Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Could Lee Anthony face charges?

3 posters

Go down

Could Lee Anthony face charges? Empty Could Lee Anthony face charges?

Post by Impetuous Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:55 am

gma2one wrote:Found this interesting. Lee could face charges. Hope its true...
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=8150793&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/MyFox/pages/sidebar_video.jsp?contentId=8151104&version=1&locale=EN-US
Impetuous
Impetuous
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : True Crime Buff & Forensics

Back to top Go down

Could Lee Anthony face charges? Empty Re: Could Lee Anthony face charges?

Post by Beach Potato Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:14 pm

I have read through the article, I still have no idea what Lee's attorney, Luka, is trying to say.
Could Lee Anthony face charges?

"Not because he has done anything wrong," said Thomas Luka.
Then why does Luka feel that he might be arrested?
"Everyone involved in the case should have their rights covered when determining what the police can and can not do or should and should not expect from the witnesses involved in this case," said Luka."
However, he goes on to say:
"Luka adds that neither Lee, nor George and Cindy Anthony, have been called as witnesses in the case, but they are preparing for just such a scenario."

Luka shares the same address, including the suite number, as does Lee's parent's lawyer.

Lee Anthony's attorney, Thomas Luka, on donations collected by his client on behalf of Caylee.

This is very interesting. The accounting on the original Trust fund that was released by Mark NeJame when the first Trust closed did not answer a lot of the questions I had about the how the money was used. There seemed to be some things missing.

I found the statement that said that Lee was doing his own investigation and using some of the money for that purpose very interesting. There is more here than meets the eye, since one of the purposes of the Help Find Caylee Marie Anthony Trust Agreement was to pay for burial, which would be a legitimate use of funds.

Just a reminder that the new Trust is managed by Jody Parker, Mallory's mother. Mallory is Lee's girlfriend.
Beach Potato
Beach Potato
Supreme Commander of the Universe
Supreme Commander of the Universe

Back to top Go down

Could Lee Anthony face charges? Empty Attorney Advising Anthonys Says Lee May Be Charged

Post by mom_in_il Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:56 pm

Attorney Advising Anthonys Says Lee May Be Charged

Tuesday, December 30, 2008 – updated: 11:54 am EST December 30, 2008

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. --
Thomas Luka, an attorney advising the Anthony family. appeared on CNN's Nancy Grace Monday night and said he thinks the sheriff's office is getting ready to charge Casey's brother Lee.

"There is some concern that some activities that Lee may have been involved with during the investigation might have been seen to law enforcement to be misleading," said Luka.

RAW INTERVIEW: Thomas Luka On Nancy Grace

Luka said Florida's broad laws about tampering with evidence and obstruction of justice are what concerned him the most.

He did maintain however that Lee has fully cooperated with authorities throughout the case.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18380933/detail.html#-
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Could Lee Anthony face charges? Empty Charges for Casey Anthony's Brother? "On the Record"

Post by mom_in_il Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:30 am

Charges for Casey Anthony's Brother?

This is a rush transcript from "On the Record ," December 29, 2008. This copy may not be in its final form and may be updated.

MEGYN KELLY, FOX NEWS GUEST HOST: Well, could Casey Anthony's brother Lee soon be joining her behind bars? Casey has been charged with the murder of her daughter Caylee, and now her brother Lee might be charged with obstruction of justice and aiding and abetting Casey.

Lee Anthony's lawyer Thomas Luka joins me now. Tom, good evening to you.

THOMAS LUKA, ATTORNEY: Good evening, Megyn.

KELLY: What do you make of these charges, these potential charges? What are you hearing is the possibly basis behind them?

LUKA: Well, first of all, there has been no announcement, formal or otherwise, that there are charges pending against Lee Anthony. This is all speculation and rumor at this time.

What I can tell you is that there has been speculation that he may be charged as an accessory after the fact for some sort of obstruction of justice charge. The law in Florida, the statue in Florida dealing with obstruction of justice is very broad and gives prosecutors a wide latitude to use that power to charge individuals in order to motivate them to testify against other defendants.

KELLY: Right--in other words, this could be an effort to try to get them to tell them what they want to here with respect to Casey, or it could be that they think he actually did obstruct their investigation.

Did they give you any clue, Tom, what they may be thinking, what act think might be looking at that amount to obstruction of justice?

LUKA: I do not know. I can tell me that Mr. Anthony has been extremely cooperative with the police. Anything and everything, he has done. If there is anything that might throw a shadow or might conflict with any of the police evidence, it is that he has from the beginning has asserted his sister's innocence and has also asserted that this is a missing-person case and not a homicide case.

Now that the dynamic of the case has changed, obviously that is no longer the case.

Watch the interview

KELLY: How does he deal with that, Tom? Because we all watched him so many times come to his sister's defense and say, as we heard the grandparents say, they believe they would find little Caylee, and now we know, of course, they have, but she was found dead.

How is he now, how does he deal with that news?

LUKA: Well, he, like the Anthonys and the rest of the community here in Orlando, are grieving. There are many broken hearts in our community right now. It was not just the Anthonys who thought that Caylee would be coming home safe.

There were many people not only here in Florida but all over the country who were hoping and praying that she would be found safe. Obviously, that is not the case, and we have to more forward from there.

He is grieving along with his family. He is trying to support his family as best as he can. But he is continuing to cooperate with the investigation and wherever it leads now.

KELLY: Does he still believe in the innocence of his sister?

LUKA: At this point, he has not made a determination as to that fact right now. That fact has yet to even be determined--that fact can only be determined by a court of law.

I can tell you that he is wanting to find truth in this case, just like everyone else is, both prosecution and defense, wherever that may lead. And I can tell you that Mr. Anthony, that is all he cares about at this point.

Whether it leads to the innocence of his sister or her guilt, he cares about the truth, and that is what is most important to him as far as it concerns his niece Caylee.

KELLY: Tom, thanks for being here.

LUKA: Thank you.

KELLY: All the best.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,473947,00.html
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Could Lee Anthony face charges? Empty Re: Could Lee Anthony face charges?

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down