Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRETT DILLON Jr - 2 yo -(2009) Tucson AZ

+6
kiwimom
oviedo45
onehope
alwaysbelieve
brettdillon21
TomTerrific0420
10 posters

Go down

BRETT DILLON Jr - 2 yo -(2009) Tucson AZ Empty BRETT DILLON Jr - 2 yo -(2009) Tucson AZ

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:42 pm

Brett Dillon, Junior died of suspected child abuse just short of his second birthday.His mother, Melissa Bizilia is one of two people charged with murder in his death;
but now she'll be allowed to be free pending trial, living with her father out of state.How can someone facing a murder charge be free without bond?When the 9-1-1 call came in on Brett Dillon Junior the claim was he fell in the bathtub and hit his head.He died two days later.Soon Tucson Police decided his death was no accident, but child abuse, and murder.Melissa Bazilia and her boyfriend Ryan Sullivan have been in jail waiting for trial for more than a year.Their bond was a half million dollars.Now Judge Howard Fell agreed to let Bazilia out of jail until her trial starts in February.There's no bond, just the promise to live with her father in Wisconsin.For the baby's father, it's hurt on top of hurt.A reporter asked Brett Dillon:"When you think of her situation versus your son's situation what do you think?Dillon said, "I feel, she should feel the same thing he's feeling right now. Her being in jail right now is basically the same situation. He's not able to live in the free world and I don't think she should either."Bazilia's attorney says she asked for the release when prosecutors asked to push back the trial. They asked for delay because Ryan Sullivan's attorney's added new witnesses prosecutors need time to research.Assistant Public Defender CeCelia Valentine says the delay led to so many scheduling conflicts the trial slipped from this month to February. That would lead to another six month in jail for someone innocent until proven guilty.Valentine says of the boy's father: "I can understand that he might be frustrated and he might be angry. But this is really unfortunately out of our control and so, letting her out was actually in the best interests of justice in this case."
On bond matters, judges often rely on the advice of Pima County Pre-Trial Services. That agency's report recommends releasing Melissa Bazilia to her father's custody, but also notes prosecutors' objections because the charges are so serious and because they regard Melissa Bazilia as a flight risk.Her attorney says while with her father in Wisconsin, Bazilia will be required to check in several times a week, but will not have anything like an ankle bracelet or home visits from authorities in Wisconsin.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

BRETT DILLON Jr - 2 yo -(2009) Tucson AZ Empty Re: BRETT DILLON Jr - 2 yo -(2009) Tucson AZ

Post by brettdillon21 Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:30 am

Hello, this is Brett Dillon Sr. Lil Bretts Jr.s father..i would like to thank you very much for your support in posting this and getting the word out thank you again it means so much.

brettdillon21
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

BRETT DILLON Jr - 2 yo -(2009) Tucson AZ Empty Re: BRETT DILLON Jr - 2 yo -(2009) Tucson AZ

Post by alwaysbelieve Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:41 am

TomTerrific0420 wrote:Brett Dillon, Junior died of suspected child abuse just short of his second birthday.His mother, Melissa Bizilia is one of two people charged with murder in his death;
but now she'll be allowed to be free pending trial, living with her father out of state.How can someone facing a murder charge be free without bond?When the 9-1-1 call came in on Brett Dillon Junior the claim was he fell in the bathtub and hit his head.He died two days later.Soon Tucson Police decided his death was no accident, but child abuse, and murder.Melissa Bazilia and her boyfriend Ryan Sullivan have been in jail waiting for trial for more than a year.Their bond was a half million dollars.Now Judge Howard Fell agreed to let Bazilia out of jail until her trial starts in February.There's no bond, just the promise to live with her father in Wisconsin.For the baby's father, it's hurt on top of hurt.A reporter asked Brett Dillon:"When you think of her situation versus your son's situation what do you think?Dillon said, "I feel, she should feel the same thing he's feeling right now. Her being in jail right now is basically the same situation. He's not able to live in the free world and I don't think she should either."Bazilia's attorney says she asked for the release when prosecutors asked to push back the trial. They asked for delay because Ryan Sullivan's attorney's added new witnesses prosecutors need time to research.Assistant Public Defender CeCelia Valentine says the delay led to so many scheduling conflicts the trial slipped from this month to February. That would lead to another six month in jail for someone innocent until proven guilty.Valentine says of the boy's father: "I can understand that he might be frustrated and he might be angry. But this is really unfortunately out of our control and so, letting her out was actually in the best interests of justice in this case."
On bond matters, judges often rely on the advice of Pima County Pre-Trial Services. That agency's report recommends releasing Melissa Bazilia to her father's custody, but also notes prosecutors' objections because the charges are so serious and because they regard Melissa Bazilia as a flight risk.Her attorney says while with her father in Wisconsin, Bazilia will be required to check in several times a week, but will not have anything like an ankle bracelet or home visits from authorities in Wisconsin.

jawdrop They let her go free until trial?? I have never heard of anything so stupid & irresponsible in my life. She has been charged with murder for goodness sake, it doesn't matter if the trial isn't for another ten years, her ass should be behind bars.
mad1 This really burns my butt, no monitor or anything--unfkgbelievable.
RIP Brett, your safe now baby. God Bless!
alwaysbelieve
alwaysbelieve

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaysbelieve Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:45 am

brettdillon21 wrote:Hello, this is Brett Dillon Sr. Lil Bretts Jr.s father..i would like to thank you very much for your support in posting this and getting the word out thank you again it means so much.

pray So sorry for your loss. Praying Brett gets the justice he so deserves, that the people who did this spend the rest of their sorry lives behind bars.
pray Will be keeping you and those that loved Lil Brett in my prayers. God Bless!
alwaysbelieve
alwaysbelieve

Back to top Go down

Post by onehope Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:42 pm

brettdillon21 wrote:Hello, this is Brett Dillon Sr. Lil Bretts Jr.s father..i would like to thank you very much for your support in posting this and getting the word out thank you again it means so much.
welcome to our forum. I am so sorry for your loss. I am praying justice for your son will be served quickly.Please keep us updated and know our prayers are with you.
onehope
onehope

Job/hobbies : eating trolls for lunch

Back to top Go down

Post by brettdillon21 Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:35 pm

I have created a Petition to try and get signitures to give to the judge to not let her our, if possible if i can get people to sign that it would be such a huge help.

KEEP MELISSA BIZILIA IN JAIL PETITION
--------------------------------------------------
http://bit.ly/hisvoice

Last edited by brettdillon21 on Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : SORRY EVERYONE GAVE YOU THE WRONG LINK, LINK IS FIXED THANKS AGAIN)

brettdillon21
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by oviedo45 Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:34 pm

brettdillon21 wrote:I have created a Petition to try and get signitures to give to the judge to not let her our, if possible if i can get people to sign that it would be such a huge help.

http://www.gopetition.com/petition/39188

thank you for posting this. i am so very sorry for your loss.
oviedo45
oviedo45
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwimom Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:49 pm

brettdillon21 wrote:I have created a Petition to try and get signitures to give to the judge to not let her our, if possible if i can get people to sign that it would be such a huge help.

http://www.gopetition.com/petition/39188
Welcome Brett. I am so very sorry for your loss. It must be very difficult for you knowing your son's mother is not behind bars. I am not a US citizen so can't sign your petition unfortunately but I'm sure others will. The link you provided goes to a site explaining petitions. Do you have another link that goes directly to your petition?
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

Post by brettdillon21 Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:57 am

Sorry I fixed the link i will add it again to this post, also doesnt matter if ur in the US or where ever Anyone can sign, thank you everyone for your support! I really hope this works..God bless you all!

brettdillon21
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwimom Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:12 am

brettdillon21 wrote:Sorry I fixed the link i will add it again to this post, also doesnt matter if ur in the US or where ever Anyone can sign, thank you everyone for your support! I really hope this works..God bless you all!

That works and I've signed it BRETT DILLON Jr - 2 yo -(2009) Tucson AZ 325898 Good luck.
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

Post by RedHead Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:17 am

Welcome Brett. I am so sorry for your loss and I have signed your petition. I can't imagine your pain. My heart goes out to you. May God bless you and comfort you through this trying time. I pray that we see justice for little Brett.
RedHead
RedHead

Job/hobbies : Advocating for Justice and Fighting Cancer

Back to top Go down

Post by MililaniGirl Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:37 am

I am so sorry for what you are going through, and for the loss of your son. I will pray for swift justice for your son, and for healing for you, and that his mother get everything she deserves. I went to that petition site and signed it.
MililaniGirl
MililaniGirl

Job/hobbies : "Idiot Blogger"

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:39 am

I, too, have signed this petition. It seems incredulous that a Judge would allow this arrangement under these circumstances. Normal bail would be set in the multiple hundreds of thousands of dollars in a case like this and there would be no leaving the jurisdiction. If she needs to be with dad so bad, have him set up temporary housing in Tucson.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by onehope Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:40 pm

I signed the petition, Justice 4 Caylee has over 1700 members, I urge members to please sign this petition to give a voice to another child.
onehope
onehope

Job/hobbies : eating trolls for lunch

Back to top Go down

Post by So_Cal Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:59 pm

I too have signed this petition. BRETT DILLON Jr - 2 yo -(2009) Tucson AZ 744935 God bless you and your family. I pray for swift justice for this dear child BRETT DILLON Jr - 2 yo -(2009) Tucson AZ 719242
So_Cal
So_Cal

Back to top Go down

Post by brettdillon21 Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:37 am

any possible way we can get this topic stickied?? thank you very much everyone for your help

brettdillon21
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:00 pm

I would be happy to do that Mr Dillon but I see no need at this point as "sticky-ing" the topic is not necessary. As long as we keep posting it will remain toward the top position in this section.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaid55 Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:02 am

Charges are dismissed in tot's death

February 19, 2011

A Pima County Superior Court judge dismissed murder and child-abuse charges against a Tucson couple accused of killing the woman's 1-year-old child, but he hasn't ruled on whether charges can be refiled.
Judge Howard Fell dismissed the case against Melissa Julie Bizilia, 22, and Ryan Fitzgerald Sullivan, 34, at the request of prosecutors when the original pathologist on the case changed his mind about what may have killed Brett Dillon, Bizilia's son.
The doctor originally said the baby died of blunt-force trauma to the head but now says a heart ailment may have caused the boy to pass out and strike his head. The doctor and defense experts say the ailment could've caused excessive bleeding in the brain.
Defense attorneys Bobbi Berry and CeCelia Valentine lambasted the Pima County Attorney's Office on Friday for filing charges against their client without waiting for autopsy results and then continuing to pursue the case despite an autopsy indicating the boy had the heart ailment.
They asked Fell to dismiss the case with prejudice, meaning prosecutors would not be allowed to refile the case.
"They knew from the beginning there were medical issues that needed to be explored," Berry said of prosecutors.
Deputy Pima County Attorney Susan Eazer asked for the case to be dismissed without prejudice to allow for additional testing.
Fell ordered Sullivan to be released from jail immediately.
Bizilia's bail was lowered from $500,000 to zero in September. She is living out of state but had to check in regularly with court officials here.

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/crime/article_283f2e80-fe33-5f32-ada0-5bbf5d397763.html
mermaid55
mermaid55

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down