Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRYDEN RIDEAUX - 5 Months -(2010) Lake Wales (SE of Lakeland) FL

+2
kiwimom
TomTerrific0420
6 posters

Go down

BRYDEN RIDEAUX - 5 Months -(2010) Lake Wales (SE of Lakeland) FL Empty BRYDEN RIDEAUX - 5 Months -(2010) Lake Wales (SE of Lakeland) FL

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:30 pm

A 29-year-old man was
arrested Friday evening after deputies said he admitted to violently
shaking his infant nephew earlier this week. The infant later died.
BRYDEN RIDEAUX - 5 Months -(2010) Lake Wales (SE of Lakeland) FL Bilde?Site=LL&Date=20100716&Category=NEWS&ArtNo=7165115&Ref=AR&Profile=1338&MaxW=250&border=0
Gary Walter Sipek

Gary Walter Sipek, of 1465 Steve Lane, in Lake Wales, has been charged with aggravated manslaughter
of a child.
According to the Polk County Sheriff's Office, Sipek was babysitting his 5-month-old
nephew, Bryden Rideaux, and three other children at his home Wednesday afternoon.
Sipek said the children, which included Bryden, the child's twin brother, his
2-year-old brother and Sipek's 8-month-old child, were put down for a nap.
Sipek initially told deputies that he put the child in a playpen and when he returned to
check on him, found him unresponsive, not breathing, and with pink froth come from his nose.
An autopsy by Polk Medical Examiner Stephen Nelson determined Bryden died
from injuries consistent with "shaken baby syndrome" and ruled his death a homicide.
Deputies called Sipek, along with the child's parents, Cortney Lombardo and
Bertrand Rideaux, and Sipek's girlfriend, Jaime Lombardo, to the
Sheriff's Office Operations Center for interviews Friday.
During the interview, Sipek told
investigators the child became upset in his playpen and cried, which
began waking the other children. His frustration "got the best of him"
and he reached into the playpen, where he shook Bryden for 10 to 15
seconds, an arrest affidavit says.
The baby quieted and Sipek said he put a bottle in the
child's mouth before going outside to smoke a cigarette to calm down. An
hour later he found the baby bleeding from the nose and called 911.
The baby was taken to Lake Wales Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.
Sipek was not charged with a more severe crime
because investigators do not think his intent was to kill Bryden, said
Carrie Eleazer, a Sheriff's Office spokeswoman.
However, she added, "We do believe that he was
negligent and aggressive toward the baby, which caused the baby to die."
Sipek's first appearance in court is scheduled for today.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

BRYDEN RIDEAUX - 5 Months -(2010) Lake Wales (SE of Lakeland) FL Empty Re: BRYDEN RIDEAUX - 5 Months -(2010) Lake Wales (SE of Lakeland) FL

Post by kiwimom Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:45 am

Any mother would find it extremely difficult to look after two 5 month old babies, an 8 month old baby and a 2 year old toddler let alone a bloke. Come on people, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

BRYDEN RIDEAUX - 5 Months -(2010) Lake Wales (SE of Lakeland) FL Empty How very sad for this family

Post by suzyq Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:00 am

I wanted to say to the previous poster how very rude of you to judge the mother who JUST lost her twin son from shaken baby syndrome. She did not do anything wrong. It is my understanding she went to a quick doctors appt and left the children with her Brother in Law whom she had no reason to mistrust. The other children were his own kids. I feel sorry for you and your harshly judging statements, God forbid anything ever happen bad to you. Maybe people will make fun of you in your misery. Shameful!

My heart goes out to the mother of this precious child!

suzyq
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

BRYDEN RIDEAUX - 5 Months -(2010) Lake Wales (SE of Lakeland) FL Empty Re: BRYDEN RIDEAUX - 5 Months -(2010) Lake Wales (SE of Lakeland) FL

Post by Joanie Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:46 am

suzyq wrote:I wanted to say to the previous poster how very rude of you to judge the mother who JUST lost her twin son from shaken baby syndrome. She did not do anything wrong. It is my understanding she went to a quick doctors appt and left the children with her Brother in Law whom she had no reason to mistrust. The other children were his own kids. I feel sorry for you and your harshly judging statements, God forbid anything ever happen bad to you. Maybe people will make fun of you in your misery. Shameful!

Who, Wha..?

kiwimom just said it would be a hard job looking after that many kids even if your a mother let alone a guy. I get what she's saying. She wasn't making fun of anyone, quite the contrary, she sympathized with the stress of so many little ones.

Wow SuzyQ proof read next time
Joanie
Joanie
Serial Blogger
Serial Blogger

Job/hobbies : Mom against child abuse

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwimom Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:35 am

Joanie wrote:
suzyq wrote:I wanted to say to the previous poster how very rude of you to judge the mother who JUST lost her twin son from shaken baby syndrome. She did not do anything wrong. It is my understanding she went to a quick doctors appt and left the children with her Brother in Law whom she had no reason to mistrust. The other children were his own kids. I feel sorry for you and your harshly judging statements, God forbid anything ever happen bad to you. Maybe people will make fun of you in your misery. Shameful!

Who, Wha..?

kiwimom just said it would be a hard job looking after that many kids even if your a mother let alone a guy. I get what she's saying. She wasn't making fun of anyone, quite the contrary, she sympathized with the stress of so many little ones.

Wow SuzyQ proof read next time
Thank you Joanie BRYDEN RIDEAUX - 5 Months -(2010) Lake Wales (SE of Lakeland) FL 616541
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwimom Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:45 am

BTW Sipek was Brydens mothers sisters BOYFRIEND. Not related to Bryden. Why didn't she leave the children with her husband(if there is one) - the childrens father, while she went to a doctors appointment if that's where she was? Also, she could have taken the twins with her and perhaps just had her husband or parents look after the 2 year old. I can't see too many people thinking their sisters boyfriend would be ideal to look after so many babies.
Investigators said Sipek shook the baby because he was crying and
about to awaken other children he was babysitting. He put the child back
in his playpen, went outside for a smoke to calm down and, when he
returned, he found the baby had blood and froth around his nose. He
called 911 for help.
The child was pronounced dead at Lake Wales Medical Center.
An autopsy concluded the child died of "shaken baby syndrome" and
ruled the cause of death a homicide, the sheriff's office said.
Sipek is being held under no bond at the Polk County Jail.
Jon Wisenbaker is a supervisor of the Child Protection Team which is a program of Pasco Kids First.
He says,
"Mothers need to be aware that even though they may have the
skills to deal with a baby to take care of them - when they leave them
with someone and go away they need to make sure that caretaker also has
skills and knows how to deal with a baby crying."

The experts say it's perfectly normal for a healthy baby to cry for two
to three hours a day, even when their diaper has been changed and
they're fed. They say it's important for parents and caregivers to have a
plan. When you've tried everything else to comfort a child in your care
and they won't stop crying call a relative or a friend to talk to. You
should ask them to step in and give you a break.

As a last resort the experts say just put the baby down in its crib and
leave the room because no baby has ever died from crying.
Suzyq, perhaps you will accept "judgment" from CPS if you can't accept mine.
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyq Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:29 am

I can't accept yours, because you know nothing of the situation, to say something so harsh to the mother in which she had no control of the situation is profound to me. In saying that I don't proofread, that is your own judgement. All I am saying is that this mother no longer has her child.

Also I never said she was making fun of anyone..maybe you should proofread (one word) I said that was a harsh judgement considering she didn't have any reason not to trust him.

Also, I don't know how it goes where you are from, however, I work and my husband works, he takes care of our children when I am gone with no problems. He is a wonderful man and can handle ANY situation when I am not there. To say that leaving your child with a "bloke" WHAT WERE YOU THINKING...sounds ridiculous and sexist. Again I feel sorry that you are judging her, she has just lost her son, and to attack me for sticking up for that mom...well whatever I can fend for myself.

suzyq
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwimom Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:06 am

suzyq wrote:I can't accept yours, because you know nothing of the situation, to say something so harsh to the mother in which she had no control of the situation is profound to me. In saying that I don't proofread, that is your own judgement. All I am saying is that this mother no longer has her child.

Also I never said she was making fun of anyone..maybe you should proofread (one word) I said that was a harsh judgement considering she didn't have any reason not to trust him.

Also, I don't know how it goes where you are from, however, I work and my husband works, he takes care of our children when I am gone with no problems. He is a wonderful man and can handle ANY situation when I am not there. To say that leaving your child with a "bloke" WHAT WERE YOU THINKING...sounds ridiculous and sexist. Again I feel sorry that you are judging her, she has just lost her son, and to attack me for sticking up for that mom...well whatever I can fend for myself.
I've highlighted what you wrote which is the foundation of our difference of opinion here. While you believe the mother is just a bystander in what happened to her child, that's incorrect. She had total control over their welfare and made an unwise choice of babysitter. This forum is about children and my purpose in posting about it is to highlight the problem of children being abused and murdered while left in the care of an unsuitable person to hopefully educate mothers. All you seem interested in doing is having an argument which doesn't help children at all.
As for the rest of your issues - we're obviously not talking about your situation with children being left with your husband and the children's father. This young man was merely the mothers sisters boyfriend. Men are hunters and gatherers not nurturers by natures law and subsequently are not usually equipped to look after a bunch of babies. My son is a lovely gentle young man but I would be horrified if his girlfriends sister left all her babies with him to look after. I know he couldn't cope.
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaid55 Wed May 18, 2011 5:01 pm

06/28/2011 08:30:00YANCEY, JAMES A PRE-TRIAL CONFERENCE POLK COUNTY COURTHOUSE :
https://www2.myfloridacounty.com/ccm/do/courtEvents?county=53&data=bb513144a6c3b33d467113cc94647dcd
mermaid55
mermaid55

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:16 am

Man Gets 15 Years For Shaking Baby To Death

Posted: 6:53 am EDT August 5, 2011

POLK COUNTY, Fla. -- A central Florida man has been sentenced to 15 years in prison for violently shaking his infant nephew to death.

A Polk County judged sentenced 30-year-old Gary Sipek on Wednesday after
he pleaded guilty to aggravated manslaughter of a child.

Authorities say Sipek was babysitting 5-month-old Bryden Rideaux and three other
children in July 2010. Sipek initially told deputies that he put the
child in a playpen and later found the baby unresponsive. He later
changed his story, saying he shook the infant after becoming frustrated
with his crying.

Autopsy results concluded the child died from injuries consistent with "shaken baby syndrome."

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/08/04/2345763/man-gets-15-years-for-shaking.html
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down