Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casey’s “Public Record” Exception ~ by Richard Hornsby.

Go down

Casey’s “Public Record” Exception ~ by Richard Hornsby. Empty Casey’s “Public Record” Exception ~ by Richard Hornsby.

Post by karma Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:11 pm

Casey’s “Public Record” Exception ~ by Richard Hornsby. Rotating
Casey’s “Public Record” Exception

Oct 3rd, 2010 by Richard Hornsby.

In an interesting twist, the Fourth District Court of Appeals issued Bent v. Sun-Sentinel (PDF), which held that an accused inmate’s phone conversations were not “public records” within the meaning of Florida’s public records law, and thus were not subject to being released to the media.

Far Reaching Implications

This ruling obviously has very far reaching implications, as in addition to her jail-house telephone calls and video visitation, its reasoning applies equally as well to Casey’s written letters, if obtained and copied by corrections. However, I do not think it applies to the jail’s visitor log, but as I explain below, I think they have a legitimate argument that it does.

No More Excuses?

What this obviously means for Casey Anthony is that she no longer has a legitimate excuse not to see or speak with her parents, as the ruling’s holding would apply to both video and audio recordings. Or would she?

read more...
http://blog.richardhornsby.com/2010/10/caseys-public-record-exception/
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down