Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10, 13 & 14 year old - North Miami Beach - FL

Go down

10, 13 & 14 year old - North Miami Beach - FL Empty 10, 13 & 14 year old - North Miami Beach - FL

Post by kiwimom Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:13 pm

Two Dead, Three Children wounded in North Miami Beach
November 21st 2010

A man and a woman are dead, and three of her four children -- ages 10, 13, and 14 -- are fighting for their lives in critical condition after the man went on a shooting rampage in their North Miami Beach home Saturday night.Police spokesman Officer Mike Pons said the shooting is being ruled a domestic murder suicide. The shooter lived at the home in the 1500 block of Northeast 151st Terrace, but was not the biological father of the children.North Miami Beach police responded to a call Saturday at 11:20 p.m. and first found the injured 10-year-old boy, who had gone to a neighbor's home for help. They heard gunshots at the boy's home and called in a SWAT unit. When they entered the home, they found a 14-year-old girl shot, the dead bodies of the adult male and female, and the 13-year-old boy, who had also been shot.A 2-year-old boy was also at the scene, but uninjured. The toddler remained in the city's custody as of late Sunday morning.Names of the victims have not been released, as police try to contact the next of kin.Pons said the couple and the children ``lived together as a family at that home,'' and the shooting came after a domestic dispute. The man grabbed a gun in the heat of the argument, shot the family members, and then turned the gun on himself.It's unclear what sparked the argument. Anyone with information is asked to call Officer Mike Pons at 786-201-1635.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/fl-north-miami-beach-shooting-20101121,0,7626260.story
kiwimom
kiwimom
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down

10, 13 & 14 year old - North Miami Beach - FL Empty Re: 10, 13 & 14 year old - North Miami Beach - FL

Post by kiwimom Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:21 am

A man and a woman are dead, and three of her four children — ages 10, 13, and 14 — were in critical condition after the man went on a shooting rampage in their North Miami Beach home Saturday night.

The shooting is being ruled a domestic murder-suicide, said police spokesman Mike Pons. The shooter, his girlfriend and her four children lived together at the home at 1500 Northeast 151st Terrace. The man was not the birth father of the children.

The shooting Saturday night came after a violent argument between the two adults over infidelities, one of the children later told her father. In a rage, she said her stepdad grabbed a gun, killed her mother, then went after the kids. He then turned the gun on himself.

Names of the victims were not released Sunday night because police had been unable to contact relatives to notify them of the deaths.

The tragedy unfolded around 11:20 p.m., when North Miami Beach police responded to a call of a shooting in the Washington Park neighborhood. They found a wounded 10-year-old boy who had gone to a neighbor's home for help. While interviewing the boy, they heard gunshots from inside the boy's home and called in a SWAT unit.

When they entered the home, they found the bodies of the adult man and woman, as well as a wounded 13-year-old boy and 14-year-old girl.

A 2-year-old boy was found at the scene uninjured. The toddler remained in the city's custody as of Sunday evening, and the Department of Children & Families was involved.

"We got a call on our hot line about the case and are collaborating with police, investigating to see if we have a history with the home," said Miami DCF spokeswoman Lissette Valdes-Valle. "If there is a family member, that would be the best case, to place the kids with a family member."

Police are still trying to piece together what led to the violence. There was no answer at the house Sunday afternoon.

Wills Dorleus, 38, who identified himself as the father of three of the four children, told WSVN-Ch. 7 he saw his 10-year-old injured son, Xavier, and spoke to his daughter at the hospital and she gave him an account of what had happened inside the home.

"I just went to the hospital, and [my] daughter, she spoke to me and she said she heard the stepdad arguing with her mom about 'He has another girlfriend.' It was about jealous things," Dorleus told the station.

The girl told her father she heard shots in the night. "When she went in the room, she saw her mom lying down on the ground. The man had a pistol in his hand. She said, 'You killed my mom? You killed my mom?'

"That's when he shot her and went back in the room, shot my son and my stepson. … It is shocking. I don't know why someone would do something like this."

The couple shared their home with a roommate. The roommate, who declined to give his name, had traveled to New York on Saturday before the shooting and said he was shocked to learn the news Sunday morning.

It was the shooter who dropped him off at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport before his trip.

On Sunday, he said he couldn't believe the fight that turned fatal could have been about infidelity.

"They seemed happy to me, like a regular couple. There were arguments, of course, but nothing very, not even close, to what I could say was violent," the roommate said.

He said his friend worked in security and the girlfriend worked at a supermarket. She moved into the home a few months ago with her children.

They acted like a typical couple. He would pick her up from work. They would laugh and play, sometimes roughhousing with the kids, he said.

"I don't know how he got there, you know, to that point. I told my girlfriend if I was there, maybe it wouldn't go down that way," the roommate said. "You never know. But maybe I could have gotten him away from the situation."
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/miami-dade/fl-north-miami-beach-shooting-20101121,0,2174118.story

I wish there was a law against having a gun in a household where there are children.
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

10, 13 & 14 year old - North Miami Beach - FL Empty Re: 10, 13 & 14 year old - North Miami Beach - FL

Post by kiwimom Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:50 pm

Hero 13-year-old takes a bullet for his little brother in horrific murder-suicide

Last updated at 9:00 PM on 24th November 2010
A brave 13-year-old boy took a bullet from a crazed gunman to protect his baby brother.Quentin Jack used his body to shield two-year-old Kristian and is now paralysed from the waist down.
He threw himself in front of the toddler after Mark Glinton had gunned down his pregnant mother and shot his sister and another brother before killing himself.

10, 13 & 14 year old - North Miami Beach - FL Article-0-0C372C0D000005DC-971_468x349
Comfort: Little two-year-old Kristian survived the shooting because his brother threw himself in front of gunman Mark Glinton
Glinton, 37, went on the rampage after his girlfriend Evelina Jack, who was six weeks pregnant, accused him of having affairs.As the fight escalated at their home in North Miami Beach, Glinton, a security guard, drew his gun and started shooting.
According to the children, he first gunned down Jack and then opened fire on them. The eldest, Ashleigh, 14, was shot three times, but is in a stable condition. Quentin took a bullet in the back when he saved Kristian.His nine-year-old brother Xavier was hit in the stomach and side.He pretended to be dead and then despite his wounds ran to neighbours to raise the alarm after Glinton turned the gun on himself. His condition is critical.

10, 13 & 14 year old - North Miami Beach - FL Article-1332567-0C37319D000005DC-433_224x392
10, 13 & 14 year old - North Miami Beach - FL Article-1332567-0C3731A5000005DC-886_224x392

Rampage: Gunman Mark Glinton shot girlfriend Evelina Jack, who was six weeks pregnant with her fifth child, after row about his alleged affairs and then opened fire on her children

Xavier's father Wils Dorleus said: 'Thank God my son, (and) all of them are alive. He keeps asking me about his mom.... I can't... I can't tell him.'
Ashleigh is the only child who knows that her mother is dead after confronting Glinton moments after he gunned her down. Detective Michael Stein of the Miami Beach Police Department said: '(She) went into the room and saw her mother had been shot and asked the offender, " You know what are doing?" 'The offender said, "It has nothing to do with you. I love you guys it has to do with your mother "and then he shot her.'Glinton was still married while living with Jack and his wife had called her to warn he was violent.Police said he used to beat up her and the children and they saw him pull a gun on her several times.Veteran North Miami Beach Police Chief Raphael Hernandez Jr. who has worked in the field for nearly 40 years said: 'It's one of the most horrific incidents that we've seen.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1332567/Quentin-Jack-13-takes-bullet-little-brother-murder-suicide.html#ixzz16LDcP8Z6
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down