Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRAEDEN GARDNER - 5 yo - Sacramento CA

4 posters

Go down

BRAEDEN GARDNER - 5 yo - Sacramento CA Empty BRAEDEN GARDNER - 5 yo - Sacramento CA

Post by TomTerrific0420 Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:37 am

A Sacramento woman and her boyfriend were arrested Tuesday in connection with the death of the woman's 5-year-old son.

Eduardo Zamora, 31, was charged with the murder of Braeden James Gardner, according to the Sacramento County Sheriff'sBRAEDEN GARDNER - 5 yo - Sacramento CA Mag-glass_10x10 Department.

Gardner died on June 17 at UC Davis Medical
Center. Sheriff's department spokesman Sgt. Tim Curran said doctors
found extensive bruises on the boy and feces in his mouth.

Upon further investigation, detectives with
the department's Child Abuse Bureau concluded that the Gardner's
mother, Amber Christine Ingram, 25, was also responsible for her son's
death.

"Detectives believe that she was responsible for allowing the child to be placed in a situation that
endangered his life," Curran said.

Officers arrested Ingram at her job Tuesday afternoon on suspicion of endangering the life or health of a child.
She was being held on $100,000 bail at Sacramento County Jail.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

BRAEDEN GARDNER - 5 yo - Sacramento CA Empty Re: BRAEDEN GARDNER - 5 yo - Sacramento CA

Post by TomTerrific0420 Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:36 pm

Sacramento County sheriff's officials have arrested a 25-year-old
woman in connection with the death of her 5-year-old boy.
BRAEDEN GARDNER - 5 yo - Sacramento CA 146-3M5AMBER.highlight.prod_affiliate.4
According to online jail records, Amber Christine Ingram was arrested Tuesday on a charge of endangering the life or health of a child.Braeden James Gardner, Ingram's child, died June 17 at UC Davis Medical Center.
He was severely bruised, with sores on his face and suspected internal
injuries, according to court documents. Doctors also found feces in his
mouth.

Authorities arrested Ingram's live-in
boyfriend, 31-year-old Eduardo Zamora Jr., June 18 on suspicion of
murder and assault resulting in the death of a child under 8.In a request for an arrest warrant for Zamora, Detective Tom Koontz wrote that Zamora had spanked Braeden after the boy apparently defecated in his pants.Zamora said that he may have hit the boy too hard because he had been frustrated with him, according to the document filed in Sacramento Superior Court.Court documents on Ingram were not yet available Tuesday afternoon.Initially, authorities did not believe that Ingram was a suspect, but that changed with further investigation, said Sgt. Tim Curran, department spokesman."Detectives
believe that she was responsible for allowing the child to be placed in
a situation that endangered his life," Curran said.Ingram is being held on $100,000 bail at the Sacramento County Main Jail and is scheduled to be arraigned at 1:30 p.m. Thursday.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

BRAEDEN GARDNER - 5 yo - Sacramento CA Empty More details of abuse emerge

Post by TomTerrific0420 Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:36 pm

Amber Ingram told authorities she saw bruising on her 5-year-old son, and that she knew her live-in boyfriend, Eduardo Zamora Jr., was hitting the boy with his hand and belt.According to Sacramento Superior Court documents, Ingram told Zamora to stop, and threatened to leave, but it was too late for little Braeden James Gardner.The boy died in June with suspected internal injuries, and doctors found feces in his mouth, other court documents stated.

Zamora, 31, was arrested June 18, a day after the boy died at UC Davis
Medical Center, and was charged with the child's murder. Ingram, 25,
was arraigned Thursday on a felony charge of endangering the life or
health of a child."I
never told my family or friends what was happening to my son," Ingram
told a Sacramento County sheriff's detective, according to a request
for an arrest warrant filed in court. "I was ashamed that I was letting
that happen to him and then I didn't do a thing about it, and that I
didn't leave."Ingram declined an interview with The Bee on Tuesday.In
court documents, Ingram – who separated in January from her husband,
who is not Braeden's biological father – told detectives that she
started living with Zamora in March. The couple lived in a Rosemont
duplex.Braeden was in day care until Zamora was laid off in
April as a driver at Allied Waste, where Ingram said she has worked for
almost four years."Eduardo got laid off and didn't want to pay for day care," Ingram told detectives.The "discipline" started about two weeks after Zamora started watching Braeden when Ingram went to work, she said."The
first time Eduardo spanked him with a belt was when Braeden lied to
him," Ingram said. "Eduardo would say this is how Mexican fathers deal
with their kids that lie."Ingram said Zamora later "felt bad about it," cut up his belt and threw it away, but then got another one.Ingram
said she wasn't present when Zamora spanked her child, but Zamora would
tell her about it. She also saw, at least on one occasion, a red mark
on Braeden's back and his buttocks, she said. Two days before Braeden's
death, she saw injuries on his back, his legs and "pretty much
everywhere," she said in court documents."When I would see the
injuries I would hug him and hold him and make sure that he was OK and
I would see the hurting and I would give him ice packs," Ingram said.
"He would say I love you and thank you and good night."Braeden never told her Zamora was hurting him, Ingram said in her statement.The
day Braeden died, June 17, Ingram said Zamora called her at work in the
morning to say that Braeden had defecated in his pants. Ingram told
Zamora to put Braeden in his room and put a movie on and she would
clean the mess when she got home.Zamora then sent Ingram a picture of feces on the wall to Ingram's cell phone, she told detectives.Ingram said she wanted to leave Zamora and had called a friend to say she wanted to move in with her."I
never left because I was scared for me and Braeden," Ingram said. "He
said if I was ever (sic) left him or cheated on him, he'd kill me."Braeden's
death is the latest case in the past year and a half in which
authorities have charged the mother with child endangerment. In these
cases, the mothers left their children with boyfriends who are not the
children's fathers.Valeeya Brazile, 3, died Feb. 5, 2008, from
being beaten. Jahmaurae Allen, 4, died July 21, 2008, after being
punched in the stomach and smashed against the wall for urinating in
his diaper. Manuel Maciel, 3, suffered major head trauma and died Nov.
9, 2008.Mothers of the children – Mia Holmes, Tiffany Lacy and Rosalie Uribe – have been charged with child endangerment.Holmes
and Lacy denied in court documents knowing that anything was amiss, and
records showed that both mothers tried to conceal from Sacramento
County's Child Protective Services the presence of their boyfriends and
the baby-sitting arrangements.Sacramento police alleged that Uribe left her children at home with her boyfriend knowing he was physically abusive.Sgt.
Tim Curran of the Sacramento County Sheriff's Department said no CPS
reports had been filed regarding Braeden and his mother.One
study published in the journal Pediatrics found that young children who
live in households with adults not related to them are nearly 50 times
as likely to die from maltreatment as children living with two
biological parents."The boyfriends are interested in having a
relationship with the women," said Dr. Bernard Ewigman, senior author
of the November 2005 study and professor of family medicine at the
University of Chicago-NorthShore University HealthSystem. "They are
neither prepared nor committed to the role of being parents."In
many cases, the men do not intend to hurt the child, Ewigman said, but
their threshold for tolerating the child's misdeeds is low compared
with someone who is committed to the child."Out of anger and ineffective discipline technique, they end up hurting or killing the child," Ewigman said.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

BRAEDEN GARDNER - 5 yo - Sacramento CA Empty TORTURE JOINS LIST OF CHARGES

Post by kath Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:41 pm

Torture joins list of charges in Rosemont-area boy's killing

By Andy Furillo and Kim Minugh
afurillo@sacbee.com
Published: Wednesday, Jan. 6, 2010 - 12:00 am | Page 4B
Last Modified: Wednesday, Jan. 6, 2010 - 8:02 am

The 5-year-old boy's dead body had been battered, bruised and beaten, maybe even bitten. The coroner's report listed his cause of death as the standard "multiple blunt force injuries," and the prosecutor said in a sworn statement that they were found "all over his body, both external and internal, including multiple fractures."

But that barely covered the reality of the brutality, according to the affidavit filed in Sacramento Superior Court on Tuesday.

"The only area of the child's body not diagramed with injuries," said the sworn statement from Deputy District Attorney Dawn Bladet, "are the palms of his hands."

Due to the extent of the injuries suffered by Braeden James Gardner, prosecutors on Tuesday added the special circumstance allegation of torture to the murder charges that had already been lodged against defendant Eduardo Zamora.

The allegation could result in the death penalty against the 31-year-old Zamora if he is convicted in the June 17 killing of the victim identified in court papers only as "Braeden G." Bladet said in court that her office hasn't decided whether to pursue capital punishment in the case.

Investigators contend the boy's fatal beating was prompted by his going to the bathroom in his pants.

In an amended complaint filed Tuesday, the District Attorney's Office also upgraded the charges against the boy's biological mother, Amber Christine Ingram, 25. Previously, Ingram had been facing only child endangerment charges. She now is accused of murder, although she was not named in the special-circumstance torture allegation.

Zamora and Ingram had been scheduled for a preliminary hearing Tuesday, but Judge Marjorie Koller put the case over until prosecutors make their death penalty decision.

Bladet's statements on Braeden's injuries came in a declaration in support of her motion – granted by the judge – to obtain DNA samples and dental impressions from Zamora and Ingram.

Bite marks were discovered on the boy's thighs, Bladet said in the declaration.

"The identity of the individual who inflicted the bite wounds may be determined if the forensic odontologist is able to do a comparison to the wounds and the known impressions of each of the suspects," Bladet said in her declaration.

The prosecutor said the "unique shape" of some of Braeden's injuries "may be consistent with sex toys and other toys found in the couple's home."

No sexual assault charges, however, are included in the new complaint.

Ingram's attorney, Assistant Public Defender Michael Nelson, said he was disappointed that prosecutors filed the murder charge against his client. Nelson blamed Zamora for the death, and the lawyer said he will produce witnesses to testify to that effect when the case goes to trial. One of them, he said, could be Ingram.
"The acts that led to Braeden's death occurred when she was at work and she did everything she could think of to stop him and was in the process of moving out," Nelson said.

Zamora's lawyer, Greg Foster, said that Bladet's declaration "as far as I know is not factually accurate." Nelson said there is no proof that the wounds on the boy's thighs resulted from bites.
As for the torture allegation, "We'll see what happens at trial," Foster said.

Sacramento County Sheriff's Detective Tom Koontz, a six-year veteran in investigating child abuse, said in an interview that the Braeden case is "probably the worst one I've seen."

"It's just amazing that all those injuries were there – and nobody said or did anything about it," he said.
Slideshow

Eduardo Zamora
Popular Comment
They should put him in the general population at CSP Sac (Folsom Level 4 Prison) and let the other inmates know what he is in there for. Having worked in the prison, I have learned that it is unanimous among all nationalities in prison that prisoners convicted of child abuse/murder and child rape are not popular among the other inmates.

kath
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Job/hobbies : Yardwork, plants, garden

Back to top Go down

BRAEDEN GARDNER - 5 yo - Sacramento CA Empty Re: BRAEDEN GARDNER - 5 yo - Sacramento CA

Post by kiwimom Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:02 pm

"The boyfriends are interested in having a
relationship with the women," said Dr. Bernard Ewigman, senior author
of the November 2005 study and professor of family medicine at the
University of Chicago-NorthShore University HealthSystem. "They are
neither prepared nor committed to the role of being parents."In
many cases, the men do not intend to hurt the child, Ewigman said, but
their threshold for tolerating the child's misdeeds is low compared
with
someone who is committed to the child."Out of anger and ineffective
discipline technique, they end up hurting or killing the child," Ewigman
said.
BRAEDEN GARDNER - 5 yo - Sacramento CA 533396 Thank you thank you Dr Ewigman. This is what needs to be talked about and this is what young single mothers need to know!!!!!!! They need to to stop using their boyfriends as caregivers. send them to daycare and tell him to get a FF job.
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:57 am

Two Sacramento Superior Court juries today convicted Eduardo Zamora and Amber Ingram of murder in last year's child-abuse death of her 5-year-old son, Braeden James Gardner.Zamora's jury found him guilty of first-degree murder and separate counts of child abuse and torture. The 32-year-old defendant is facing a prison term of 50 years to life in prison. Judge Michael P. Kenny scheduled Zamora's scheduling for Jan. 14.Ingram's panel convicted her of second-degree murder and a separate count of child endangerment by leaving her son in Zamora's care. Ingram, 26, faces a 15-to-life term.Sheriff's investigators, prosecutors, emergency room doctors and the deputy coroner who conducted the autopsy on Braeden's body that had been bruised from his forehead to his feet said it was one of the worst cases of child abuse they had ever seen.Paramedics were called to the couple's Rosemont home June 17, 2009, and found the boy's lifeless body."Everyday, we think about Braeden - every day," said Marletta Stein, 27, a member of the Ingram jury. "This has consumed our lives. It'd definitely changed my way of thinking...The thought of somebody doing that to him makes me so sick inside."Even though Stein sat on the Ingram jury, she said that it was difficult sitting in the same room with the man who was accused of inflicting the fatal injuries on the boy."Every day we sat in that courtroom and had to look at it, and he was sick - it was sick," she said.Prosecutors said in the case that Ingram knew of the abuse that Zamora was inflicting on her son but that she failed to act to prevent the danger that took his life."I think for anybody in that situation, always put your kids first," Stein said. "Don't ever put them last, and that's what she did."
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:29 pm

Two jurors who convicted Amber Ingram of murder Monday offered some advice to other love-struck single moms or dads who have hooked up with someone who might harm their kids. "She was afraid to notify anyone or take the kid to police or CPS because she was afraid they'd take the kid away from her, which was probably true," juror Greg Weeks said after his jury convicted Ingram of second-degree murder."But what would you rather have? Lose your child for a few days or weeks, or have a dead child and never see him again?" Ingram, 26, was convicted on grounds that she failed to protect her son, Braeden James Gardner, 5. Her lack of action, the jury found, aided and abetted her boyfriend, Eduardo Zamora Jr., 32, who was convicted by a separate jury Monday of torture and murder in Braeden's killing.Sheriff's investigators, prosecutors, emergency room doctors and the deputy coroner who conducted the autopsy on Braeden's badly beaten body said it was one of the worst cases of child abuse they had ever seen. "For anybody in that situation, always put your kids first," said Marletta Stein, another Ingram juror. "Don't ever, ever, ever put your kids last. And that's what she did, for the love of this guy."Braeden suffered more than 100 separate injuries at the hands of Zamora, Deputy District Attorney Dawn Bladet said. They included a broken clavicle from having his arm twisted behind his back. He also was burned by a water pipe, Bladet said, and suffered major internal injuries to his kidney, stomach lining, lungs and heart that were reflected by deep-purple bruises."What happened to Braeden and how he suffered and died will haunt many of us in the law enforcement community," Bladet said in a written statement. "My heart goes out to our jurors as well, as I can only imagine how the facts of this case and those autopsy photos of Braeden will haunt each of them." Two deputies shielded Zamora and then Ingram when the defendants were brought into court separately for the verdicts. Zamora leaned his head back when the court clerk announced his conviction, while Ingram dabbed her eyes with a tissue.Several friends and relatives of Ingram wept and hugged, but none of them agreed to be interviewed. Two of Zamora's relatives also declined to talk about the case.Braeden's grandmother, Lynnett Tazer, said she and her son – the boy's biological father – hadn't seen him since he was 3, "when Amber took him away from his father and all of us and didn't allow us to visit him or anything.""Now she has to pay the price for the judgments she made," Tazer said. Zamora, Tazer said, "is an animal." What he did to Braeden "gave us all nightmares," she said."Every day that we saw him in that courtroom, he was sick – it was sick," juror Stein said in her interview. "How could you do that to a child, as big as you are (5-foot-10, in excess of 220 pounds) and as little as Braeden was? He's a sick individual."Jurors on the Zamora case said they quickly reached their decision but that they spent extra time to go over the details. Three of them said they probably would have convicted him anyway but that Zamora's testimony – filled with failed memory and what the jurors described as obvious lies – made it easier for them to determine his guilt."That cemented it," said one juror who gave her name only as Roxanne.Zamora's lawyer, Greg Foster, could not be reached for comment after the verdict. He argued that Braeden might have died from an overdose of the medication he was taking for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and that the injuries, while brutal, were not necessarily fatal.Besides murder and torture, jurors convicted Zamora of child abuse resulting in death. Bladet, the deputy DA, said Zamora faces a term of 50 years to life.Mike Nelson, the assistant public defender who represented Ingram, said he was "disappointed in the result." Nelson had argued that Ingram confronted Zamora about her son's injuries and had sought to take her boy to a psychiatrist but that on the morning of his death the boyfriend went "psycho.""I believe they didn't understand the law on murder," Nelson said of the jury. "I just believe they reached the wrong decision with respect to Miss Ingram."Along with second-degree murder, Ingram's jury also convicted her of a separate count of child endangerment for leaving her son with Zamora. Bladet said Ingram is facing a probable 15-to-life term.Judge Michael P. Kenny scheduled the sentencing for Jan. 14.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaid55 Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:22 pm

Braeden Gardner

Died: June 17, 2009

The case: The boy was whipped, burned, beaten and tortured to death by his mother's unemployed live-in boyfriend, Eduardo Zamora Jr. Zamora was convicted and sentenced this year to 32 years to life in prison. Braeden's mother, Amber Ingram, was convicted of second-degree murder and sentenced to 15 years to life.

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2011/10/14/3979532/sacramento-county-child-torture.html#ixzz1alJUgRYc
mermaid55
mermaid55

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down