Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Jane Doe" - 15 yo - Delaware County OK

Go down

"Jane Doe" - 15 yo - Delaware County OK Empty "Jane Doe" - 15 yo - Delaware County OK

Post by TomTerrific0420 Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:51 am

A former Delaware County pastor said he doesn’t know how his church found out about his relationship with a 15-year-old girl.

"There is a lot I wish I could say,” Joshua Spires, 28, of Odessa, Texas, said in a jailhouse interview. Wednesday "Sometimes I just sit back and say, ‘Who was that guy?’”Spires is facing 10 counts of lewd molestation. The acts sometimes were committed in his church office, according to police.Spires was noticeably uncomfortable when asked if he was conflicted when he preached on morality issues. "My goal is not to disgrace the church and not cause my family or the
other family any harm,” Spires said. "I wish it had never happened.”Spires appeared Wednesday in Delaware County District Court in Jay. Spires remains in jail on $100,000 bail. Bryce Lair, assistant district attorney, declined to discuss the details of the case, citing concern for the victim and her family. Church officials declined comment, other than to say Spires no longer is employed at the church.Spires declined to comment on questions about the allegations, saying he has not spoken to a lawyer.Spires said he is deeply remorseful for his wife and two children, a 7-year-old son and a daughter who turns 2 in November.He faces up to 200 years in prison if convicted.
According to an affidavit:

• The victim willingly participated in the relationship, which was carried on in his office at the First Baptist Church of Jay.
• Spires began to tell the victim he loved her when she was in the seventh grade and he was her youth pastor.
• The sexual relationship began in 2007 and lasted until Nov. 15, when the victim broke it off to date a high school senior.
• Spires told authorities he sent about 50 sexually explicit text messages to the victim.
• After the victim ended the relationship, Spires telephoned and
sent text messages threatening suicide if she did not reconsider the
relationship.
• "Spires stated that he had nothing since his wife, kids and
girlfriend all left him, and he didn’t like it” that the victim and her
boyfriend were happy.
• The victim and her mother reported the incidents to Jay police on Aug. 3.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down