Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Jane" MAMINO - Newborn (11/2008)/ Charged: Mother; Elyse Mamino - Belleville IL

3 posters

Go down

"Jane" MAMINO - Newborn (11/2008)/ Charged: Mother; Elyse Mamino - Belleville IL Empty "Jane" MAMINO - Newborn (11/2008)/ Charged: Mother; Elyse Mamino - Belleville IL

Post by TomTerrific0420 Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:39 am

Mom Accused of Trying to Drown Baby in Toilet Fit to Stand Trial

Published September 17, 2009
Associated Press

A southwestern Illinois woman accused of trying to drown her newborn daughter in a toilet has been found mentally fit for trial. Prosecutors accuse 23-year-old Elyse Mamino of Belleville of trying to kill the baby in the bathroom of a Columbia home during a party last November. The baby was revived.

After Mamino's arrest, authorities said they found the remains of an infant in a dresser drawer in her basement. Investigators say that child was born in September 2007. No charges have been filed in that case.

On Wednesday, Mamino was found mentally fit to stand trial on attempted first-degree murder charges.

She has pleaded not guilty and remains jailed on $250,000 bond.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2009/09/17/mom-accused-trying-to-drown-baby-in-toilet-fit-to-stand-trial/
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

"Jane" MAMINO - Newborn (11/2008)/ Charged: Mother; Elyse Mamino - Belleville IL Empty Re: "Jane" MAMINO - Newborn (11/2008)/ Charged: Mother; Elyse Mamino - Belleville IL

Post by mom_in_il Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:11 pm

* Now charged: http://www.justice4caylee.org/t21365-unnamed-newborn-at-birth-2007-charged-mother-elyse-mamino-belleville-il#809482
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

"Jane" MAMINO - Newborn (11/2008)/ Charged: Mother; Elyse Mamino - Belleville IL Empty Re: "Jane" MAMINO - Newborn (11/2008)/ Charged: Mother; Elyse Mamino - Belleville IL

Post by twinkletoes Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:39 pm

UPDATED: Mom to spend 6 years in prison for trying to drown newborn
3:44 PM, Oct 9, 2009   
"Jane" MAMINO - Newborn (11/2008)/ Charged: Mother; Elyse Mamino - Belleville IL 090302025248_mamino_resized
Elyse Mamino

WATERLOO, Ill. (AP) -- A southwestern Illinois woman has been ordered to spend six years in prison after she admitted trying to drown her newborn daughter in a toilet during a family party. 

Twenty-four-year-old Elyse Mamino was sentenced Friday after pleading guilty but mentally ill to attempted first-degree murder
Prosecutors in Monroe County allege the Belleville woman tried to kill the baby last November in a Columbia home's bathroom. The baby survived. 

After Mamino's arrest, authorities found the remains of an infant in a dresser drawer in Mamino's basement. Investigators say that child was born in September 2007. No charges have been filed in that case. 

Mamino must serve 85 percent of her sentence before she becomes eligible for parole. She will get credit for the time she's spent in jail since her arrest. 

Columbia Police Chief Joseph Edwards issued the following statement following the guilty plea:
"I believe the guilty plea is a reflection of the hard work that Detective Sergeant Justin Barlow and Detective Karla Heine put into this case. There were a number of obstacles they were forced to overcome and they did so with the highest amount of integrity and professionalism. I want to thank the International Association of Chiefs of Police and Parade Magazine for recognizing Detective Sergeant Barlow and Detective Heine for their investigative work.

I truly hope that this case is an eye opener to the Director and supervisors at the Department of Children and Family Services. Marking cases unfounded and returning children who are at risk while law enforcement is conducting an ongoing investigation is not a good way to do business.

I have made arrangements to meet with the Director of DCFS to see if we can work together to do everything we can to protect the most innocent and helpless victims we have in the State, the children. Unfortunately, the Director, Mr. Erwin McEwen has failed to do this.

I hope Ms. Mamino gets the assistance she needs to come out of prison and become a productive citizen. I hope the victim in this case has no long term effects from the trauma she went through during her first minutes of life. I hope the Director of DCFS re-evaluates his departments investigative role in the cases they handle and work with law enforcement to help protect the children of this State. This case received national attention so I hope that something positive is able to come out of it. "

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/187031/0/UPDATED-Mom-to-spend-6-years-in-prison-for-trying-to-drown-newborn
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:03 pm

Mother who tried to drown baby in toilet charged in death of second child

Posted on: 2:26 pm, March 28, 2014
updated on: 02:32pm, March 28, 2014
by Joe Millitzer

BELLEVILLE, IL (KTVI) – A woman convicted of attempting to drown a baby in a toilet is now being charged for the murder of a second baby.

Elyse Mamino is currently serving six years for the attempted murder of her child in November 2008 in Columbia, IL. Mamino reportedly said she didn’t know she was pregnant when her child was reported to police as dead in a toilet. Police were able to immediately begin life saving resuscitation efforts. The living child is now in State care while Mamino sits in prison.

During the investigation, Columbia detectives learned that Mamino may have given birth to a baby in September 2007 in Belleville. Police found the bones of another infant in a basement where Mamino lived. According to a release from Belleville police, ” Detectives located the remains of a child in a plastic bag, wrapped in a towel, in a dresser drawer, in the basement of the residence during the execution of the warrant.”

Police say that the baby boy was born alive and died after being put in the plastic bag.

Belleville and Columbia police continued to investigate. New information in the case led Belleville authorities to recently charge Elyse Mamino with one count of first degree murder, and one count of concealment of a homicidal death. Mamino’s bond is set at $1,000,000.

She has been taken from prison in Lincoln, IL and is currently being held in the St. Clair County Jail.

http://fox2now.com/2014/03/28/mother-who-tried-to-drown-baby-in-toilet-of-second-child/charged-in-death-
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down