revenge after she allegedly convinced her mother to break up with him. The mother immediately believed Ruiz was responsible for the girl's death.

Miami Police Chief Manuel Orosa said, "It all stems from the little girl and her mother did not get along with Mr. Ruiz, who was the boyfriend of the mother, and eventually the little girl convinced mom to break up with Mr. Ruiz. Mr. Ruiz was not happy about it. He returned to the house when the girl was alone. He used a key that he knew the whereabouts of the key, and we believe he entered and killed the young lady."

Police said Marta Guzman fought back, but was unsuccessful with her assailant standing 6 feet 4 inches tall and weighing 210 pounds. "It's unspeakable," said Orosa. "We believe that he subdued her quickly, and during that time is when she was able to get in a few scratches on his face and on his arms. He's such a huge monster of a man that could control her easily, and eventually he did and killed her. There were other signals of multiple puncture wounds that she had. He knew that she had cut herself previously."

Alvarenga said she knew in her heart her ex- was the killer. She just needed investigators to prove it.

Alvarenga added her daughter's death is not only a huge loss for her family, but for the community where she lives, many of whom are from Honduras. "I would have given my life for her," she said.

The 11-year-old's father said he is devastated. "It's not easy. I cry every night, every day, anytime," said Jose Guzman, who added he wants the maximum sentence handed down to Ruiz.

Ruiz has been charged with first-degree murder.

http://www.wsvn.com/story/26073842/police-arrest-man-accused-of-murdering-11-year-old-girl
mom_in_il
mom_in_il
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down