Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DALAYSIA RHYMER - 7 Months - (2010) Newark NJ

3 posters

Go down

DALAYSIA RHYMER - 7 Months - (2010) Newark NJ Empty DALAYSIA RHYMER - 7 Months - (2010) Newark NJ

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:04 am

Authorities in Essex County arrested a Newark man Thursday night accused
of sexually assaulting and murdering a 7-month-old baby girl.Oquan
Blake, 24, was arrested at 10 p.m. at his mother's house without
incident, Katherine Carter, a spokesperson for the Essex County
Prosecutor's Office, said.

DALAYSIA RHYMER - 7 Months - (2010) Newark NJ Oquan-beat-babyjpg-4b5b78fac7d05b35_small

Blake is accused of assaulting and killing Dalaysia Rhymer, the
7-month-old daughter of a woman he had dated.Blake was alone with the baby after her grandmother left to go to the
hospital unexpectedly with back pain. The baby’s 21-year-old mother, who
was planning to attend an event in Manhattan for Gay Pride Week,
instead spent the day at a female friend’s home in Newark, authorities
said.When the baby’s mother arrived at her South 12th Street home Saturday
night, Dalaysia was unresponsive, authorities said. She called police,
and the infant was taken to University Hospital in Newark with a
fractured skull, ruptured spleen, broken ribs, bruising to the spine and
a lacerated liver.
Blake’s criminal record includes a dozen arrests for drug and weapons
charges, authorities said. He was recently released from jail, the
prosecutor’s office said.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

DALAYSIA RHYMER - 7 Months - (2010) Newark NJ Empty Re: DALAYSIA RHYMER - 7 Months - (2010) Newark NJ

Post by alwaysbelieve Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:15 pm

OMG! WTH is wrong with these people??? If this loser wasn't dating the mother anymore then why was he even around?? I'm telling ya', they need to start charging the mom's in these cases too, there is no reason on earth to do this to a child, no matter the age.
I hope this loser is sent up the river for a loooong time, unless we can shoot him.
RIP Dalaysia, you are safe now pumpkin. God Bless you baby.
alwaysbelieve
alwaysbelieve

Back to top Go down

DALAYSIA RHYMER - 7 Months - (2010) Newark NJ Empty Re: DALAYSIA RHYMER - 7 Months - (2010) Newark NJ

Post by Watcher_of_all Mon May 02, 2011 7:57 pm

Newark man pleads not guilty to fatal beating, sexual assault of baby
Published: Wednesday, July 07, 2010, 6:09 PM Wednesday, July 07, 2010, 6:10 PM
NEWARK — Sharine Jackson’s tattoo, on her right arm below the elbow, is a memorial to her 7-month-old daughter, Dalaysia Rhymer, who was beaten to death and sexually assaulted at her Newark home last month.

Jackson’s boyfriend, Oquan Blake, was arrested and today pleaded not guilty to the charges at his arraignment in Superior Court in Newark.

Jackson, 21, went to the courthouse for the brief hearing but walked in just as Blake, 24, was being led out of the courtroom.

"I’m having nightmares," she said afterward, touching her hand next to the word, "Dalaysia," that is inked on her arm. "I’m trying to keep it together but I’m falling apart."

The Essex County Prosecutor’s Office said Blake attacked the baby June 26, after learning Jackson was spending the day with a woman. She had originally told him she was going into Manhattan for a Gay Pride Week event, authorities said. Jackson’s mother, Annette Jackson, was with Blake in the Newark apartment on South 12th Street that day, but went to the hospital with back pain.

Alone with the baby, Blake called Sharine Jackson saying she needed to come home because the baby was aggravating him, prosecutors said. When she arrived, the infant was unresponsive.

Dalaysia, who was not Blake’s daughter, was taken to University Hospital with a fractured skull, ruptured spleen, broken ribs, bruising to the spine and a lacerated liver. She had been sexually assaulted, the prosecutor’s office said. The baby was put on life support but died two days later.

Today, Jackson waited with about a dozen of Blake’s relatives outside the courtroom, including his mother and sister. The two families were together, supporting each other.

Jackson said she still doesn’t know what happened or whom to blame. "But I’m going to find out," she said.

Blake’s family denies he had anything to do with the killing. Blake, with a record of drug and weapons arrests, had a warrant out for violating his parole. He surrendered to authorities late last week and is being held on $2 million bail on the murder and sexual assault charges.

"He’s innocent. He never disrespects anyone," said Blake’s mother, Rosalyn Blake. "He took care of that baby like it was his own."

Blake, 42, said her son wasn’t upset with Jackson, and only called her that day after noticing something was wrong with the baby while he was changing her diaper. He fled because of his parole violation, not because he had hurt Dalaysia, she said.

Jackson said she and Blake had been together for three months and that he had looked after the baby before without problems.

"My heart’s not telling me he did it," Jackson said, again looking down at the tattoo with her daughter’s name printed across the arm. "I should have been there."

Watcher_of_all
Watcher_of_all

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down