Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PEYTON JOSHUA - 5 Months -(2010) Tallahassee FL

3 posters

Go down

PEYTON JOSHUA - 5 Months -(2010) Tallahassee FL Empty PEYTON JOSHUA - 5 Months -(2010) Tallahassee FL

Post by TomTerrific0420 Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:54 pm

A Tallahassee daycare worker was arrested on Monday, October 25, accused in the death of a five-month-old boy. 55-year-old Barbara Knight is behind bars, charged with aggravated manslaughter in the death of Peyton Joshua. Knight was an employee of Kids' Club preschool off of Ross Road in Tallahassee. Knight looked after infants like Joshua. Knight had looked after Joshua for several months. The initial investigation began back on September 17, 2010 when deputies and paramedics were called to the day care after finding the infant cold and unresponsive. Several failed attempts to revive the baby were unsuccessful. "At the time we started the actually investigation it appeared to be a natural death. The autopsy revealed that it was not a natural death. That it was actually blunt force trauma," says LT Tim Baxter with LCSO. Kids' Club Director Darryl James says Knight did have a certification, but couldn't remember the date when she started working for the preschool; believed to be somewhere around four years ago. Investigating deputy LT Baxter says that there were four other infants in the room when the little boy was found. "It's tragic. The loss of a child is just something you can accept and deal with in a proper manner," Baxter says. Director James says he was advised by attorneys to not comment, but told reporters he was floored at the outcome of the investigation. Knight's first appearance is scheduled for Tuesday, October 26 at 8:30AM at the Leon County Court House.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

PEYTON JOSHUA - 5 Months -(2010) Tallahassee FL Empty Re: PEYTON JOSHUA - 5 Months -(2010) Tallahassee FL

Post by TomTerrific0420 Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:50 am

A Tallahassee child-care worker was indicted today of first-degree murder and aggravated child abuse in the death of a 5-month-old boy. Barbara Green, 55, was arrested in October following the September death of Peyton Joshua at the Kids Club Preschool Inc., 236 Ross Road.

A Tallahassee child-care worker was indicted Wednesday in the death of a 5-month-old boy. Barbara Green, 55, was arrested in October following the September death of Peyton Joshua at the Kids Club Preschool Inc., 236 Ross Road.Peyton was discovered "cold and unresponsive" by deputies, according to an investigation conducted by Department of Children and Families, the State Attorney's Office and the Leon County Sheriff's Office.LCSO spokesman Sgt. James McQuaig said one of the preschool workers called 911 saying the baby was unresponsive. Preschool workers, deputies and paramedics attempted to revive Peyton. Autopsy results showed he died from blunt force trauma, an LCSO news release said.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

PEYTON JOSHUA - 5 Months -(2010) Tallahassee FL Empty Re: PEYTON JOSHUA - 5 Months -(2010) Tallahassee FL

Post by Watcher_of_all Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:56 pm

Daycare Worker Charged With Manslaughter

POSTED: Monday, October 25, 2010
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- A daycare worker from north Florida is being held in jail on a manslaughter charge for the death of a 5-month-old.

The Leon County Sheriff's Office said 55-year-old Barbara Knight was arrested Monday and charged with the child's death.

A sheriff's office report said she was taking care of the child on Sept. 17 at the Kids Club Preschool. The child was cold and unresponsive when deputies arrived. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

An autopsy report said the child died from blunt force trauma. The Tallahassee Democrat reports that an investigation by state welfare officials and other agencies showed that the child was under the sole care of Knight at the time of his death.
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/25509340/detail.html
Watcher_of_all
Watcher_of_all

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaid55 Fri May 16, 2014 11:55 pm

Day Care Worker Sentenced to 13 Years in Infant Death Case

Updated: Wed 1:09 PM, May 16, 2012

Emotions were running high in a Leon County courtroom Tuesday afternoon. A sentencing hearing for Barbara Knight, who also goes by Barbara Green, lasted more than 4 hours today.

Green will serve 156 months, or 13 years, in prison but will get credit for 569 days served.

"I'm sorry," said Green through tears. "I feel real sad, real bad. I'm sorry."

Both of Peyton Joshua's parents testified saying they forgave Green and asked Judge Mark Walker for leniency.

"I feel in my heart as if it was an accident and I left my kid with Ms. Knight because I trusted her," said William Joshua. "I feel it was an accident. So I forgive Ms. Knight and judge I ask that you have mercy."

"I hope nobody else has to go through what we went through and Ms. Knight I do forgive you," said Peyton's mother Ferres Joshua.

After Green was sentenced several of her friends and family left the courtroom in tears.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A daycare worker accused in the death of a 5-month-old baby has been sentenced to 13 years in prison.

Barbara Knight has been sentenced to 156 months in prison. Knight is also known as Barbara Green will get credit for 569 days already served.

Knight entered a no contest plea in March to charges of aggravated manslaughter and aggravated child abuse. Knight was accused of beating 5-month-old Peyton Joshua to death at a Tallahassee day care center. Joshua was found cold and unresponsive at the Kids Club Day Care in September 2010. Arrest records show the baby had a fractured skull.

----------------------

Tallahassee, FL - May 15, 2012 - Noon -

A daycare worker accused in the death of a 5-month-old baby will be sentenced on May 15th. Barbara Knight entered a no contest plea in March to charges of aggravated manslaughter and aggravated child abuse. Knight is accused of beating 5-month-old Peyton Joshua to death at a Tallahassee day care center. Joshua was found cold and unresponsive at the Kids Club Day Care in September 2010. Arrest records show the baby had a fractured skull.

http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/Detectives_Charge_Day_Care_Worker_in_Infants_Death_105718983.html
mermaid55
mermaid55

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down