Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ZIONE WASHINGTON - 2 yo (2010) - Charlotte NC

5 posters

Go down

ZIONE WASHINGTON - 2 yo (2010) - Charlotte NC Empty ZIONE WASHINGTON - 2 yo (2010) - Charlotte NC

Post by TomTerrific0420 Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:31 pm

Charlotte NC ---- A man is charged with murder in connection with the death of
his girlfriend's 2-year-old son.

ZIONE WASHINGTON - 2 yo (2010) - Charlotte NC 041210-Michael+Walker+mug

Police say 32-year-old Michael Walker
is charged with first-degree murder and child abuse.

Police say Shamika
Washington called 911 early Monday after returning home and finding her son,
Zione, unconscious.

Medic responded to the home on Teal Point Drive and
took the boy to Presbyterian Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Police say the toddler had bruises on his body.

Investigators
say Walker voluntarily went to police headquarters for questioning and confessed
to harming the child

Last edited by TomTerrific0420 on Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:55 am; edited 1 time in total
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

ZIONE WASHINGTON - 2 yo (2010) - Charlotte NC Empty Re: ZIONE WASHINGTON - 2 yo (2010) - Charlotte NC

Post by tears4caylee Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:22 pm

Again another story where 'MOM TRUSTED BOYFRIEND'
Mother of baby allegedly killed by boyfriend speaks

Posted:

wnRenderDate('Monday, April 12, 2010 1:54 PM EST', '', true);

Apr 12, 2010 1:54 PM EDT
Updated:

wnRenderDate('Tuesday, April 13, 2010 4:07 PM EST', '', true);

Apr 13, 2010 4:07 PM EDT

CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - The mother of a murdered baby boy says she never suspected her boyfriend was capable of murder.
Pictures of 18-month-old Zione Washington, who died Monday, are spread across the counter at his grandfather's house.
In one picture, he's wearing a birthday hat. Another photo shows him sitting on the couch next to the man who police say beat him to death.
"I miss him so much," said Shamika Washington, Zione's mother.
With her father supporting her on one side, and her uncle on the other, Shamika Washington shares the story of how she returned from the store early Monday morning to find Zione unconscious.
"His body was really cold, his lips were blue, I tried to perform CPR on him," said Washington.
But it was too late. Doctors pronounced Zione dead at Presbyterian hospital. The bruise on his forehead revealed something had gone wrong while he was in her boyfriend's care.
Police say Washington's boyfriend, Michael Walker, later confessed to beating the baby with a plastic bowling ball pin to keep him from crying.
"I can't even explain the pain that I feel, he didn't deserve it," said Washington. "He really did not deserve it."
She says her heart aches. She can't sleep. She can't eat. Washington says she never noticed any warning signs and warns other parents to be aware.
"You've got to be careful, you don't want to feel the pain that I'm feeling right now, I have to bury my one year old child," she said.
Walker's friends and family told WBTV he's originally from New York and had lived in Charlotte for four years. He lived with Washington and her three young children and often babysat them.
Walker has been charged with First Degree Murder and Child Abuse Inflicting Serious Bodily Injury.
Washington will not face charges.

http://www.wbtv.com/global/story.asp?s=12296049#
tears4caylee
tears4caylee

Back to top Go down

ZIONE WASHINGTON - 2 yo (2010) - Charlotte NC Empty Re: ZIONE WASHINGTON - 2 yo (2010) - Charlotte NC

Post by TomTerrific0420 Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:24 pm

Charlotte NC ---- Prosecutors
say
they'll seek a death sentence if they get a conviction against a North
Carolina man accused of killing a toddler.

Prosecutors said Thursday they
will seek a death sentence if 32-year-old Michael Walker is convicted.

The Charlotte man is charged with murder and child abuse inflicting
serious injury in the April 12 death of 18-month-old Zione Washington.

Walker's girlfriend, the child's mother, told police she had left the
boy and his two siblings with Walker while she went to a store for
about 15 minutes.

Prosecutors say the toddler suffered blows to the back, chest, arm,
forehead and jaw and died at a hospital.

Walker's attorney, Susan Weigand, says she doesn't think there is
enough evidence for a death sentence.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:49 am

'I'm getting what I deserve'

Michael Walker pleads guilty to abuse, killing of girlfriend's baby; apologizes to judge.

Saturday, Mar. 12, 2011

• ZIONE WASHINGTON - 2 yo (2010) - Charlotte NC Michaelwalker.embedded.prod_affiliate.138
    Walker
Charlotte Observer

Michael Walker, accused of killing his girlfriend's 19-month-old child, told the judge Friday he deserves his punishment.

"I just want to say I'm sorry," Walker, his wrists in handcuffs and his legs shackled, said moments before being sentenced. "I can't bring him back. I've got to live with this. I'm embarrassed."

Then he added: "I'm getting what I deserve."

Superior Court Judge Bob Bell sentenced Walker to a minimum of 28 years and a maximum of 36 years in prison.

Walker, 33, pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and felony child abuse in connection with the April 2010 killing of Zione Washington. He admitted that the abuse of Shamika Washington's son was especially heinous, atrocious and cruel. That admission exposed him to more prison time.

Walker also pleaded guilty to felony child abuse of Shamika Washington's 21/2-year-old son, Michael.

Mecklenburg Assistant District Attorney Gabrielle Macon told the judge that Shamika Washington had gone out about 2 a.m. April 12 to buy a pack of cigarettes. When she got back to the apartment, on Teal Point Drive off North Sharon Amity Road, she took a 15-minute shower. She then entered the bedroom and noticed Zione lying on his back. Vomit was coming from
his nose, his lips were blue and he was not breathing.

Washington began CPR and told her boyfriend to call 911.

As Medic emergency personnel approached the apartment about 3 a.m., Walker came toward them with Zione in his arms. The child was transported to Presbyterian Hospital. Both Medic and hospital staff saw what appeared to be bruising on Zione, Macon said. Zione never regained a pulse or began breathing and was pronounced dead at 3:25 a.m.

Macon told the judge that Walker confessed to beating Zione. The prosecutor said that Walker, when confronted with photographs of the child's injuries, told detectives that Zione had started crying after Washington left the apartment.

Walker recalled telling Zione to go back to sleep but got frustrated and hit him with a plastic bowling pin and on the chest several times with an open hand and closed fist, Macon said.

He said he then pulled the covers over Zione and went back to watching TV.

Macon told the judge that Zione had bruises on his face, chest, abdomen and forehead. Detectives found three plastic bowling pins in the bedroom closet, the prosecutor said. One of them was crushed.

Shamika Washington wasn't at the sentencing of her son's killer. Macon told the judge that Zione's mother had moved to Georgia and authorities had been unable to contact her.

Defense attorney Susan Weigand told the judge that Walker was intoxicated and had been smoking marijuana on the night of Zione's killing. She said Walker told police that Zione's mother had nothing to do with her child's death.

"Mr. Walker is a very tormented soul," Weigand said. "He is extremely sorry."
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:52 am

Tom, can you correct this baby's age? He was only 19 months old when he was murdered. Thanx.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by flash0115 Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:08 pm

the mother should have been charged too,

flash0115
Local Celebrity (no autographs, please)
Local Celebrity (no autographs, please)

Job/hobbies : Pretending to maintain my sanity

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:32 pm

This should be moved, he was sentenced almost a year ago.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by babyjustice Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:35 pm

flash0115 wrote:the mother should have been charged too,

I agree. According to this statement the mother would have known the monster was in no condition to watch a baby. She should be charged with neglect at least:

"Defense attorney Susan Weigand told the judge that Walker was intoxicated and had been smoking marijuana on the night of Zione's killing. She said Walker told police that Zione's mother had nothing to do with her child's death."

babyjustice
Supreme Commander of the Universe
Supreme Commander of the Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down