Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HALEIGH MARIE CAIN - 2 yo - (2008) - Lynn Haven FL

3 posters

Go down

HALEIGH MARIE CAIN - 2 yo - (2008) -  Lynn Haven FL Empty HALEIGH MARIE CAIN - 2 yo - (2008) - Lynn Haven FL

Post by Joanie Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:22 am

Poster's Note: I tried to format it the way tom does. maybe he can let me know if I'm doing this right or if I put stuff in the wrong forum?

This case broke my heart, first some background copied from my page for Haleigh
HALEIGH MARIE CAIN - 2 yo - (2008) -  Lynn Haven FL Haleymarie
Haleigh was born in Florida, she was a sweet little girl, always laughing and giggling. Her favorite book was Humpty-Dumpty. She loved to watch Elmo on TV. She like to be near her grandpa when he worked in the garage, she would sit out there with him and pound away on her little toy workbench. She liked to sneak into the fridge and eat apples, her favorite fruit. After having a little nibble, she would put the apple back. She had a beautiful smile and a mischievous sparkle in her eyes. Little Haleigh was just 2-years-old when she was brutally and savagely beaten to death. She was killed because she wanted some juice and cookies.

On the 7th December, Haleigh went with her family to a bonfire, after returning home, over tired, Haleigh was put to bed. Her mother, Jessica Krusl and her mother's partner, Dennis Creamer also retired for the night. Haleigh, however over excited and over tired climbed out of her bed in her pj's, went to the kitchen to get some thing to drink and some cookies. But this woke her mommy's boyfriend who was already intoxicated from the gathering. He saw Haleigh in the kitchen and kicked her in the stomach, threw her to the floor and slammed her head into the wall, Autopsy results show she suffered a lacerated liver, ruptured spleen, broken ribs, and her teeth came through her tiny lips. After he finished beating her, he placed her back into her bed and went to sleep himself!

Half way through the night, in agony Haleigh tried to make her way to her mother room, presumably to ask for help, when she collapsed and died!

Creamer was charged with the murder and is currently awaiting trial in Florida.

Creamer’s trial begins February 22nd 2010. He faces murder charges, as well as aggravated child abuse.
It could constitute the death penalty

02/11/10 - 05:31 PM

Bay County, Fla:

The right to remain silent may be the difference of life or death for Dennis “PeeWee” Creamer. According to Judge Dedee Costello, Miranda Rights protect his recorded confession and re-enactment of 2-year-old Haleigh Cain’s murder.

“I don’t think the law says that they can try to pull fast ones and i think unfortunately that’s what they were doing,” said Costello.

Bay County investigators argue they wanted the truth and initially read Creamer his rights.

“At the time that it was going on, I don’t even remember him mentioning a lawyer,” said BSCO Investigator, Captain Jimmy Stanford.

Records indicate that during interrogation, Creamer asked to be left alone.

“He was unhappy with me and did not want to speak with me again,” said Stanford.

Later, other investigators brought in photos of the dead child and Creamer told his story.

“He told me that he was going to tell his story to me, and me only and that he was only going to tell it one time, and we began to go through what happened,” said detective, Jayson Deese.

Truth or not, a jury can never see the re-enactment or hear what was said.

“Once he invoked his right to remain silent, they should not initiate the conversation,” said Costello.

But, if walls could talk the prosecution believes they’d speak clearly.

“What we expect the evidence will be is that he hit the child, he kicked the child, he repeatedly smashed the child’s head down into the carpet as well as on two occasions smashed her head into the wall of her bedroom,” said Prosecutor, Larry Basford.

Creamer’s trial begins February 22nd. He faces murder charges, as well as aggravated child abuse. It could constitute the death penalty.

02/17/10 - 04:08 PM

Dennis “Pee-Wee” Creamer will soon go to trial for murdering his girlfriend’s 2-year old daughter. His lawyers argued Wednesday a jury is too emotional to decide his punishment.

“There are issues that are better left to juries and there are issues better left with judges,” said one of Creamer’s attorneys, Walter Smith.

Creamer is charged with first degree murder and aggravated child abuse. In December 2008, police say he admitted to severely beating Hailey Cain, 2, and putting her to bed with no medical attention. Her mother found her in dead in the morning.

Judge Dedee Costello granted the motion, explaining to Creamer that if convicted, she alone will decide whether or not he gets the death penalty.

“You can’t complain if you don’t like the sentence you receive if you’re found guilty,” Judge Costello explained.

She asked him over and over, if this is what he wanted or what his lawyers wanted.

“Again has anybody threatened you to get you to do this? Has anyone told you you’re better off this way?,” she asked.

Each time he answered no.

Smith says the victim’s young age is one of the reasons for filing the motion.

“Under the law the age of the victim is irrelevant. The judge can set aside those feelings and apply the law to the facts, whereas a juror is going to be compromised.

He says it also changes jury selection. They will no longer ask jurors they’re opinion on the death penalty. Not only does it shorten the process, but Smith feels it gives them the opportunity to get more defense oriented jurors.

“Many jurors are automatically excluded if they say I don’t like the death penalty. That might be good juror to listen to the facts of the case,” said Smith.

A taped video confession was suppressed last week citing that Creamer wasn’t read his Miranda Rights. Another audio confession has surfaced. Creamer’s lawyers say they’ll also file a motion to suppress it sometime this week.

This isn’t the first time Smith has used this tactic. He also used in the Marianna quadruple murder trial.

The jury selection will start Monday and the trial is expected to last until Friday.
“There are issues that are better left to juries and there are issues better left with judges,” said one of Creamer’s attorneys, Walter Smith.

Creamer is charged with first degree murder and aggravated child abuse. In December 2008, police say he admitted to severely beating Hailey Cain, 2, and putting her to bed with no medical attention. Her mother found her in dead in the morning.

Judge Dedee Costello granted the motion, explaining to Creamer that if convicted, she alone will decide whether or not he gets the death penalty.

“You can’t complain if you don’t like the sentence you receive if you’re found guilty,” Judge Costello explained.

She asked him over and over, if this is what he wanted or what his lawyers wanted.

“Again has anybody threatened you to get you to do this? Has anyone told you you’re better off this way?,” she asked.

“Under the law the age of the victim is irrelevant. The judge can set aside those feelings and apply the law to the facts, whereas a juror is going to be compromised.

He says it also changes jury selection. They will no longer ask jurors they’re opinion on the death penalty. Not only does it shorten the process, but Smith feels it gives them the opportunity to get more defense oriented jurors.

“Many jurors are automatically excluded if they say I don’t like the death penalty. That might be good juror to listen to the facts of the case,” said Smith.

A taped video confession was suppressed last week citing that Creamer wasn’t read his Miranda Rights. Another audio confession has surfaced. Creamer’s lawyers say they’ll also file a motion to suppress it sometime this week.

This isn’t the first time Smith has used this tactic. He also used in the Marianna quadruple murder trial.

The jury selection will start Monday and the trial is expected to last until Friday.
Joanie
Joanie
Serial Blogger
Serial Blogger

Job/hobbies : Mom against child abuse

Back to top Go down

HALEIGH MARIE CAIN - 2 yo - (2008) -  Lynn Haven FL Empty Re: HALEIGH MARIE CAIN - 2 yo - (2008) - Lynn Haven FL

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:23 pm

You did a great job Joanie! HALEIGH MARIE CAIN - 2 yo - (2008) -  Lynn Haven FL 680279 I just fine tuned a few things. Nothing major. Love your touching HALEIGH MARIE CAIN - 2 yo - (2008) -  Lynn Haven FL 380822 tribute.
When I get a spare moment I'll jump over to your site and check it out! Thanks! HALEIGH MARIE CAIN - 2 yo - (2008) -  Lynn Haven FL 325898
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

HALEIGH MARIE CAIN - 2 yo - (2008) -  Lynn Haven FL Empty Re: HALEIGH MARIE CAIN - 2 yo - (2008) - Lynn Haven FL

Post by TomTerrific0420 Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:53 pm

Prosecutors say 26-year-old Dennis "Peewee" Creamer brutally killed his girlfriend's daughter in December 2008.
"A baby, just barely two-years-old, is no longer here," said assistant state attorney Larry Basford.
Authorities contend Creamer kicked and beat two-year-old Haleigh Marie Cain to
death. In opening arguments Tuesday, the state laid out its case.
"This was not a natural death, this did not appear to be an accidental death.
It looked like this child had been beaten," Basford told the jury.
But, Creamer's defense attorney, Kim Dowgul, told the jury Haleigh's mother,
20-year-old Jessica Krsul, is responsible: "Being a young mother,
frustrated and tired, been partying all night, unleashed her anger on
her own child."
Attorneys say Creamer and Krsul brought the toddler to a bonfire party in Bayou
George on the night of Haleigh's death. On the witness stand Tuesday,
Krsul admitted to excessive drinking and has trouble remembering some
of the night's events. "I don't remember getting home," she said.
The next morning, Krsul says she found Haleigh face down on the floor in the girl's bedroom.
"I knew she was dead," said Krsul.
"How did you know she was dead?" asked Basford.
"I don't know. I've never seen anything like it in my whole entire life," Krsul replied.
Prosecutors say Creamer's story to neighbors and law enforcement changed multiple
times. The state says Creamer even admitted he accidentally killed
Haleigh.
But, his attorney says he lied for a reason: "He lied out of a deep and almost
all-consuming love for one girl, Jessica Krsul, the mother of this
child."
Wednesday, the state plans to play that tape recording where Creamer admits to accidentally killing the child.
Last week, Judge Dedee Costello allowed it to be submitted as evidence. But,
she threw out another tape where Creamer allegedly confessed to beating
Haleigh because she found authorities violated his rights.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:10 pm

Dennis Peewee Creamer is
accused of beating his girlfriend's daughter, two-year-old Haleigh
Marie Cain, to death in December 2008.
Thursday, jurors heard a taped confession and watched a video re-enactment where
Creamer says he accidentally killed the toddler. He used a doll to show
Haleigh fell over his shoulder when he was carrying her up the stairs
of their Lynn Haven mobile home.
took investigators into the bedroom, saying she hit her head multiple
times and he fell on top of her. But, he denies ever beating Haleigh.
The Medical Examiner testified that video can't be accurate, especially
given that Haleigh sustained about eleven injuries to her head.
Creamer told investigators, "I opened the door and I was drunk. I fell on top of her."
"You're simply not going to get that distribution of injuries from a fall, even
a fall that you saw in that videotape," said Medical Examiner Dr.
Michael Hunter.
The defense began presenting its case late Thursday afternoon. The jury
should get the case Friday. If convicted, Creamer could face the death
penalty.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:40 pm

Bay County- It's difficult to
be a juror on any murder case, but when a child is the victim, it's
extremely tough. On Friday a local jury wrapped-up 4-days of graphic
testimony and evidence, including crime scene and autopsy photos, and a
controversial video taped re-enactment of the defendant's version of
the death.
They finally reached a decision on Friday night. The jury deliberated for 7-hours
this afternoon and into the evening, coming back several times to asked
questions and review some of the evidence. They had to be certain,
beyond a shadow of a doubt, that 26-year-old Dennis PeeWee Creamer
killed his girlfriend's 2-year-old daughter Haleigh Marie Cain, at
their Lynn Haven mobile home in December 2008.

A little after 8:00pm Friday, they delivered a verdict. They found him
guilty as charged of first degree felony murder and guilty of
aggravated child abuse
. As the verdict was read, Haleigh Marie's
mother, 20-year-old Jessica Krsul and her family were extremely
emotional. Creamer, on the other hand, showed no emotion.
Jurors believed the state's assertions that Creamer beat Haleigh to death on
the night of December 6th 2008 after he, Haleigh and Krsul attended a
bonfire party in Bayou George. Both Creamer and Krsul admitted to
drinking heavily that night. During a video taped re-enactment made by
Bay County Sheriff's investigators, Creamer claimed he dropped Haleigh
over his should and down the front steps of the mobile home. He also
claimed he stumbled and fell on-top of the child as he was putting her
to bed.
The defense also tried to create doubt in jurors minds, saying a drunken Krsul may have
been responsible for the death, beating Haleigh for crying. During
closing arguments, the prosecutor told jurors Haleigh began crying
while Creamer and Krsul were having sex, and Creamer beat the toddler
for interrupting them. Jurors broke deliberations before 6:00 pm,
asking to hear a taped reading of Creamer's pre-interview and a taped
confession a second time. Apparently they heard what they needed to
come back with the guilty verdict.
After the trial, Haleigh's grandmother, who was still
emotional. said, "We would really just like to be left alone tonight. It's
been a long day. We want to just be together so we can remember
Haleigh. We can talk to everybody tomorrow but tonight is family," said
Carla Krsul.
Creamer will be back in court Monday for the sentencing phase of this trial. Last week
Judge Dedee Costello granted a defense motion, asking her, and not the
jury, to decide Creamer's punishment if he was found guilty. So it will
be Judge Costello who will decide if Creamer goes to prison for life,
or faces the death penalty. Jessica Krsul
off camera said she was not surprised by the verdict. When asked
if justice was served she said "when he gets the death penalty."
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanie Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:48 pm

Tom thank you soo much for keeping a eye on this case, I have had a hectic week, 2 babies born to my family in a 4 day time span! they are such a blessing and why these cases piss me off so badly!!

I feel bad I missed this and am so grateful for your update! (compliment too!)

Haleigh's mom started taking classes in law so she can try to help other children like her own in the future. I'm proud of her.

I'm glad of the verdict and that they did play the video after all! wow, just wow
Joanie
Joanie
Serial Blogger
Serial Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanie Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:03 am

I had to read a little more throughly, they showed one video but not the video where he reenacted kicking the baby to death.

Video re-enactment played for Creamer jury
Creamer, who is now charged with felony first-degree murder in the December 2008 slaying of 2-year-old Haleigh Marie Cain, held the doll on his right shoulder. At the prompting of Bay County Sheriff’s Capt. Jimmy Stanford and the baby’s mother, Jessica Krsul, Creamer showed them what he allegedly did to Haleigh.

He threw the doll off his shoulder and it fell to the ground.

Later, he said that, as he carried Haleigh into her bedroom, he accidently hit the baby’s head on a door, dropped her again off his shoulder and fell on her.

Jurors will not see a second video in which Creamer said he beat and kicked the baby to death. Circuit Judge Dedee Costello previously ruled that investigators violated Creamer’s right to remain silent when they convinced him to film the second re-enactment.

Krsul looked pale in the video, smoked a cigarette and rocked back and forth continuously. At one point, Creamer begins to have an emotional reaction and Krsul stopped him.

“Don’t do that,” she said. Then, a little later, she urged him to keep telling the investigators what happened.

“There’s more. I need you to tell us,” Krsul said. “I want you to tell him what the (expletive) happened.”

During interviews with investigators, Creamer often cried, squealed and wailed. Then he would snap out of it quickly and talk in a normal voice, investigators said. However, during her cross examination of Stanford, Dowgul also pointed out Krsul’s behavior.

Krsul’s emotional reaction was “not in the norm,” Stanford said. “She was not very emotional.”

Dowgul has been trying to convince the jury that it was Krsul, not Creamer, who beat Haleigh to death. Dowgul suggested that Krsul got in a fight with Creamer, then went into Haleigh’s room and abused her. Creamer actually stopped the attack, Dowgul said, in her cross examination of Krsul earlier this week. Dowgul explains away his two confessions by saying that Creamer lied to protect a woman he deeply loved.

shitty tactics but glad a jury seen through it
Joanie
Joanie
Serial Blogger
Serial Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:44 am

PANAMA CITY — When he was a child, Dennis Creamer was abused by his
drunken biological father, by one of his brothers and sexually abused by
a family friend. Defense witnesses also said Monday that Creamer first
tried pot when he was 9 years old and began smoking it every day, along
with occasional forays into meth and cocaine as a teenager.
HALEIGH MARIE CAIN - 2 yo - (2008) -  Lynn Haven FL Kzcmzz-creamerspencer01

A child psychologist, who was not named in court, had said Creamer
was sad when he was 7 and had below-average intelligence. Recently
tested again by Dr. Jill Rowan, Creamer was found to have an IQ of 73,
which is borderline mentally retarded, she said.
Assistant State Attorney Larry Basford did not dispute these
mitigating factors, which were presented by the defense at Creamer’s
sentencing hearing Monday afternoon. However, Basford said the law still
supports the death penalty
for Creamer and asked that the mother,
biological father and grandmother of Creamer’s victim be allowed to read
letters to Circuit Judge Dedee Costello.
Costello is scheduled to pronounce Creamer’s sentence April 5.
Creamer, 26, was found guilty in February of felony first-degree
murder and aggravated child abuse for the Dec. 7, 2008, death of Haleigh
Marie Cain. Creamer lived with the 2-year-old and her mother, Jessica
Krsul. Krsul got drunk and blacked out the night Haleigh was killed, she
testified during his trial.
“I miss her so much I can’t stand it,” Krsul told Costello on Monday.
“I miss the way she said, ‘Night, night.’ I miss the way she said ‘no’
whenever you would ask her a question.”
She added that she wanted Creamer to die.
“He beat my daughter to death like she was nothing,” Krsul said. “He
is an evil, evil person.”
Carla Krsul, Haleigh’s grandmother, said Haleigh “was the music in my
life. All I have now is silence.”
Haleigh struggled to survive after a tough birth, Carla Krsul added,
but she did and became “my gift from God.”
Carla Krsul said she rarely sleeps now because when she does she
dreams about what Dennis Creamer did to her granddaughter.
“I relive it every day, every night, every moment I breathe,” she
said.
She said Creamer had destroyed her will to live.
“I believe it is the responsibility of this court to rid the world of
evil,” Carla Krsul said.
Dennis Creamer had a rough childhood that included sexual abuse by a
family friend and an alcoholic father who beat Creamer and his brothers
every night when he lived with them. Despite this, he seemed to start
out decently, his brothers, a former employer and a former girlfriend
said. Creamer and his girlfriend Stephanie Chesson had a son, and he
made sure Chesson and his boy had what they needed, Chesson said.
“He was a good, wonderful provider,” Chesson said. “My son has always
loved his dad.”
The couple broke up and after a few years Creamer took up with Krsul,
Chesson said. Chesson added that she has not told Creamer’s son where
he is or what happened to him other than to say Creamer moved away and
the boy might not get to see his father again.
“It broke my heart,” Chesson said. “I don’t know what to tell a
5-year-old when it comes to something like that.”
Assistant Public Defender Kim Dowgul asked Costello to take the abuse
into account when deciding whether to give Creamer the death penalty.
“The majority of things that happened with Mr. Creamer happened at an
early age,” she said. “Is it (Haleigh’s murder) disturbing? Yes it is.”
However, “the death penalty is supposed to be reserved for the worst of
the worst.”
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla Krsul Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:02 pm

Joanie wrote:Poster's Note: I tried to format it the way tom does. maybe he can let me know if I'm doing this right or if I put stuff in the wrong forum?

This case broke my heart, first some background copied from my page for Haleigh
HALEIGH MARIE CAIN - 2 yo - (2008) -  Lynn Haven FL Haleymarie
Haleigh was born in Florida, she was a sweet little girl, always laughing and giggling. Her favorite book was Humpty-Dumpty. She loved to watch Elmo on TV. She like to be near her grandpa when he worked in the garage, she would sit out there with him and pound away on her little toy workbench. She liked to sneak into the fridge and eat apples, her favorite fruit. After having a little nibble, she would put the apple back. She had a beautiful smile and a mischievous sparkle in her eyes. Little Haleigh was just 2-years-old when she was brutally and savagely beaten to death. She was killed because she wanted some juice and cookies.

On the 7th December, Haleigh went with her family to a bonfire, after returning home, over tired, Haleigh was put to bed. Her mother, Jessica Krusl and her mother's partner, Dennis Creamer also retired for the night. Haleigh, however over excited and over tired climbed out of her bed in her pj's, went to the kitchen to get some thing to drink and some cookies. But this woke her mommy's boyfriend who was already intoxicated from the gathering. He saw Haleigh in the kitchen and kicked her in the stomach, threw her to the floor and slammed her head into the wall, Autopsy results show she suffered a lacerated liver, ruptured spleen, broken ribs, and her teeth came through her tiny lips. After he finished beating her, he placed her back into her bed and went to sleep himself!

Half way through the night, in agony Haleigh tried to make her way to her mother room, presumably to ask for help, when she collapsed and died!

Creamer was charged with the murder and is currently awaiting trial in Florida.

Creamer’s trial begins February 22nd 2010. He faces murder charges, as well as aggravated child abuse.
It could constitute the death penalty

02/11/10 - 05:31 PM

Bay County, Fla:

The right to remain silent may be the difference of life or death for Dennis “PeeWee” Creamer. According to Judge Dedee Costello, Miranda Rights protect his recorded confession and re-enactment of 2-year-old Haleigh Cain’s murder.

“I don’t think the law says that they can try to pull fast ones and i think unfortunately that’s what they were doing,” said Costello.

Bay County investigators argue they wanted the truth and initially read Creamer his rights.

“At the time that it was going on, I don’t even remember him mentioning a lawyer,” said BSCO Investigator, Captain Jimmy Stanford.

Records indicate that during interrogation, Creamer asked to be left alone.

“He was unhappy with me and did not want to speak with me again,” said Stanford.

Later, other investigators brought in photos of the dead child and Creamer told his story.

“He told me that he was going to tell his story to me, and me only and that he was only going to tell it one time, and we began to go through what happened,” said detective, Jayson Deese.

Truth or not, a jury can never see the re-enactment or hear what was said.

“Once he invoked his right to remain silent, they should not initiate the conversation,” said Costello.

But, if walls could talk the prosecution believes they’d speak clearly.

“What we expect the evidence will be is that he hit the child, he kicked the child, he repeatedly smashed the child’s head down into the carpet as well as on two occasions smashed her head into the wall of her bedroom,” said Prosecutor, Larry Basford.

Creamer’s trial begins February 22nd. He faces murder charges, as well as aggravated child abuse. It could constitute the death penalty.

02/17/10 - 04:08 PM

Dennis “Pee-Wee” Creamer will soon go to trial for murdering his girlfriend’s 2-year old daughter. His lawyers argued Wednesday a jury is too emotional to decide his punishment.

Thank You, Joanie, I am Haleigh's Grandmother and I really appreciate you working so hard on posting this.

Carla Krsul
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:13 pm

Thanks Carla for stopping by our forum. I hope that you and your family are able to find some solace in the fact that the perp was found guilty. We can only now hope that the judge agrees that this wanton waste of a baby's life is so heinous that he deserves the maximum possible sentence.

Joanie: I was really enjoying your assistance and input. I have not seen you around in awhile. I hope all is OK...
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down