Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KIRSTEN HATFIELD - 8 yo (1997) - Oklahoma City OK

3 posters

Go down

KIRSTEN HATFIELD - 8 yo (1997) - Oklahoma City OK Empty KIRSTEN HATFIELD - 8 yo (1997) - Oklahoma City OK

Post by TomTerrific0420 Mon May 24, 2010 11:25 am

Oklahoma City OK ---- The Kirsten Hatfield disappearance grabbed headlines in
Oklahoma back in 1997. On May 13th, Hatfield was abducted from her
bedroom in the middle of the night. The crime scene was on Jet Drive in
Midwest City. Detectives knew immediately, Hatfield was not a run-away.
According to Midwest City Police Chief, Brandon Clabes, they called in
FBI investigators within hours of the disappearance.

There were hundreds of leads in the case ranging from Tulsa to the
Mexican border. 1997 was back before the days of the international sex
offender registry. There were allegations of child trafficking that
never panned out. There were also allegations of drug use in the family
and broken relationships. Police never had enough evidence to name a
suspect.

According to the hand-typed case file, Midwest City Police detectives
found the window cracked. There was blood on the window sill. The
victim's clothing was found in the backyard. Family members told police
they suspected Kirsten was snatched from her bedroom through the window.
Investigators tell us that is an unlikely story. Chief Brandon Clabes
says, "The allegation was someone was able to abduct Kirsten, get her
outside and over a six foot tall stockade fence without any struggle
without any screaming. In our neighborhood canvas we didn't have any
reports of anyone hearing anything like that." Clabes says most of the
information pointed to a family member or someone who was very close to
Kirstin. "Initially, we had people who were close to Kirsten who took
polygraphs who were deceptive. But unfortunately we just didn't have
enough to file a charge against anyone."

KIRSTEN HATFIELD - 8 yo (1997) - Oklahoma City OK Kirsten%20Hatfield%20age%20prog

Kirsten Hatfield would be 21 years old today. A time-progression photo
is still listed on the missing children's registry. However, police are
inclined to think they will more likely find Kirsten's remains.
Kirsten's mother, Shannon Hazen, recently updated the DNA authorities
have on file. They will use it to identify Kirsten's body if they ever
find it.

Chief Clabes says, "It's one of those cases you want to be solved before
you retire because it torments you. If we don't solve these cases we
feel like we failed. In Kirsten's case I feel like not only I but the
agency has failed because we're not able to locate her."

The case is cold but investigators are hopeful someone with a guilty
conscience might come forward and help police find Kirsten's body. If
you have any information, call Midwest City Police.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

KIRSTEN HATFIELD - 8 yo (1997) - Oklahoma City OK Empty Re: KIRSTEN HATFIELD - 8 yo (1997) - Oklahoma City OK

Post by Watcher_of_all Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:02 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,165085,00.html

BAIER: Yes. You now believe Duncan is connected to the abduction of an Oklahoma girl named Kirsten Hatfield? Why do you do that?

HUFF: That's right. I was looking for cases that happened when Duncan was a fugitive in 1997, and that would be abductions or unsolved murders of children under the age of 11, generally, and one of them was Kirsten's abduction, and she's never been found, from a Midwest city, Oklahoma, on May 13 or 14 of 1997, almost exactly eight years before the Groene murders. And Kirsten resembled, to my eye, Shasta Groene.

BAIER: I think we have a picture that puts them together. Hold on one second.

HUFF: Sure.

BAIER: A graphic that puts both girls next to each other and you can kind of see they do resemble each other. And that's how you first linked it together?

HUFF: That and Duncan had a sister living in Edin, Oklahoma 100 miles or so to the northwest of Midwest City. And it appears that when he was finally arrested in 1997, he was at his sister's in Kansas City, Missouri, so it appeared to me that he might go to his sister's for support if he is on the lamb. They may not even know he's on the lamb. And if he was in the Oklahoma area, it just seemed pretty logical.

BAIER: And Steve, we should point out, our producers talked to the police in Oklahoma. The police said they are investigating a possible connection. They don't have anything to report at this time.

HUFF: Right.

BAIER: But they wouldn't comment that a link could be ruled out.

HUFF: That's good.

BAIER: Police are looking into it.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,165085,00.html#ixzz1mNPQxeUO
Watcher_of_all
Watcher_of_all

Back to top Go down

KIRSTEN HATFIELD - 8 yo (1997) - Oklahoma City OK Empty Re: KIRSTEN HATFIELD - 8 yo (1997) - Oklahoma City OK

Post by Watcher_of_all Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:04 pm

http://www.kfor.com/news/local/kfor-news-kirsten-hatfield-story,0,7307215.story

What happened to Kirsten Hatfield?

Ali Meyer Reporting KFOR
4:42 p.m. CDT, May 21, 2010

We take a closer look at a story that was big news when it first broke, more than a decade ago. Kirsten Hatfield disappeared 13 years ago. Tonight we have an update on the case of the girl who vanished in the night. The story captured the state back in 1997. An 8-year-old girl was abducted from her bed in the middle of the night. Kirsten Hatfield vanished.

Home video was all that was left, that and her family's desperate cries for help.

"Kirsten Renee, baby, this is your Uncle Bubba. You call the number. We're all worried sick about ya. You got your mom here and your papa and your Bubba. We need ya home baby," Bubba said.

Find out the details of this special report tonight at 10.

Full story will be available after it airs.
Watcher_of_all
Watcher_of_all

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Wed May 07, 2014 4:01 am

Pulling the first part of the FoxNews article (linked above ) here:

GERALDO RIVERA, FOX NEWS: Like most sexual predators, Duncan constantly wrestled with his own inner demons and often lost, committing uncounted offenses, only ambiguously admitted in the electronic diary he left behind. It documents his dissent into hell. On one of his several Web sites, he writes on Sunday April 24th of this year of "wrestling with demons. These demons are stronger. I'm afraid, very afraid. If they win, then a lot of people will be badly hurt and they've had their way before. So I know what they can do." Then on Wednesday, May 11 said "the demons have taken over. My intent is to harm society as much as I can and then die. I was in prison for over 18 years. All those years I dreamed of getting out and getting even. Instead I got out got and I got even but did not get caught. So I figured, well, I got even twice, actually, more but that's neither her nor there. So now what?"

Then, finally late in the afternoon of Friday, May 13, just two and a half days before the gruesome triple homicide in Coeur D'Alene (search), Idaho, that begins the Groene family's terror and loss, Duncan admits to being a felony fugitive now and boasts how he's been working on a coded journal with its "hundreds of times more frank than this blog could ever be." A review of the various records that chronicle his wretched life reveals a selfish, deeply sick, disturbingly violent ex-con Jekyll and Hyde, who could turn on the charm, mostly with middle-aged bisexual and gay men and get them to believe the best about him even as he plotted the worst crimes imaginable.

Repeatedly, he sought out such men to vouch for his reliable to various parole boards, post his bail, get him into college and even help find him jobs. There was David Woelfert, the Seattle area county official who championed Duncan's cause for years with a series of agencies, giving the walking time bomb financial as well as moral support. And Richard Wacksman, the North Dakota doctor who lent him money and apparently fell in love with Duncan despite the fact the doctor had a wife and kids. And finally, there was Joe Crary, the North Dakota businessman who put up the 15 grand bail. They freed the wretched beast just days before Duncan allegedly acted out his Web site pledge, to "harm society as much as I can, then die."

Sadly the only deaths so far have been among the innocent.
(snip)
admin
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down