Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BAYLEE McCLINTOCK - 3 Months (2010) - Carlsbad NM

3 posters

Go down

BAYLEE McCLINTOCK - 3 Months (2010) - Carlsbad NM Empty BAYLEE McCLINTOCK - 3 Months (2010) - Carlsbad NM

Post by TomTerrific0420 Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:39 pm

Carlsbad NM ---- An 18-year-old father has been charged in the local Magistrate
Court with child abuse involving his infant daughter.
Arthur "Trey" McClintock III faces one count of child abuse resulting in
great bodily harm and two counts of abandonment or abuse of a child.
Carlsbad police began an investigation after emergency medical personnel were
called to McClintock's home in the 2700 block of Eunice in response to a baby
having seizures.
Three-month-old Baylee McClintock was taken to Carlsbad Medical Center
emergency room where she continued to have seizures, along with decreased heart
rate and low temperatures.
She was flown to a Lubbock, Texas, hospital where a CT scan revealed multiple
subdural hemorrhages in her head in various stages of healing
. These injuries
indicated non-accidental trauma, and hospital staff notified the Carlsbad Police Department.
According to the criminal complaint filed by Detective Sgt. Chris Kohler,
Baylee had been left with McClintock by her mother, Sharon Lactaoen, who was going to her job.
McClintock said the baby was napping when she suddenly began screaming
uncontrollably. Baylee had reportedly begun having seizures when she was 3 weeks
old, and McClintock said she appeared to be having another one. He put cold
water on her head before trying to call Lactaoen for help. Failing to reach her
or her parents, he ran outside yelling for help and a neighbor called 911.
During his interview with Kohler, McClintock described how he had treated the baby during other seizures.
He said he had left bruises on the child when he pinched her to keep her from
falling asleep during a seizure. Once, he said, he held her the wrong way, and
because of his size - 6 feet tall and weighing 300 pounds - he left bruises on her shoulders.
Over the next few days, McClintock's stories to police changed several times.
Police also learned from the mother that every time Baylee had experienced
injuries, she was under her father's care. In fact, Lactaoen quoted McClintock
as asking, "Why does this keep happening when she's with me?"
Eventually, McClintock admitted that he was the cause of Baylee's condition,
but he did not want to come forward with the information because he was afraid
of losing his daughter and afraid of going to jail.
He said the pressures of life had gotten to him, and he had unintentionally
taken his frustration out on the wrong person. As an example, he described
incidents when he slammed the baby onto her bed.
Baylee was hospitalized in Lubbock for some six days, near death for four of those days.
She was found to have bleeding into the brain and swelling of the brain. She
also had a skull fracture and hemorrhaging in the retinas of her eyes, leaving
her permanently blind although possibly responsive to some light.
Doctors say she may suffer permanent disabilities, but it is too early to know the extent.

Last edited by TomTerrific0420 on Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

BAYLEE McCLINTOCK - 3 Months (2010) - Carlsbad NM Empty Re: BAYLEE McCLINTOCK - 3 Months (2010) - Carlsbad NM

Post by msanne2675 Tue May 11, 2010 12:45 am

there should be mandatory counseling for anybody who is going to have a baby, i dont care who you are, educate these people let them know how hard it can be tell them they are not alone crying never killed a baby but shaking the baby to make it stop now thats what will kill your baby tell them if you cant handle it get a support system get out of the room get away from the baby call someone your mother sister brother have them talk you down go to the next door neighbor even if i didnt know someone but they came to my door and said that they were having a hard time and to help i would go over because i would have the utmost extreme respect that they could do that please never shake a baby thats just one scenario

msanne2675
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

BAYLEE McCLINTOCK - 3 Months (2010) - Carlsbad NM Empty a high school friend of sharon's

Post by deeterz Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:50 am

I thought I would post an update. The charges are being dropped against Trey, he was removed from Baylee's vicinity for several months, and the situation continued, so it OBVIOUSLY couldn't be him.
They just took the poor child from Sharon, and I'm utterly sure that she'll be returned to her mother after her condition continues to progress.
I'm completely sure of this, Sharon was completely incapable of causing ANYONE any kind of pain in high school [even if they deserved it], and i seriously doubt she's changed that much. Not to mention she's completely hysterical at the thought that she might never get to see her baby again.
The general conclusion from those who have bothered to keep up with this is that the hospitals are incompetent [not a surprise if you've ever been to a hospital in New Mexico]. Sharon is making plans with her lawyers to sue the hospitals [amongst other groups] for mis-informing the press. In addition to that, the newspaper was flat out lying when they say Trey confessed to anything. [I'll be graceful and say that they were 'misinformed'.]

So, basically the press' and the hospitals' combined stupidity has just ruined three people's lives, lives that would have already been incredibly difficult due to a medical condition [try googling Intraventricular Hemorrhages].

deeterz
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

BAYLEE McCLINTOCK - 3 Months (2010) - Carlsbad NM Empty Re: BAYLEE McCLINTOCK - 3 Months (2010) - Carlsbad NM

Post by TomTerrific0420 Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:23 am

deeterz: Please post a link to the source of your information.
TIA
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by deeterz Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:16 am

personal experience? The mother? Our other friends? i live there, i talk to them often, it's the main topic of conversation.

When there is a verifiable source [like a newspaper article] i'll post it on here, but the current argus is staying silent on the whole subject at the moment.

Last edited by deeterz on Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot information)

deeterz
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:41 pm

deeterz wrote:personal experience? The mother? Our other friends? i live there, i talk to them often, it's the main topic of conversation.

When there is a verifiable source [like a newspaper article] i'll post it on here, but the current argus is staying silent on the whole subject at the moment.
---Thanks for clarifying deeterz. I guess high school was awhile ago for me and so I was wondering just how fresh your info was.
I can believe it would be the main topic of convo and we all would welcome your contributions to keep the story accurate.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down