Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussing the Trial

Go down

Discussing the Trial Empty Discussing the Trial

Post by kiwimom Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:53 am

There is a lot of circumstantial evidence and it doesn't look like there's any smoking gun. No fingerprints, no dna. I'm going to forget about most of the evidence that experts will argue because IMO a jury will have to dismiss most of it in their deliberations because the hair with the death band will be challenged by other experts as will the decomp and chloroform. Taking it right down to basics, the prosecution will say;

Caylee was last seen by GA leaving with Casey. A few hours later Casey was recorded at the video shop and nobody ever saw Caylee alive again. Casey was seen every day by somebody and always said Caylee was alive and well and at the beach with either the Nanny or her parents. Casey's entire focus over the following month was on her social life. She didn't have a job and yet she didn't attempt to find one. Instead she stole from her family and friends. Casey had only one thing on her mind and that was her social life. To Casey Caylee was a ball and chain that she decided to get rid of. Nobody has ever met the Nanny and there are no phone or computer records or photos of a Nanny. Nobody has come forward saying they know this nanny or have seen this nanny with Caylee or Casey. Nobody. There is no nanny. Casey did not take leave Caylee with the nanny on June 16th or any other day. Caylee's remains were found 55 seconds away from the Anthony home, discarded close to the road, inside a rubbish bag and a laundry bag. Caylee's grandmother called 911 to report Caylee was missing. This was 31 days after anyone had seen or spoken to Caylee. For 31 days Casey had not reported her child missing. Instead she tried to hide the fact by lying about her whereabouts.

What the defense might say;

Caylee was kidnapped and Casey was told that if she told anyone she would never see Caylee again and she and her family were also in danger. My client does not know who these people/this person are/is or why they took Caylee. She was terrified for Caylee's life and said nothing. When Caylee's remains were found she still said nothing because the duct tape over Caylee's mouth was a message not to talk or her family would be next. There is nothing linking my client to Caylee's death. There are a number of people who had keys and access to Hopespring Drive and the car Casey used. You cannot find her guilty beyond reasonable doubt.

I left out the story she told about Sawgrass and the nanny because I don't know if the prosecution would bring that up initially. I think they will see what the defense story will be first. Will the defense claim there was a nanny or not? I doubt it. Will the defense offer another story? They can't without putting Casey on the stand to tell it. I think they will simply say she didn't see who took Caylee and the burden to prove Casey killed Caylee and nobody else did belongs to the prosecution.

IMO in the end it will come down to which lawyers the jury like the most and believe the most and what vibes they get from Casey and whether they connect with her or not.
kiwimom
kiwimom
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down

Discussing the Trial Empty Re: Discussing the Trial

Post by kiwimom Tue May 18, 2010 3:37 am

The letters Casey wrote in jail tell us what she will say in defense of her failure to report Caylee missing for 31 days and the reason why she was shopping instead of looking for Caylee as she had earlier claimed. She is going to say that she had left Caylee in Zanny's custody temporarily while she prepared to move away. She will possibly say that she actually did not know there was any problem during that 31 days. At least not until the very end of that time. She may say that every few days during that time she met Zanny and Caylee in the park or somewhere. In the meantime, according to her letters she was buying clothes etc in preparation for her and Caylee's move. She was enjoying going out with her friends she knew she wouldn't see after she moved. She got a tattoo to celebrate the new beautiful life she was looking forward to with Caylee. She will possibly say there was a complete breakdown between her and her parents over raising Caylee, she may even bring up being abused herself and feared Caylee was being abused too to explain why she left her parents, gave Caylee to Zanny and planned their escape. She made a point of saying that nobody knew of her plans in the letter to reinforce her explanation in court that she didn't tell anyone what she was doing. Her reason for keeping quiet is no doubt going to be that she did not want her family knowing because they had threatened to try to get custody of Caylee. Voila. The whole time Casey really was trying to protect Caylee. I'll be interested to see how she explains why she lied to LE and even after Caylee's remains were found she hasn't come clean about all this. I'm guessing something along the lines of; well initially she lied to the police because she still didn't think Caylee was in any danger with Zanny. She just hadn't been able to contact her for a few days and she still wanted to keep Caylee away from her family. She viewed Cindy's action of calling 911 saying that Caylee was missing as an attempt by Cindy to get custody of Caylee. Then as time went on and Caylee's remains were found LE had already made up their minds that she had murdered Caylee and nothing she said to them was going to make a difference.
In another letter Casey wrote she said she knows that Zanny, the person she has known for 4 years isn't responsible for Caylee's death. I suppose Casey might say that obviously somebody else unknown abducted Zanny and Caylee. Murdered Caylee and probably Zanny too. Where Zanny's body was dumped in anyone's guess. Of course in order to tell this story Casey will have to take the stand. t looks like that's what she intends to do. She's got no other defense other than making up a better story to explain her actions which make her look guilty as sin otherwise.
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down