Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KAYANA DIXON - 14 yo - Albany GA

3 posters

Go down

KAYANA DIXON - 14 yo - Albany GA Empty KAYANA DIXON - 14 yo - Albany GA

Post by TomTerrific0420 Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:39 am

Two Albany parents are wrought with worry; they haven't seen or heard from their daughter since Monday.14-year-old Kayana Dixon was staying at her grandparent’s house but went missing early Labor Day morning.“Three o'clock, early part of Monday morning her grandfather came over and let me know that she wasn't there,” said Kayana’s mother Takeisha Broadway. “I’ve been riding looking around to see if I see her and it's like she just vanished.”
KAYANA DIXON - 14 yo - Albany GA 100908_missing_kid_1
Kayana is a student at Southside Middle School, but hasn't shown up to class, hasn't talked to friends and hasn't called her parents.“No one has seen her or heard from her and I am getting worried and I am scared,” said Broadway.Her parents admit that their daughter has runaway three other times the past but she is usually gone for only a day.“The last time she ran away she went to Open Arms,” said Broadway.Open Arms is a local shelter; a place to go for abused, neglected and runaway children.“At our homeless shelter they get all their necessary needs as far as food clothes and shelter; life skills,” said Reginald Williams of Open Arms.Administrators say runaways are becoming more and more common in Albany. They see about 50 children a year.“Today's kids just feel like parents shouldn't tell them no. And when their parents tell them no they get upset and they feel like ‘well if you don't want me in your house then I’ll leave,’” said Williams.Whatever the reason, Kayana’s parents just want to know that she is alright.“I just want her to know that I love her, her brother loves her, her grandmother, her father, her step dad. Everybody is just so worried about her. I just want her to come home safe,” said Broadway.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

KAYANA DIXON - 14 yo - Albany GA Empty Re: KAYANA DIXON - 14 yo - Albany GA

Post by TomTerrific0420 Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:30 pm

Poster's Note: I am getting the impression that this young lady was returned home but then disappeared again. Here's what I found today.

The mother of a missing 14-year-old girl is asking the public to help find her daughter, who did not return home Saturday evening. According to Takiesha Broadway, 35, her daughter, Kayana Dixon, spent the night at her grandparents’ house on the 500 block of Wells Avenue Friday and attended Saturday school the next morning at Highland Avenue, but the 14-year-old didn’t return home or to her grandparents’ residence. “I have no idea why (she would not return home),” said Broadway of her daughter’s disappearance. “She did this one time before, but she came back.” She said Tuesday her only daughter, a seventh-grader, did not show up for school at Southside Middle School Monday or Tuesday. Broadway said she is upset and has been posting informational fliers about her daughter’s disappearance throughout Albany and Dougherty County. “I want her home,” she said. “I don’t want to hear from her (on the phone), I want her here.” Broadway said she hopes anyone that sees or talks to her daughter will call her at (229) 436-3306 or local law enforcement at (229) 431-2100 with her child’s location so that she can be returned home safely. Albany Police Department spokesperson Phyllis Banks confirmed Tuesday that Dixon was reported missing Saturday by her mother. She said that lookouts have been placed for the teenager.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwimom Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:35 pm

Posters Note: Correct Tom. She is home again as of last night. I don't agree with this article that MOST runaways are repeat OFFENDERS. Firstly, as we can see through our work here, only occasionally do we see the same child come up again so it doesn't happen most of the time IMO, and it's totally wrong to call them offenders!

Many runaways are repeat offenders
Posted: 10.27.2010 at 7:32 PM

An Albany teenager is back home safely after running away for a second time in six weeks

ALBANY, GA --An Albany teenager is back home safely after running away for a second time in six weeks.Last month we reported that 14-year-old Kayana Dixon had gone missing. She came back home, but ran away again this weekend. She returned home last night.Police say repeat runaways are a common occurrence in Albany.“The length of time that the child leaves varies, but eventually the child becomes a habitual runaway, leaving and returning constantly all the time,” said Phyllis Banks-Whitley of the Albany Police Department.Officers say teens in Dougherty County often runaway because of outside pressure or to be defiant against their parents.

http://www.mysouthwestga.com/news/story.aspx?id=532273
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:44 am

it's totally wrong to call them offenders

---You are totally right. In many instances, these runaways are "running away" from family violence and neglect and/or personal abuse, either verbal or sexual.
I firmly believe that each case is different from the last and you can not paint generalizations with the broad brush this reporter has selected.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwimom Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:45 pm

It seems they were right about this one Tom. She has gone again. When she turns up again she should have to do community service by coming and helping out here and maybe she'd think twice about running away next time!

Jan 5. 2011

ALBANY, Ga. — Foul play is not
suspected, but the Albany Police Department would like community help
to find 14-year-old Kayana Dixon.
Dixon has not been seen since December 29, stated a police e-mail report. She lives on the 700 block of Mercer Avenue.

“It is not like Dixon to be away from home for this length of time” said Phyllis Banks, police spokeswoman.
The report described Dixon as standing about 5 feet tall and weighing about 180 pounds. She had black hair and brown eyes.
Anyone who sees Dixon or knows her whereabouts of
is asked to call (229) 431-3288 and ask for a Family Protection Unit
detective.
http://www.albanyherald.com/news/headlines/APD_needs_help_finding_missing_14-year-old_girl_112915019.html?ref=019
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:03 am

CFS or the appropriate agency needs to set down with this young lady and find out what is at the root of this incessant problem.
Something happening at home is making her beat feet and bounce.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:22 pm

Albany Police continue to ask for community help in
finding 14-year-old Kayana Dixon. Dixon has not been seen since Dec. 29,
stated a police report issued on Tuesday.
No foul play is suspected in her disappearance,
the report added. However, because it is unlike her to stay away from
home for any significant time police would like to find her.
Dixon is about 5 feet tall and weighs about 180
pounds. She has black hair and brown eyes. Her residence is on the 700
block of Mercer Avenue.
Anyone who sees either of the two teens or knows
their whereabouts is asked to call (229) 431-3288 and ask for a Family
Protection Unit detective.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaysbelieve Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:03 am

http://www.albanyherald.com/home/headlines/APDMissing_girl_found_in_gift_shop_113071694.html

Updated: 2:49 PM Jan 7, 2011

APD:Missing girl found in gift shop

Kayana Dixon had been reported missing earlier this week.

Posted: 9:56 AM Jan 7, 2011
Reporter: Staff Reports
Email Address: [email=news@albanyherald.com?subject=APD:Missing%20girl%20found%20in%20gift%20shop]news@albanyherald.com[/email]

ALBANY, Ga.: Police officials
say that a girl reported missing earlier this week was found last night
in the gift shop of a local hospital.
Kayana DIxon was spotted by someone who knew her
in the gift shop at Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital, Albany Police
Spokesperson Phyllis Banks said.
alwaysbelieve
alwaysbelieve

Back to top Go down