Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IZABELLA FIELDS - 4 months - Columbus OH

2 posters

Go down

IZABELLA FIELDS - 4 months - Columbus OH Empty IZABELLA FIELDS - 4 months - Columbus OH

Post by TomTerrific0420 Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:57 pm

A North Side man was arrested in Knox County yesterday and charged with the murder of a
4-month-old child in Columbus last month.
IZABELLA FIELDS - 4 months - Columbus OH Davidsonx200
Richard Davidson, 25, caused head trauma that killed Izabella Fields, Columbus homicide
detective Anne Pennington said.
Medics were called to 2691 Snyder Court on the North Side on July 28 on a report that the child
wasn't breathing. She died the next day at Nationwide Children's Hospital.
An autopsy found that Izabella had severe brain injuries and retinal hemorrhaging that could
have been caused by shaking, Pennington said.
At the request of Columbus police, Knox County deputies arrested Davidson at a friend's house.
He is charged with murder and felonious assault.
Pennington said he was taking care of the child at the time medics were called.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

IZABELLA FIELDS - 4 months - Columbus OH Empty Re: IZABELLA FIELDS - 4 months - Columbus OH

Post by TomTerrific0420 Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:47 pm

Crayon still covers the bedroom walls at 2691 Snyder Court, the only sign that three children
once played in the now-empty North Side apartment.
The 4-month-old, Izabella Fields, is dead. Two other children, a boy and a girl, are in foster
care.
Richard A. Davidson, 25, who watched Izabella while her mom, a family friend, was at work, was
charged Wednesday with murder and felonious assault in her death.
On July 28, medics were called to the apartment, where neighbors said Davidson lived with a
woman and the two other children, for an injured child. Izabella was taken to Nationwide Children's
Hospital. She died the next day of injuries that included brain damage and retinal
hemorrhaging.
The injuries were consistent with violent shaking, said Columbus homicide detective Anne
Pennington.
Davidson was picked up by deputy sheriffs Wednesday at a friend's house in Knox County. He had
moved out of the Snyder Court apartment after the death.
Neighbors said he appeared loving to all three children.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

IZABELLA FIELDS - 4 months - Columbus OH Empty Re: IZABELLA FIELDS - 4 months - Columbus OH

Post by oviedo45 Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:39 pm

Bond Set For Man Charged In 4-Month-Old's Death
Saturday, August 15, 2009 9:01 PM
COLUMBUS, Ohio — A judge on Saturday set bond at $250,000 for a central Ohio man accused of shaking a baby and causing her death.

Richard Davidson is charged with one count of murder and one count of felonious assault.

Police said that Davidson was babysitting 4-month-old Izabela Virginia last month when he shook her and caused her death.

The baby's cousin talked exclusively to 10TV News in the courtroom.

"I wanted to know what a 4-month-old did that was so wrong," Lindsey Scholz said. "She was beautiful."

The family has created a foundation in Izabela's honor to raise awareness for shaken baby syndrome.

Donations are being accepted at any Charter One Bank branch.

Davidson will be back in court again later this month.

Stay with 10TV News and 10TV.com for continuing coverage.
http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2009/08/15/story_davidson.html?sid=102
oviedo45
oviedo45
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by oviedo45 Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:41 pm

Baby Sitter Sentenced In Death Of 4-Month-Old
Tuesday, June 29, 2010 12:35 PM
Updated: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 1:28 PM
COLUMBUS, Ohio — A man on Tuesday was sentenced in the death of a 4-month-old baby.

Investigators said Izabella Fields suffered massive head and brain injuries at the hands of her baby sitter, Richard Davidson, 10TV's Patrick Bell reported.

"We saw her the night before crawling on the floor, happy, and smiling," said Fields' grandfather Tony Borer. "And the next day we see her, she's on life support."

In July 2009 Fields was taken to Nationwide Children's Hospital, where she died a few hours later of massive brain trauma, Bell reported.

"One of the neurosurgeons came out and told our family that the force that was used on baby Bella, at 4-months-old, was that of a school bus hitting her," said Field's aunt Debbie Hanson.

Detectives said Davidson, who was a family friend, caused the injuries.

Davidson pleaded guilty on Tuesday.

"I'd just like to say that I'm sorry for all the pain and suffering I caused," Davison said in court. "I truly am. I'm sorry to the family and I'm sorry for my family."

Franklin County Common Pleas Judge Julie Lynch said she did not feel sorry for Davidson, and sentenced him to 18 years in prison, Bell reported.

"I don't feel sorry for your tears," Lynch said. "I feel sorry for this little tiny, tiny baby that just wanted something. (She) didn't want to end up dead at the end of the day, just wanted something."

After Davidson is released from prison, he will remain on probation for an additional five years.

"It's a sense of relief, but at the same time it doesn't ease the loss that we all feel every day," Borer said.

Watch 10TV News HD and refresh 10TV.com for additional information.
http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2010/06/29/story-columbus-davidson-sentenced-death-4-month-old-girl.html
oviedo45
oviedo45
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down