Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andrea Lyon - Links and Lecture Commentary

Go down

Andrea Lyon - Links and Lecture Commentary Empty Andrea Lyon - Links and Lecture Commentary

Post by hawaiicalls Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:48 pm

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Andrea Lyon is on Casey Anthony’s defense dream team and she's supposed to be the expert on the death penalty. Eyewitness News obtained an audio recording of Andrea Lyon bashing judges, female prosecutors, victim's advocates and even calling jurors “killers.” Lyon made the comments at a conference in Orlando (Listen: part 1 | part 2) before she joined Casey's defense team.

Casey's lawyer Jose Baez wasn't qualified to handle a death penalty case himself, so he hired Andrea Lyon, a Chicago death penalty expert who calls herself a “pioneer in the field.” Andrea Lyon also calls herself a “genius, legendary” and says her intelligence is superior to jurors’ intelligence.

CLICK HERE PART 1

CLICK HERE PART 2

In the audiotape that Eyewitness News obtained of Andrea Lyon lecturing local lawyers in 2008, she bragged about being thrown out of courtrooms. Lyon said judges are only worried about voters and called them “ugly.”

“Sometimes ugly is presiding. Or do you have great judges in Florida?” Lyon questioned in the recording.

Also on the tape, Lyon called jurors, “killers.”

“You can give the killers on your jury, and there are some, the ammunition they need to go after people,” Lyons said.

She called victims' advocates awful, and worse, for interfering with her efforts to make inroads with a murder victim's relative.

“They figured out I was talking to her and that my client's mother was talking to her and they didn't like that so they sent one of these victim witness’ little b**ches up there,” she said.

Lyon also made a very crude comment about female prosecutors and their femininity, after calling them uncivilized.

“You know they all wear those little ties and have strap*** at home, whatever,” Lyon said. “I actually will take them aside and say, ‘I'm one of the pioneers and you're embarrassing me by your behavior.’”

She described one of her former jurors as a mean librarian and an elderly juror as a "blue hair."

WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer calls her comments outrageous.

“It's certainly not something that a true professional whether you're defense or prosecutor really tries to do,” Sheaffer said.

Lyon’s lecture last year could shed light on how she will approach Casey Anthony's death penalty case. She tells lawyers to get emotional to make jurors feel guilty and to make up theories.

Bill Sheaffer
TALKS ABOUT IT HERE

Lyon's comments recorded CLICK HERE
hawaiicalls
hawaiicalls
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Swimming with sharks

Back to top Go down