Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ANATOLY VELTMAN JR - 11 yo (8/14) - / Charged: Teacher's aid, Milton Parker - Brooklyn, NY

Go down

ANATOLY VELTMAN JR - 11 yo (8/14) - / Charged: Teacher's aid, Milton Parker - Brooklyn, NY  Empty ANATOLY VELTMAN JR - 11 yo (8/14) - / Charged: Teacher's aid, Milton Parker - Brooklyn, NY

Post by twinkletoes Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:42 am

Autistic boy, 11, punched by city educator at Brooklyn school

EXCLUSIVE:
Milton Parker, 58, a paraprofessional at Public School 225 in Brooklyn, allegedly attacked the 11-year-old after the boy didn't clean up a water spill. Parker was charged with felony assault, among other charges.

BY John Marzulli
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Thursday, August 14, 2014, 2:30 AM

ANATOLY VELTMAN JR - 11 yo (8/14) - / Charged: Teacher's aid, Milton Parker - Brooklyn, NY  Schools14n-1-web Ken Murray/NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Anatoly Veltman, 11, was punched by paraprofessional Milton Parker, police said.  

A city Department of Education employee has been charged with felony assault for punching out an 11-year-old autistic boy in the cafeteria of a Brooklyn school, the Daily News has learned.

Milton Parker, 58, a paraprofessional at Public School 225 in Brighton Beach, attacked the youngster last Thursday after he had spilled water on the floor, according to the boy's father, Anatoly Veltman.

Parker ordered Anatoly, Jr., to clean up the spill, but the boy apparently did not understand what he meant — further enraging the supervisor. He grabbed the boy and punched him in the face, according to court papers.

“The police officer told me Mr. Parker said my son said 'something racial' to him,” Veltman told The News. “I spoke to my son and all he could say was he told (Parker) to 'keep your hands to yourself.’”

After reviewing a video of the incident recorded on a school security camera, cops charged Parker with felony assault, endangering the welfare of a minor, menacing and harassment. He has been suspended without pay and could not be reached.

ANATOLY VELTMAN JR - 11 yo (8/14) - / Charged: Teacher's aid, Milton Parker - Brooklyn, NY  Schools14n-2-web Michael Scott Berman for New York Daily News Public School 225 in Brighton Beach, Brooklyn, was where the 11-year-old autistic boy was allegedly punched.  

Anatoly Jr. has the cognitive and social skills of a 6-year-old and requires one-on-one supervision by a paraprofessional, his father said. Parker was not the boy's assigned paraprofessional for the summer school class.

"These paraprofessionals are supposed to be properly trained to protect and teach children with disabilities, not assault them," said lawyer Scott Rynecki of the law firm Rubenstein & Rynecki.

Veltman said his son was treated at Coney Island Hospital for a possible concussion and severe bruising on the side of his face. The youngster is extremely apprehensive about returning to school, the father said.

“Children in the care of these paraprofessionals should be protected 100 percent,” Veltman said. “I could never imagine in my worst dream that this could happen.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/autistic-boy-11-punched-city-educator-brooklyn-school-article-1.1902762#ixzz3ARMYigRw[/size]
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down