Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Jane Doe" - 15 yo - Boise ID

Go down

"Jane Doe" - 15 yo - Boise ID Empty "Jane Doe" - 15 yo - Boise ID

Post by TomTerrific0420 Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:33 am

Poster's Note: I am watching this story because IMHO this poor guy got "railroaded" by a girl who lied about her age. It isn't always the guys fault. Should he have asked for her ID?

A local man's mother speaks after he is arrested and accused of kidnapping a 15-year-old girl he met on MySpace. Eighteen-year-old Misael Juarez of Oceano is in police custody in Idaho, facing one charge of second degree kidnapping. Police
say Juarez met the girl on MySpace earlier this summer and convinced
her to move into his home in Oceano. The girl was reported as a runaway
and found at Juarez's home on June 17. San Luis Obispo County
Sheriff's Deputies say Juarez had consensual sex with the girl before
he was arrested and extradited to Idaho. However Juarez's mother says he did nothing wrong because he did not know she was only 15 years old. It started as an encounter on the Internet and ended with an arrest on the 1900 block of Beach Street in Oceano. "They
had a warrant for his arrest and extradition from Idaho based on his
involvement with this 15-year-old girl that he had met over MySpace,"
said Commander Brian Hascall of the San Luis Obispo County Sheriff's
Department. Eighteen-year-old Misael Juarez is now charged with kidnapping in the second degree. According
to Idaho statute, the charge applies to anyone who "leads, takes,
entices away or detains a child under the age of 16 with intent to keep
or conceal it from its custodial parent, guardian or other person
having lawful care or control." Juarez's mother sees things differently. She insists the Boise girl lied about her age, telling them all she was also 18. "I know that my son did nothing wrong, and I am sad for him," Isidra Garcia said through tears. Juarez remains in custody in Idaho and the 15-year-old girl has also returned home. So as the case begins its journey in court, deputies say it is a sobering reminder that cyberspace is not always safe. "It's
still a good example of why people need to be so cautious about who
they're dealing with and what they're doing on the Internet," Hascall
said. If convicted, Juarez could serve between one and 25 years in Idaho state prison. Juarez appeared in court Thursday morning, a preliminary hearing is scheduled for September 17.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down