Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

INA JANE McELHENY - 4 Months -(2010) Hoosick Falls (NE of Albany) NY

+4
oviedo45
Bear aka GA
purp13pix13styx
TomTerrific0420
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

INA JANE McELHENY - 4 Months -(2010) Hoosick Falls (NE of Albany) NY Empty INA JANE McELHENY - 4 Months -(2010) Hoosick Falls (NE of Albany) NY

Post by TomTerrific0420 Wed May 26, 2010 1:20 pm

Hoosick Falls NY ---- Police continue to investigate Joseph McElheny in
connection with death of his 4-month-old daughter two weeks ago, and law
enforcement sources say an arrest or indictment against him is likely
to come — potentially on a charge of murder.
While no charges have yet been filed, State Police and Hoosick Falls Police believe Ina
Jane McElheny suffered repeated abuse at the hands of her father, with
one particular incident leading to her death, according to police sources.
“That baby was suffering quite a bit,” one official said.

INA JANE McELHENY - 4 Months -(2010) Hoosick Falls (NE of Albany) NY Doc4bfca0b7dded0043699860

The girl had sustained a broken leg and several internal
injuries before medics responded to an emergency call around 1 a.m. on
May 12. The death was later ruled a homicide by the medical examiner.
“It’s still an ongoing investigation,” village Police Chief Robert Ashe said.
A State Police spokeswoman voiced similar comments.
Inquiries to McElheny, 30, through the Hoosick Falls computer-oriented business he
operates out of a home on River Street, Wolf Pack Media Technology
Solutions, were directed to his lawyers. Public Defender Jerome Frost
said it was too early to comment on the case in any specifics.
“It’s one thing to say someone is guilty of something,” he said. “It’s
another thing to prove it.”
He said police will “do what they think they should do,” as will McElheny’s defense team.
“That doesn’t mean my client did anything. He’s entitled to a presumption of
innocence, and as far as I know he’s innocent,” Frost said.
Rensselaer County District Attorney Richard McNally had no comment on any possible
forthcoming grand jury action. Those proceedings, during which the
grand jury hears testimony and decides whether there is enough evidence
to substantiate a criminal indictment, are conducted in relative secrecy.
Police are basing their case on medical evidence, and
several tests have been conducted over the course of the ongoing
investigation. McElheny did not indicate guilt when questioned by
police, a source said.
A page that appears to have been created
by McElheny on the social networking site MySpace indicates he attended
high school in Lockport, near Buffalo. He has not logged into the
page in nearly three years; it lists his place of residence as Bennington, Vt.
The website for his company, www.wmpts.com, has a memorial dedicated
to the infant. A slew of photos posted to online photo albums by Joseph
McElheny depict the big blue-eyed girl from her birth until late April.
Text at the start of a 13-minute video refers to the girl as “our perfect
child.” Ina was buried in Kansas, where the family of her mother Melinda resides, police said.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

INA JANE McELHENY - 4 Months -(2010) Hoosick Falls (NE of Albany) NY Empty Any more info??

Post by purp13pix13styx Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:30 am

Does anyone know if there is anymore info on this case???

purp13pix13styx
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

INA JANE McELHENY - 4 Months -(2010) Hoosick Falls (NE of Albany) NY Empty Re: INA JANE McELHENY - 4 Months -(2010) Hoosick Falls (NE of Albany) NY

Post by TomTerrific0420 Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:09 am

Kiwi, Always... I did a quick search and couldn't find anything past late May. Can you find anything?
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

INA JANE McELHENY - 4 Months -(2010) Hoosick Falls (NE of Albany) NY Empty Family member: ‘No one murdered this baby’

Post by Bear aka GA Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:22 am

HOOSICK FALLS — Joseph McElheny’s infant daughter Ina Jane, who died recently under circumstances police ruled a homicide, was his “entire world” and was neither murdered nor abused, a close relative said.

The relative, who asked that her name or relation to McElheny not be mentioned, said the grieving family does not understand how police could be eyeing the 30-year-old for allegedly killing his daughter when relatives have received few answers about what caused the 4-month-old’s death on May 12. Police have not interviewed McElheny’s closest family members, she said, and have shared little information.

“There was no abuse whatsoever — none that was being hidden, none that was covered up,” the woman said. “I saw that baby on a regular basis, and she was never abused. No one murdered this baby.”

McElheny and the girl’s mother, Melinda, were “neurotic” about keeping Ina Jane safe and healthy, she said.

Police sources have suggested a history of abuse, pointing to a broken leg and numerous internal injuries uncovered during an autopsy as indicative of serious trauma. State Police went public with a press release a few days after the infant’s death labeling it a homicide, and police have said quietly that they expect Joseph McElheny will face serious criminal charges once the investigation is complete.

His relative said the family has ordered its own investigation into what killed the child, and the results of a multitude of tests performed in Topeka, Kan. — where she was buried — will be forwarded to the Rensselaer County Public Defender’s Office, which is representing McElheny on the matter.

Public Defender Jerome Frost, who is handling the case with assistant public defender John Turi, previously said his client is entitled to a presumption of innocence and said accusing McElheny and proving responsibility for his daughter’s death are very different from one another. On Wednesday, Turi reiterated Frost’s comments and declined to discuss specifics of the case.

Frost has experience in defending cases of child death, most recently as part of the team that represented Adrian Thomas, a 28-year-old Troy man convicted in October of murdering his infant son despite extensive medical testimony from the defense that suggested a blood infection may have killed 4-month-old Matthew.

Ina Jane McElheny had been ill with digestive problems for at least a day before she stopped breathing, the relative said, and had received five vaccines just days before her death.

“As far as we know, this was anaphylactic shock,” she said, caused by a reaction to a vaccine. “… No one’s trying to hide anything; we just want to know what made this baby sick and die. We’re devastated. It’s not like we’re going on with life, this is what destroys families.”

http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2010/05/27/news/doc4bfdd6d3d4fbe210707164.txt
Bear aka GA
Bear aka GA

Job/hobbies : Staying Single

Back to top Go down

INA JANE McELHENY - 4 Months -(2010) Hoosick Falls (NE of Albany) NY Empty Re: INA JANE McELHENY - 4 Months -(2010) Hoosick Falls (NE of Albany) NY

Post by purp13pix13styx Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:26 pm

I would love to find more information somehow.. I was a member of Babycenter, where Ina's mom was also a member and this lady was CRAZY IMO... If anyone needs to be looked at it's the mother. She always expressed how she couldn't handle things that would be pretty simple for a new mother and Ina's father kept her at work with him all day.. I'm pretty sure Ina's mother did not work, so I found this kind of strange. I believe someone on Babycenter.com also said after all this happened that she had mentioned once how her husband didn't trust her with the baby. Why is she not being looked at as a suspect?? I don't understand this, but this little Angel deserves Justice. I guess this story breaks my heart so badly because I feel like it hits so close to home, with us both on the same website throughout our entire pregnancy and she stayed a member until this happened... :(

purp13pix13styx
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by oviedo45 Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:44 pm

“As far as we know, this was anaphylactic shock,” she said,
caused by a reaction to a vaccine. “… No one’s trying to hide anything;
we just want to know what made this baby sick and die. We’re devastated.
It’s not like we’re going on with life, this is what destroys
families.”

my dd had this happen to her - the autopsy would have easily identified a closed airway - the lungs and airway swell from the inside out - it takes 4 diff meds to stop it and thank god we got to the hospital in time - she had eaten cashews and they caused the severe allergic reaction - she also had hives, and her face was swollen.
oviedo45
oviedo45
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by oviedo45 Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:46 pm

am moving this to murdered children, since police have ruled it a homicide
oviedo45
oviedo45
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by oviedo45 Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:48 pm