Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KATIE HICKS - 14 yo (2009) - Hartford CT

3 posters

Go down

KATIE HICKS - 14 yo (2009) - Hartford CT Empty KATIE HICKS - 14 yo (2009) - Hartford CT

Post by TomTerrific0420 Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:52 am

A 14-year-old girl who was undergoing treatment at an Asylum Hill center for girls walked away from the facility Tuesday night, and her mother appealing to the public to help her find her daughter.

KATIE HICKS - 14 yo (2009) - Hartford CT 48106229

Katie Hicks, a Seymour girl who was at the Gray Lodge for only a week, apparently left with another resident, her mother Cheryl Hicks said Thursday.

Hartford police have opened a case, and a juvenile division detective is looking for Katie and another girl who left the program with her, police said.

Katie is described as white, 4-foot-11½, about 105 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes.

Anyone with information about her whereabouts is asked to call Det. Ivys N. Arroyo at 860-757-4236.

Last edited by TomTerrific0420 on Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

KATIE HICKS - 14 yo (2009) - Hartford CT Empty Re: KATIE HICKS - 14 yo (2009) - Hartford CT

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:09 am

SEYMOUR -- A 14-year-old town girl who had just entered a residential program in Hartford has been missing from that center since Tuesday night, and her mother is hoping that she or anyone who has any information about her whereabouts will come forward.

Cheryl Hicks said Friday that her daughter Katie left the Grey Lodge at the Shelter for Women late Tuesday night with another girl and hasn't been heard from since.

"She had only been there for six days," Hicks said, "and she doesn't know that area at all." The girl she left with is from Hartford and does know the area, she said. That girl had gone missing in the past but never for this long, Hicks said.

"I keep telling myself she is still alive," Hicks said. She hasn't been able to go to her job with the Department of Corrections since Katie went missing, she said. "I can just start crying in the middle of a prison," she said.

Katie was at Grey Lodge, a residential treatment center for adolescent girls ages 13 to 18, to get help for some problems, Hick said. "She said she was very happy there," she said. But the center has a policy of not locking the facility, she said, so the patients are free to come and go.

"Grey Lodge is not looking for her -- that is their policy," she said.

"Our facility is not a locked facility," said Margaret Mareff, executive director of the Women's Shelter. "If a child were to run as this child did, we cannot stop a child from doing that." The center is cooperating with both the Hartford Police Department and the state Department of Children and Families, Mareff said.

Katie, who will turn 15 at the end of the month, wanted the freedom every teenager longs for, Hicks said. "A lot of her issues are normal teenage things," she said. "It's a very confusing age and my daughter wants freedom with a capital F." Katie attended Anna LoPresti Elementary School, Seymour Middle School and Seymour High School. Hicks said she is hoping that some of her friends here might have heard from her.

It's torture not knowing where he daughter is, Hicks said. "She knows I will always stand up for her and be there for her," she said. "I just hope she's lying on the couch in someone's living room," Hicks said. "If I could just hear her voice, I'd be OK for another day." Anyone with any information about Katie Hicks can call Detective Ivys Arroya of the Hartford Police Department at (860) 757-4236.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

KATIE HICKS - 14 yo (2009) - Hartford CT Empty Re: KATIE HICKS - 14 yo (2009) - Hartford CT

Post by oviedo45 Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:17 pm

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/default/article/Police-family-seek-missing-teen-289.php

august 2009 no updates on missing teen katie hicks
oviedo45
oviedo45
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by oviedo45 Mon May 03, 2010 9:06 pm

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86631
oviedo45
oviedo45
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by oviedo45 Mon May 03, 2010 9:07 pm

http://www.greenwichtime.com/default/article/Police-family-seek-missing-teen-289.php
oviedo45
oviedo45
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by oviedo45 Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:58 pm

still no updates on katie hicks - moving to long term
oviedo45
oviedo45
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Fri May 16, 2014 3:04 pm

No updates found.

If you have any information about Katie please contact our forum.
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down