Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SABRINA MATTHEWS - 14 yo (2008) - Queens/ New York City NY

2 posters

Go down

SABRINA MATTHEWS - 14 yo (2008) - Queens/ New York City NY Empty SABRINA MATTHEWS - 14 yo (2008) - Queens/ New York City NY

Post by kiwimom Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:43 pm

Community seeks justice for slain teen
by AnnMarie Costella, Chronicle Reporter
11/11/2010

SABRINA MATTHEWS - 14 yo (2008) - Queens/ New York City NY Front111110E_D636
SABRINA MATTHEWS - 14 yo (2008) - Queens/ New York City NY SpacerSABRINA MATTHEWS - 14 yo (2008) - Queens/ New York City NY Spacer
SABRINA MATTHEWS - 14 yo (2008) - Queens/ New York City NY SpacerSABRINA MATTHEWS - 14 yo (2008) - Queens/ New York City NY SpacerSABRINA MATTHEWS - 14 yo (2008) - Queens/ New York City NY Spacer
SABRINA MATTHEWS - 14 yo (2008) - Queens/ New York City NY Spacer Sharida Matthews mourns the daughter she lost to a brutal killer two years ago, during a candlelight vigil held in her memory Tuesday. PHOTO BY ANNMARIE COSTELLA SABRINA MATTHEWS - 14 yo (2008) - Queens/ New York City NY Spacer

“Justice for Sabrina,” chanted a group of more than 50 people as they marched through the streets of Cambria Heights on Tuesday demanding that the killer of Sabrina Matthews be apprehended. It has been two years since she was found murdered in her family’s home.
“They cut up my beautiful daughter like an animal,” sobbed Sharida Matthews, mother of the slain teen. “I want justice and I’m asking the detectives and the police, don’t give up. We have to find this killer that is on the street killing children.”

Sabrina Matthews was found dead in her bedroom on Nov. 9, 2008 around 12:30 p.m. The 14-year-old was naked from the waist down and her throat had been slashed.
Her room remains much the way it was, except for the bed and carpet, which were removed because they had been covered in blood. Her mother usually avoids the space because the memories are just too painful.
“Every day when I think about it, I say ‘Sabrina, I’m so sorry.’ I should have protected her. That’s what mothers do. That’s what parents do,” Matthews said. “Right in my home where I thought we were safe. The pain in my heart — it’s like someone stabbed me in my chest. It’s not going away. I just pray to God every day to give me strength.”
Sabrina was the youngest of four children, all girls. Her mother, family, friends and neighbors gathered at the family’s home on 234th Street for their second annual candlelight vigil — an event they plan to hold every year until the person or persons who committed the murder is apprehended.
The ceremony was highly emotional and spiritual with much prayer and singing of gospel songs such as “Amazing Grace” and “Touching Jesus.” The religious portion of the ceremony was led by the Rev. Susan Slater of City Mission Pentecostal Church in Brooklyn.
“God, let the killer go to the police right now and say, ‘I am the one,’” prayed Slater. “Father, stall that killer’s conscience, because every one of us has a conscience. And Lord Jesus, torment the killer right now. Torment him right now. Bring him forth. That is our heart’s desire.”
Valerie Bell, mother of police shooting victim Sean Bell, was also in attendance. She has been offering her support to the family since the gruesome crime occurred, helping them post reward flyers and consoling Sharida Matthews when her grief left her on the verge of collapse.
“It would be devastating for me to stay in the same house, but for her, it’s something that she wants to do,” Bell said. “Feeling the presence of her child here probably keeps her going, even though it’s painful.”
Sabrina’s sister, Aneita, says that every time she sees a young girl around her sister’s age at the bus stop or in the neighborhood, she is reminded of the crime and feels like bursting into tears.
“I have Sabrina tattooed on my arm and on my leg,” she said. “There is not a day that goes by that I don’t think of her. We just need closure, but I guess closure is going to take a long time.”
Anyone with information about the killing is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1 (800) 577-TIPS (8477). Tips can also be submitted at nypdcrimestoppers.com or by text to 274637 (CRIMES), then TIP577. Information will be kept confidential.
http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=20450699&BRD=2731&PAG=461&dept_id=574905&rfi=6target=_blank
kiwimom
kiwimom
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down

SABRINA MATTHEWS - 14 yo (2008) - Queens/ New York City NY Empty Re: SABRINA MATTHEWS - 14 yo (2008) - Queens/ New York City NY

Post by mom_in_il Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:14 am

Anguished Queens mom turns to psychic to help solve daughter's murder
Clairvoyant and paranormal investigator seeking clues to 2008 cold case

By John Doyle / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Published: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 12:03 AM
Updated: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 12:23 AM

On the night her teenage daughter was murdered inside their Queens apartment in 2008, Sharida Matthews slept peacefully in a nearby bedroom.

It was the anguished mom’s last day of rest. For every day of the three years since, she has fought a haunting pain as she pursued her girl’s killer — a frustrating hunt that has led her from NYPD detectives to devotees of ESP.

Matthews is now working with a paranormal investigator and a clairvoyant, hoping their powers of perception can provide long-awaited answers — and long-denied peace.

And the NYPD says its investigators are willing to meet with the mediums in an effort to close the cold case.

“That’s all I want. I want justice for my child,” a sobbing Matthews said. “Somebody slaughtered her. . . . Every day I cry because I want justice."

Sabrina Matthews, her throat slashed and her body partially clothed, was found in a pool of blood when her father returned to the family’s Cambria Heights home on the morning of Nov. 9, 2008.

Police said there was no sign of forced entry. The 14-year-old’s father and three older sisters were questioned and cleared in the slaying.

The family wanted answers, but couldn’t afford a private investigator. Their own probe soon hit a dead end — until a friend suggested a sitdown with the unorthodox investigators.

After resisting at first, Matthews agreed to speak with paranormal investigator Chris Johansen during a November candlelight vigil marking the third anniversary of the murder.

Johansen, 49, came to the family’s home, and Matthews came away convinced that he could help find the killer.

He claims the ability to communicate with the dead — a gift possessed by his great-grandmother and his grandmother, who both worked with law enforcement.

This is his first crime investigation.

He enlisted the help of clairvoyant Francine Bizzari, who has experience working crime cases.

“God can give them the wisdom,” said Matthews, a housekeeper of Jamaican descent. “Everything is possible.”

Johansen has visited the Matthews home and taken photos, handled Sabrina’s clothing to get a feeling of her spirit and spoken to her friends.

Together, the team has come up with a clue: the name “Jasmine,” a mystery friend of Sabrina’s — and a different person than a young neighbor by the same name — who could have answers, Johansen insists.

“She didn’t do it, but she knows,” he said, adding that he thinks the case can be solved. “I want people to listen to what I have to say.”

Matthews said she was shocked recently when one of her other daughters was contacted via Facebook by a girl named Jasmine.

A meeting between her daughter and Jasmine — who may or may not be the mystery friend — produced no new leads, with Jasmine acting spooked, Matthews said.

But Jasmine agreed to meet again with her daughter, the mother added.

Cops say there is a $22,000 reward for information that cracks the case, and ask anyone with possible leads to call the NYPD Crime Stoppers tipline at (800) 577-TIPS.

Sharida Matthews can only hope Johansen, Bizzari and NYPD sleuths can unravel the mystery. “The killer is still out there laughing — ‘They can’t find me!’ ” the mother said. “That hurts. These are not good shoes to walk in — to know that she died like that.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/anguished-queens-mom-turns-psychic-solve-daughter-murder-article-1.1002175#ixzz2t9l86t7O
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down