Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ANTONIO SMITH - 9 yo (8/14) - Chicago, IL

2 posters

Go down

ANTONIO SMITH - 9 yo (8/14) - Chicago, IL Empty ANTONIO SMITH - 9 yo (8/14) - Chicago, IL

Post by twinkletoes Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:35 pm

Boy, 9, fatally shot in Greater Grand Crossing

Antonio Smith, 9, was fatally shot in the Greater Grand Crossing neighborhood.

ANTONIO SMITH - 9 yo (8/14) - Chicago, IL Origin
By  Eric Horng  

Wednesday, August 20, 2014
CHICAGO (WLS) --

Antonio Smith, 9, was fatally shot in the Greater Grand Crossing neighborhood, his family told Eyewitness News Wednesday night.

The victim's relatives made a plea to the shooter, who remains at large on Wednesday night.

"He was just a child, just a baby, still had a whole life ahead of him. And like, why? Just a child," said Kenya Eggleston, victim's cousin.

Smith was shot multiple times in the chest around 4 p.m. Wednesday in the 1200-block of East 71st Street.

"At first I didn't know if they were really shots or not. I just heard pop, pop, pop, pop, pow. So I just kept doing what I was doing," said Dave West, neighbor.

"It hurts my heart, really, to see the young kids just, just killing each other. And school is getting ready to start," said Robert Blake, neighbor.

Sources say Antonio, a soon-to-be third grader, was found in the backyard of this apartment building, where he wasn't a resident. It's unclear why he was there.

"We don't know what happened. We don't know if he was running from someone. This is a dead end alley. So he had to be running from somebody trying to go up on the tracks and cross over," said Ashiea Smith, whose relatives live in the building, but is unrelated to the victim.

Forensics investigators and K-9 units combed the neighborhood and nearby Metra tracks for evidence Wednesday night. Smith was rushed to Comer Children's Hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.

"I just want whoever did this to turn themself in because he was a 9-year-old innocent baby. He didn't deserve that," said Rasheda Eggleston, victim's cousin.

Antonio's relatives say he lived in the neighborhood, but they don't know why he was at that location.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/family-boy-9-fatally-shot-in-greater-grand-crossing/273468/
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

ANTONIO SMITH - 9 yo (8/14) - Chicago, IL Empty Re: ANTONIO SMITH - 9 yo (8/14) - Chicago, IL

Post by ladibug Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:51 am

Mom of slain Chicago boy said boy left house in a fit over cupcake 

Brandi Murry said her little boy took off from her house in a huff on Wednesday afternoon. A short time later, he was found shot several times in the enclosed yard of a nearby apartment house. One local pastor called the killing an 'execution.'

BY [url=http://www.nydailynews.com/authors?author=Philip Caulfield]PHILIP CAULFIELD [/url] 

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Friday, August 22, 2014, 2:23 PM

ANTONIO SMITH - 9 yo (8/14) - Chicago, IL Antonio23n-2-webFAMILY PHOTO9-year-old AnSometime around 4 p.m., police found his bloodied body in the backyard of a stranger's home on East 71st Street, near what local reports said was the dividing line of a turf war between two South Side gangs.

Two days later, police were still hunting for a gunman. They don't have a description and there were no suspects.tonio Smith, who was fatally shot on Chicago's South Side on Wednesday afternoon.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/mom-slain-chicago-boy-boy-left-house-fit-cupcake-article-1.1913464

Last edited by ladibug on Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:58 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Because every time I leave page to copy text or URL everything disappears.)
ladibug
ladibug

Job/hobbies : Collecting feral cats

Back to top Go down

ANTONIO SMITH - 9 yo (8/14) - Chicago, IL Empty Re: ANTONIO SMITH - 9 yo (8/14) - Chicago, IL

Post by ladibug Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:07 am

Oh this infuriates me - I wonder if he was wearing the wrong color jacket or something? I thought it was going to be another "caught in the line of fire" murder, but this was deliberate. 

If someone is looking for an excuse to riot then it should be where these murderous, cowardly gangs are - oh that's right, nothing to steal doing that, or maybe that would be too dangerous. How does a person put four bullets deliberately into a little boy? Evil, just evil  villagers
ladibug
ladibug

Job/hobbies : Collecting feral cats

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:14 am

Hard to stomach that the murder of a 9 year old child could be deliberate.

WTF is wrong with people who place no value on human life?
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down