Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LAZAYIA WILSON-JONES - 4 months - Scottsdale AZ

+2
msanne2675
TomTerrific0420
6 posters

Go down

LAZAYIA WILSON-JONES - 4 months - Scottsdale AZ Empty LAZAYIA WILSON-JONES - 4 months - Scottsdale AZ

Post by TomTerrific0420 Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:03 pm

Scottsdale AZ ---- A Valley father is accused of abusing his 4-month-old
daughter for months while the child's mother watched and did nothing.
Scottsdale police arrested 21-year-old Zachary Wilson for three counts of child abuse.
According to court documents, he began abusing his
daughter when she was just 3 weeks old by holding her mouth shut so she couldn't cry.
The abuse escalated over time to the point the infant ended up in the hospital with 11 fractured bones.
Wilson told investigators when he became frustrated with the baby crying, he
would also lay his daughter face down on a bed and forcefully push on
her back to get her to stop crying.

LAZAYIA WILSON-JONES - 4 months - Scottsdale AZ Story

Court paperwork revealed the baby's 18-year-old mother, LaTovia Jones, admitted she watched Wilson
abuse their daughter six to seven times during a six-week period but
never told anyone. She's been charged with one count of child abuse.
According to a family member, Jones and her mother took the baby to the hospital
on April 10 after noticing the baby's head swollen.
Wilson told detectives he dropped his daughter on a trunk in a bedroom while
watching her alone the night before.
While at the hospital, medical staff discovered a "fracture to the skull running from the side
to the top and also to the back of the head," according to court documents.
Doctors also found the baby had nine healing fractured ribs and a healing fractured wrist.
According to a family member, the baby has been released from the hospital and is now in CPS custody.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

LAZAYIA WILSON-JONES - 4 months - Scottsdale AZ Empty Re: LAZAYIA WILSON-JONES - 4 months - Scottsdale AZ

Post by msanne2675 Mon May 10, 2010 11:21 pm

i cant fathom how STUPID people are that poor baby ofcourse the baby wouldnt stop crying the poor thing had a fractured skull broken bones any adult would cry and then not being taken care of stupid stupid people why people need a license to drive a car but you dont need a license to have a baby things need to change

msanne2675
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

LAZAYIA WILSON-JONES - 4 months - Scottsdale AZ Empty Re: LAZAYIA WILSON-JONES - 4 months - Scottsdale AZ

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:28 pm

A Scottsdale couple accused of abusing their baby daughter has pleaded guilty in the case.Maricopa County prosecutors say 21-year-old Zachary Wilson and 18-year-old Latovia Jones entered their pleas Friday.The couple was arrested in April after Jones took the baby to a Scottsdale hospital's emergency room with a swollen head and doctors discovered old and new injuries.
LAZAYIA WILSON-JONES - 4 months - Scottsdale AZ 2jfnnde
Prosecutors say Wilson pleaded guilty to aggravated assault and child abuse for causing Lazayia Wilson Jones to suffer a skull fracture, broken wrist and broken ribs between Feb. 1 and April 10. He faces up to nearly four years in prison followed by supervised lifetime probation when he's sentenced Oct. 25.Latovia Jones pleaded guilty to failing to protect her daughter from abuse and failing to obtain prompt medical attention for her head injury. She will be placed on supervised probation for a minimum of 10 years when she's sentenced Oct. 26.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by oviedo45 Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:09 pm

http://ktar.com/category/local-news-articles/20100925/Scottsdale-couple-plead-guilty-in-child-abuse-case/

PHOENIX — A Scottsdale couple accused of abusing their baby daughter has pleaded guilty in the case.

Maricopa County prosecutors say 21-year-old Zachary Wilson and 18-year-old Latovia Jones entered their pleas Friday.

The couple was arrested in April after Jones took the baby to a Scottsdale hospital's emergency room with a swollen head and doctors discovered old and new injuries.

Prosecutors say Wilson pleaded guilty to aggravated assault and child abuse for causing Lazayia Wilson Jones to suffer a skull fracture, broken wrist and broken ribs between Feb. 1 and April 10. He faces up to nearly four years in prison followed by supervised lifetime probation when he's sentenced Oct. 25.

Latovia Jones pleaded guilty to failing to protect her daughter from abuse and failing to obtain prompt medical attention for her head injury. She will be placed on supervised probation for a minimum of 10 years when she's sentenced Oct. 26.
oviedo45
oviedo45
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwimom Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:48 pm

Why have these two got such light charges/sentences? Under Arizona law he should have been charged with Dangerous Crime Against Children(DCAC) which is a felony with a mandatory imprisonment of 10 to 24 years. He did this for 3 months, not just once in a fit of anger. Same goes for the mother who watched it many many times. Maybe Arizonian's reading here can write to their representatives demanding proper justice for this poor baby.

ARIZONA CHILD ABUSE LAW

In Arizona allegations of criminal conduct which fall under the umbrella of “child abuse” may include anything from leaving a young child in an unattended vehicle to a severe case of shaken baby syndrome (SBS). An allegation of child abuse is most often made against a parent. However, it is not uncommon for another relative, a family friend or neighbor or other caregiver to be accused of child abuse as well.

Child abuse charges vary by type and severity of punishment. Depending upon the nature of the alleged offense, certain child abuse cases that involve a child under the age of 15 may be charged as a “Dangerous Crime Against Children” (DCAC), punishable by mandatory imprisonment of 10 to 24 years for an individual who has no prior criminal history.

As noted above, child abuse allegations are not limited to acts of intentional physical abuse. In Arizona child abuse charges also encompass other non-intentional conduct which is alleged to have been committed “recklessly” or with “criminal negligence”. The charge filed will depend upon the applicable “State of Mind” at the time the alleged crime was committed. Obviously, the severity of punishment will be much greater if the government is able to prove the abuse was inflicted “intentionally” or “knowingly” rather than through mere “reckless” or “criminally negligent” conduct.

Arizona’s child abuse statute, A.R.S. § 13-3623 can be summarized as follows:

I. If committed under circumstance likely to produce death or serious injury
State of Mind

Felony Classification

Intentionally/Knowingly
Class 2 (DCAC)

Recklessly
Class 3

Negligence
Class 4
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaysbelieve Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:18 am

kiwimom wrote:Why have these two got such light charges/sentences? Under Arizona law he should have been charged with Dangerous Crime Against Children(DCAC) which is a felony with a mandatory imprisonment of 10 to 24 years. He did this for 3 months, not just once in a fit of anger. Same goes for the mother who watched it many many times. Maybe Arizonian's reading here can write to their representatives demanding proper justice for this poor baby.

ARIZONA CHILD ABUSE LAW

In Arizona allegations of criminal conduct which fall under the umbrella of “child abuse” may include anything from leaving a young child in an unattended vehicle to a severe case of shaken baby syndrome (SBS). An allegation of child abuse is most often made against a parent. However, it is not uncommon for another relative, a family friend or neighbor or other caregiver to be accused of child abuse as well.

Child abuse charges vary by type and severity of punishment. Depending upon the nature of the alleged offense, certain child abuse cases that involve a child under the age of 15 may be charged as a “Dangerous Crime Against Children” (DCAC), punishable by mandatory imprisonment of 10 to 24 years for an individual who has no prior criminal history.

As noted above, child abuse allegations are not limited to acts of intentional physical abuse. In Arizona child abuse charges also encompass other non-intentional conduct which is alleged to have been committed “recklessly” or with “criminal negligence”. The charge filed will depend upon the applicable “State of Mind” at the time the alleged crime was committed. Obviously, the severity of punishment will be much greater if the government is able to prove the abuse was inflicted “intentionally” or “knowingly” rather than through mere “reckless” or “criminally negligent” conduct.

Arizona’s child abuse statute, A.R.S. § 13-3623 can be summarized as follows:

I. If committed under circumstance likely to produce death or serious injury
State of Mind

Felony Classification

Intentionally/Knowingly
Class 2 (DCAC)

Recklessly
Class 3

Negligence
Class 4

mad1 OMG! The mother should be charged with 6 or 7 counts, however many she sit on her a$$ and just watched, what a flippin' loser this wench is. mad1 That's what I would like to know also Kiwi, why such light sentences, what a crock. We have laws to protect children and yet the damn courts refuse to follow them. This child will likely have issues her whole life from this, it's hard to say but my feelings are that both parents need to do major jail time and , the mother needs to be fixed so she can have no more children. This really pi$$es me off!
alwaysbelieve
alwaysbelieve

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:37 am

Whoa! I just received this PM from a person who is closely connected to the family...it reads:

[Contact] LaZayia

From Guest To TomTerrific0420, Today at 4:11 pmI want my xxxxxxxxxx name taken off of your website she is an infant and should not be subjected to this. According to the law since she is not of age her identity is supposed to be protected for the public.

Well, you can tell that I redacted the relationship between the writer and the VICTIM. Now, my response:

Dear Lazayia's xxxxxxxx,
Though I would like to accommodate your request that is not the solution. The solution is to have prevented her name from being released to the MEDIA in the first place. I understand you may be upset by some of the comments here that are directed at your xxxxxxxx or xxx as the main suspects in this case. You fail to see our purpose(s) in this Web Log (Blog). We are here to help the young children who have no voice in seeking justice for themselves. Our methods are to bring awareness of the atrocities being perpetrated by all kinds of caregivers, thereby letting the public know that this stuff does happen, even IN THEIR OWN FAMILIES and to be aware and act as advocates and report your suspicions to the police.
Little Lazayia is just a BABY. She'll probably never remember, years from now, these incidents of betrayal and inhuman cruelty heaped upon her
by those who should have cared the most.
Bottom line: What Lazayia should not be subjected to is people who harm her.

P.S. Please cite the "law" that prohibits the media from releasing a name that has appeared in many official reports and complaints.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by oviedo45 Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:54 pm

you are exactly right, tomterrific!
oviedo45
oviedo45
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by concerned Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:22 pm

Yes you are right in say that this is about giving a child a voice that is too young to speak for her self. I have tried to do that from the beginning although the scales of justice have failed my grand daughter. I do believe that something has to be done to actually protect our children, but CPS only cares about their bonuses!
In regard to the comments some are very brash but at the same time I realized that people don’t know the whole story. I will say this that since the beginning of this that there have been a lot of statements that have been twisted or omitted. I am in no way standing up for my daughter in anyway SHE WAS VERY WRONG in not telling anyone what was happening!
At the end of the day this is about a 4 month old precious little girl that was abused by her father when he was supposed to be caring for her while her mother was at school. I don’t feel that my grand daughter is getting justice, her father should have been charged with all injures he gave her. From the beginning the state didn’t see it that way, 3 counts of aggravated assault and 1 count of child abuse doesn’t cut it for me. Also now he is able to plea down this isn’t fair! I not only feel that he needs to spend time in prison but also a mental facility to work out all of his issues that have had a hand in him committing this horrendous crime against his own child.
I have come across a lot of sites claiming to give the victim a voice but all they were is sites that are about bashing people instead of trying to make a difference. I personally will not let this rest I think that there needs to be changes in the system. Unfortunately I am unable to comment on those that pertain to my grandchild at this time because of the court proceedings.

concerned
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaysbelieve Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:39 pm

concerned wrote:Yes you are right in say that this is about giving a child a voice that is too young to speak for her self. I have tried to do that from the beginning although the scales of justice have failed my grand daughter. I do believe that something has to be done to actually protect our children, but CPS only cares about their bonuses!
In regard to the comments some are very brash but at the same time I realized that people don’t know the whole story. I will say this that since the beginning of this that there have been a lot of statements that have been twisted or omitted. I am in no way standing up for my daughter in anyway SHE WAS VERY WRONG in not telling anyone what was happening!
At the end of the day this is about a 4 month old precious little girl that was abused by her father when he was supposed to be caring for her while her mother was at school. I don’t feel that my grand daughter is getting justice, her father should have been charged with all injures he gave her. From the beginning the state didn’t see it that way, 3 counts of aggravated assault and 1 count of child abuse doesn’t cut it for me. Also now he is able to plea down this isn’t fair! I not only feel that he needs to spend time in prison but also a mental facility to work out all of his issues that have had a hand in him committing this horrendous crime against his own child.
I have come across a lot of sites claiming to give the victim a voice but all they were is sites that are about bashing people instead of trying to make a difference. I personally will not let this rest I think that there needs to be changes in the system. Unfortunately I am unable to comment on those that pertain to my grandchild at this time because of the court proceedings.

pray Concerned, know that you & your granddaughter are in my prayers. My heart just breaks for you, this is truly "hell on earth". It's a pretty sad state of affairs when the children are the ones to pay and for all intents & purposes the perps basically get a slap on the hand. I realize this is your daughter involved in this but, I personally feel both the mother and father need to be charged with every time that precious child was hurt, they both need to do major prison time and, be fixed so that neither one of them can have any more children. Until our laws start handing out punishment to fit the crime these horrendous acts against children will continue. The children are our future, when are we going to start protecting our future??
Have you read any of the threads we have about missing/murdered/neglected children? Please take a moment to read a few, then maybe you'll understand where some of the "brash" comments come from. It's so hard to read all of the injustices being done to/against children and not become brash. Please join us on the main blog, all opinions & perspectives are welcome and believe me, we are trying hard to be a voice for the ones that have none.
pray heart God Bless you Concerned! Stay strong for your granddaughter, she needs your voice.

Last edited by alwaysbelieve on Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : LOL--spelling!)
alwaysbelieve
alwaysbelieve

Back to top Go down

Post by oviedo45 Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:53 pm

thank you alwaysbelieve

i wish everyone who comments on our missing/exploited/murdered children would take the time to read through how many of these poor children are abused at the hands of adults. horrific - yes!
oviedo45
oviedo45
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down