Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JAMISA POITIER - 22 Months (2010)/ Charged: Mother's BF; Ronald Deliard - Lauderdale Lakes (NW of Ft Lauderdale) FL

3 posters

Go down

JAMISA POITIER - 22 Months (2010)/ Charged: Mother's BF; Ronald Deliard - Lauderdale Lakes (NW of Ft Lauderdale) FL Empty JAMISA POITIER - 22 Months (2010)/ Charged: Mother's BF; Ronald Deliard - Lauderdale Lakes (NW of Ft Lauderdale) FL

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:18 am

JAMISA POITIER - 22 Months (2010)/ Charged: Mother's BF; Ronald Deliard - Lauderdale Lakes (NW of Ft Lauderdale) FL JamisaPoitier

A little girl's death is under investigation in Lauderdale Lakes.

Broward Sheriff's Office detectives had been on-site in the 4200 block of Northwest 34th Waysince early
morning Saturday.

They are currently gathering details surrounding the death of the 22
month-old, but little information is available at this time.

"A family has endured a great loss, and we have a lot of questions to answer," said Dani Moschella, spokeswoman for BSO.

The investigation is still ongoing.

Last edited by TomTerrific0420 on Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

JAMISA POITIER - 22 Months (2010)/ Charged: Mother's BF; Ronald Deliard - Lauderdale Lakes (NW of Ft Lauderdale) FL Empty Re: JAMISA POITIER - 22 Months (2010)/ Charged: Mother's BF; Ronald Deliard - Lauderdale Lakes (NW of Ft Lauderdale) FL

Post by TomTerrific0420 Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:47 am

Broward County Sheriffs investigators are trying to figure out who
killed a 22 month old Lauderdale Lakes toddler
. Family members say they
found Jamisa Poitier dead in her bed Saturday morning.
At the time two adults were at the home in the 4200 block of Northwest 34th Way in Lauderdale Lakes.
Sheriff's officials are not releasing any suspect information or details
about how Poitier died, but they are classifying the case as a murder.
Judy Morris, the child's grandmother, said she ran home Saturday after
family members called her to tell her something was wrong with her
granddaughter, Jamisa Poitier. She said the child's body was lifeless
when she arrived.
"When I saw the baby in the morning she have a hematoma, don't remember
if it's right or left," said Morris. "But I look at the little infant
and I saw the hematoma, I saw blood in her nose and mouth … and I said
this is trauma."
The news overwhelmed Jamisa's mom, Sharrie Morris who blacked out when
she heard the news about her baby and was then hospitalized. Morris is
still hospitalized. Her niece returned from visiting her Sunday
afternoon.
"She's still hurt, she wasn't really talking much," said Aleisha Reid.
"When she was tired she wanted to go lay down and she said well I'll
talk to you guys later, I'm gonna go play with my baby now in heaven."
Anyone with information about Jamisa's death can report it to Det. Scott
Champagne on BSO's non-emergency number, 954-765-4321, or report it
anonymously to Crime Stoppers of Broward County at (954) 493-TIPS (8477)
or online at www.browardcrimestoppers.org. Crime Stoppers will pay up
to $1,000 for tips leading to the arrest of a suspect.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

JAMISA POITIER - 22 Months (2010)/ Charged: Mother's BF; Ronald Deliard - Lauderdale Lakes (NW of Ft Lauderdale) FL Empty Re: JAMISA POITIER - 22 Months (2010)/ Charged: Mother's BF; Ronald Deliard - Lauderdale Lakes (NW of Ft Lauderdale) FL

Post by TomTerrific0420 Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:02 am

Authorities have ruled the death of a young child to be a murder.Reportedly,
22-month-old Jamisa Poitier's dead body was discovered at her home,
located at 4232 NW 34th Way, Saturday morning. According to Judy Morris,
Jamisa's grandmother, before the child was found dead, Jamisa's mother,
24-year-old Shari Morris, was involved in a fight with her boyfriend.
Judy Morris said, "And anybody knows Shari, they know that if you want
to hurt her, touch her kids. That's her heart."The Broward
Sheriff's Office initially began conducting a death investigation.
However, medical examiners performed an autopsy on Jamisa, which led
county detectives to classify the child's death as a homicide. BSO has
not yet released any of the results from the autopsy. "We're trying to
determine exactly what happened that led to the death of a young child.
What we know at this point is a family has endured a great loss," said
Dani Moschella of BSO.Meanwhile, the child's family continues to
mourn their loss and prepare for Jamisa's funeral. Aleisha Reid,
Jamisa's cousin, said, "We have family coming from everywhere in America
to come to this funeral.""It's very tough. It's very sad. I still can't believe it. It still hasn't hit me," said Dominique Porteous, another cousin.Shari
Morris remains in the hospital as she tries to deal with her daughter's
death. "She's very weak, and she's not eating, and she said her legs
can't stand up," said Judy Morris.Reid said, "She's doing better today than yesterday. She's not doing much greater, and I don't know what mother would."Many
of the victim's family members think that the boyfriend of Shari Morris
is behind Jamisa's death.
"I think it's pathetic. Why would someone do
that to a child? You killed a baby, a little girl, my cousin that we all
love," said Porteous.However, according to investigators, no one
has been arrested and charged in the child's death. BSO said, there is a
warrant out for Shari's boyfriend's arrest, but the warrant is
unrelated to the case.
Florida's Department of Children and
Families is looking into the child's death, while Broward County
homicide detectives continue the investigation. "I hope the police and
the investigation, I hope it goes, and they do what they have to do and
get to the bottom of it, and let the chips fall where they may," said
Judy Morris.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwimom Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:18 am

Oh no, another one. We barely need the details to know who did it Tom.
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:13 pm

There are still more questions than answers regarding the homicide
of a 22-month old Lauderdale Lakes toddler. Little Jamisa Poitier was
found dead in her bed and BSO homicide investigators are still trying to
figure out who killed her.

Family members chose a white dress to be placed over Jamisa's body. The
kind of dress a little girl might wear to a party, or Christmas or a
baptism "but this is not the case," said the child's older cousin
Aleisha Reid.

Reid also said the child's death has been hard on Jamisa's siblings.
Reid held up a picture Jamisa's sister had drawn before her death.

"This is a drawing of the family of her mom, misi – the one who passed away, her brother and her," Reid said.

Family members say they found Jamisa dead in her bed Saturday morning.
At the time two adults were at the home in the 4200 block of Northwest
34th Way in Lauderdale Lakes.

Exactly how the baby died has not been released. Authorities said Sunday
the death was ruled a homicide following an autopsy by the medical
examiner's office.

Judy Morris, the child's grandmother, said she ran home Saturday after
family members called her to tell her something was wrong with her
granddaughter. She said the child's body was lifeless when she arrived.

"When I saw the baby in the morning she have a hematoma, don't remember
if it's right or left," said Morris. "But I look at the little infant
and I saw the hematoma, I saw blood in her nose and mouth… and I said
this is trauma."

The news overwhelmed Jamisa's mom, Sharrie Morris who blacked out when
she heard the news about her baby and was then hospitalized. Her niece
returned from visiting her Sunday afternoon.

"She's still hurt, she wasn't really talking much," said Aleisha Reid.
"When she was tired she wanted to go lay down and she said well I'll
talk to you guys later, I'm gonna go play with my baby now in heaven."

Child protective services are conducting a separate investigation to
determine whether the home is safe for any other children who may live
there.

Anyone with information about Jamisa's death can report it to Det. Scott Champagne on BSO's non-emergency number at, 954-765-4321 , or report it anonymously to Crime Stoppers of Broward County at (954) 493-TIPS (8477) or online at www.browardcrimestoppers.org.

Crime Stoppers will pay up to $1,000 for tips leading to the arrest of a suspect.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwimom Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:37 am

By Juan Ortega, Sun Sentinel
7:14 p.m. EDT, September 8, 2010
TUGS.setInitCount('{"message":"No item."}'); TUGS.tugsURL = "http://discussions.sun-sentinel.com/"; TUGS.init_starRating();
LAUDERDALE LAKES —
At 22 months old, Jamisa Poitier was a precocious girl, fond of running in high-top sneakers, splashing in the backyard pool and shouting with glee at her visiting relatives, her family says."She was a nice kid," Darlton Morris, 60, said of his granddaughter, who was found slain inside her home Saturday. "She was always ready to play with everybody." With no arrests in Jamisa's death, plenty of questions remained unanswered Wednesday, including how the girl died. The Broward County Medical Examiner's Office has ruled her death a homicide, and the Broward Sheriff's Office is investigating.In front of TV news cameras during the past few days, Jamisa's grandmother, Judy Morris, said she found Jamisa unresponsive and with blood in her nose and mouth. But Darlton Morris said investigators have since asked the family to no longer publicly discuss Jamisa's death, citing the ongoing investigation. Morris said family members believe they know who was responsible for her death. The family thinks the Sheriff's Office will arrest a suspect "very soon," Morris said. Jamisa's mother, Shari Morris, a single mother, passed out when she learned of her daughter's death, Darlton Morris said. She was taken to Florida Medical Center in Lauderdale Lakes, where she remained Wednesday, he said. Jethro Chery, 30, a family friend who lives nearby, said he often baby-sat Jamisa, her 9-year-old brother and 6-year-old sister. Chery, who said he wasn't at Jamisa's home Saturday, said her death was preceded by some kind of argument in the home. "We couldn't believe something had happened to her," Chery said. Darlton Morris, who lives in Fort Lauderdale, said Jamisa lived in her large, yellow Lauderdale Lakes home with her grandmother, mother and other family members. He recalled his last exchange with Jamisa a month ago, when he was ending a visit to her home. Jamisa offered to go with him.'She said, 'Grandpa, can I come?' " Morris recalled. "She always wanted a kiss and a hug." Authorities ask anyone with information about Jamisa's death to call Detective Scott Champagne at 954-765-4321 or Crime Stoppers of Broward County at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or go to browardcrimestoppers.org.http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward/fl-child-death-update-20100908,0,2435232.story
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:37 am

A bitter text message exchange between two lovers has led to the arrest of a man accused of killing a 22-month-old girl.

JAMISA POITIER - 22 Months (2010)/ Charged: Mother's BF; Ronald Deliard - Lauderdale Lakes (NW of Ft Lauderdale) FL Ronald+deliard

Ronald Deliard, 22, has been charged with first-degree murder for the Sept. 4 death of Jamisa Poitier, his girlfriends young daughter.
Broward Sheriff's Office investigators said Deliard and the child's mother had been arguing all night because Jamisa's biological father was just released from prison and wanted to see the baby.
In one text message sent from Deliard's phone to Shari Morris, the child's mother, the angry boyfriend allegedly wrote, "I ain't her daddy."
Moments later, the little girl was dead.
Detectives believe Deliard killed the girl sometime between 2 a.m. and 3 a.m., when the while he was home alone with Jamisa and the mother was out at a convenience store. No one noticed the toddler was dead until early the next morning, when Jamisa was found bloodied and missing teeth by her 6-year-old sibling.
An autopsy concluded Jamisa died from blunt force trauma and that led BSO to arrest Deliard.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:23 am

Broward Sheriff's Office said a Pompano Beach man killed his girlfriend's 2-year-old daughter because he had been fighting with the baby's mother and was angry about the child wetting the bed.Ronald Deliard, 22, was arrested Wednesday on a first-degree murder charge.Detectives said the child was found dead at her Lauderdale Lakes home in September. Detectives said four of the girl's teeth were found near the sofa bed where she slept and her mouth was full of blood.A medical examiner later determined the girl died of blunt force trauma.Detectives said the girl's mother, Shari Morris, had gone to a football game with Deliard and her brother the night before the toddler's death, leaving her brother's girlfriend at the house to baby-sit.Morris had recently been in contact with the girl's father, who had just been released from prison, and planned to introduce the child to him the next day, detectives said. But Morris' conversation with the girl's father angered Deliard, detectives said, and the couple fought all evening.Detectives said Deliard eventually returned to the home early the next morning while Morris went out, and he sent Morris angry text messages to come get the child, stating he wasn't "her daddy."It wasn't until the next morning that the girl's family found her dead.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:24 pm

Multiple charges since Jamisa'a murder:

11008343CF10A Defendant State of Fl Vs. Deliard, Ronald 10/10/1988 3rd Degree Felony 05/17/2011 Disposed
11013043MM10A Defendant State of Fl Vs Deliard, Ronald 10/10/1988 Misdemeanor 06/07/2011 Disposed
11020702CF10A Defendant State of Fl Vs. Deliard, Ronald 10/10/1988 Drug Court 12/23/2011 Pending Violation of Probation
13005396CF10A Defendant State of Fl Vs. Deliard, Ronald 10/10/1988 3rd Degree Felony 04/16/2013 Disposed
13008062MM10A Defendant State of Fl Vs Deliard, Ronald 10/10/1988 Misdemeanor 04/26/2013 Pending

http://www.clerk-17th-flcourts.org/Clerkwebsite/BCCOC2/OdysseyPA/case_search_results.aspx?hidSearchType=party_case&txtLastName=Deliard&txtFirstName=Ronald&txtMiddleInitial=&txtBusinessEntity=&chkAdvSearch=0&cboCourtType=&txtDateFiledOnOrAfter=&txtDateFiledOnOrBefore=&sbmPublicParty=Submit&user_type=&DisplayCitation=yes&DisplayType=Criminal&StatusType=&AllStatusTypes=1&SearchType=&CaseType=
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down