Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LISA STONE - 51 yo - (2010) Dallas Texas

3 posters

Go down

LISA STONE - 51 yo - (2010) Dallas Texas  Empty LISA STONE - 51 yo - (2010) Dallas Texas

Post by twinkletoes Sun May 08, 2011 2:14 am

Dallas police search area of Hunt County in investigation of missing woman Lisa Stone

Jul. 15, 2010

LISA STONE - 51 yo - (2010) Dallas Texas  Lisa%20Stone-thumb-165x217-86366

Dallas police looking for clues in the disappearance of a 51-year-old woman searched an area of Hunt County for several hours Thursday morning but found nothing.

Evidence in the disappearance of Lisa Stone (right) pointed detectives to the area near Greenville, police said.

In addition to Dallas police and Dallas Fire-Rescue personnel, those searching included members of the Search One Rescue Team. They looked through about a square-mile of grass and wooded areas, police said.

"We're making every effort to try to locate Lisa Stone," said Sgt. Gene Reyes, a supervisor in the Special Investigations Unit. "Unfortunately it did not turn up anything."

Stone of northeast Dallas was last seen by a neighbor on June 6. Last week, authorities searched her home, questioned her partner and seized 26 cats said to be living in filthy conditions.

Friends and family held a vigil for Stone on Sunday night. A Facebook page has also been set up to provide updates on the case.

Anyone with information on Stone can call Dallas police at 214-671-3661.

Last edited by twinkletoes on Sun May 08, 2011 2:51 am; edited 3 times in total
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

LISA STONE - 51 yo - (2010) Dallas Texas  Empty Re: LISA STONE - 51 yo - (2010) Dallas Texas

Post by Annabeth Sun May 08, 2011 2:29 am

I am watching her story right now on 48 Hours......
Annabeth
Annabeth

Job/hobbies : Being a Dingbat takes all my time

Back to top Go down

LISA STONE - 51 yo - (2010) Dallas Texas  Empty Re: LISA STONE - 51 yo - (2010) Dallas Texas

Post by twinkletoes Sun May 08, 2011 2:46 am

Thursday, Jul 8 2010

Related:

• Dallas woman vanishes; friends look for answers
  • Friends hold vigil for missing Dallas woman
  • Vigil for Dallas woman missing since April

See all 2 photos »

DALLAS — There's been a big development in the case of Lisa Stone, the Dallas woman who has now been missing for 34 days.

Heavily-armed police spent hours serving a search warrant on her home Thursday morning to collect potential evidence — including 26 cats and two dogs.

Detectives are talking to Stone's partner of 15 years. They want to know what she can tell them about the woman's disappearance.

"Lisa is not off somewhere. She is not," said neighbor Susan Scott. "I know for a fact she would not let it get this far, and she loved animals. Oh, my God — if she knew what was going on now."

Police said they haven't been able to find evidence of a crime inside the residence. They did bring in Stone's partner to question her, but she was released her this afternoon. She has declined to talk to News 8 about Stone's disappearance.

Neighbors like Susan Scott are becoming increasingly nervous about Stone's whereabouts. "I have known for quite some time that something very bad is up," Scott said.

Stone, a 51-year-old former account executive, vanished in early June. No one has seen or heard from her since then.

Neighbors discovered some of her treasured personal belongings in a trash container.

"Her brother died several years ago, and she talked about him every day, and his death certificate was found in dumpster," Scott said "All of their pictures growing up. I mean, stuff she would never let go."

Police said they believe something has happened to Lisa Stone, and say they are going to increase their efforts to find her.

Dallas police homicide detectives are helping with this case. For now, they say they have no leads.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sun May 08, 2011 3:04 am

LISA STONE - 51 yo - (2010) Dallas Texas  Logo-v2-sm-tune-in

Lisa Stone

Lisa's Friends Say It Wasn't like Her to Just Leave without Saying Something to Them – She Was Just Too Social For That.

Friends describe Lisa
Stone as a funny, kind and bright person with a heart as big as Texas.
She talked with anyone and was very much a people-person. Lisa logged
onto Facebook every day, answered e-mails, spoke with friends on the
phone and had dinner with her neighbor. So when days went by and friends
weren’t able to reach Lisa, they started to worry because it was not
like her to be out of touch that long. On June 20, 2010 after two weeks
and still no one could reach Lisa, her neighbor Anita filed a missing
persons report.
The Dallas Police Department couldn’t find Lisa either after checking
out local hospitals, the medical examiner’s office or at Lisa’s family
home where she lived with Sherry Henry, her life partner of 17 years.
When police finally talked with Sherry, she told them it wasn’t unusual
for Lisa to disappear from time to time, so police called off the
investigation.

Then on a hot Dallas morning in July, Lisa’s friend Joni found several
of her belongings in a Dumpster near her home. Among the items were
family photos, last effects of her late brother Dennis and Lisa’s birth
certificate. Friends knew Lisa would never throw away cherished photos
or her birth certificate. Now fearing something terrible had happened,
Lisa’s friends went back to police to show them what they found.
Suspecting foul play, police reopened the case and got a search warrant
for Lisa’s home.
On July 8, 2010, Dallas police found Lisa’s pets (two dogs and 26
cats), her purse and her keys left behind – but her car was missing.
Lisa’s friends were convinced something was wrong, because would never
leave her family home or her pets -- it just wasn’t like her. Friends
say they knew the couple was having financial difficulties, but they
also knew Lisa wouldn’t just leave without talking with them.
That same day, Sherry voluntarily spoke with cops at the police
department, repeating her statement that it wasn’t unusual for Lisa to
vanish from time to time.
Two days later, the police found Lisa’s gold Cadillac. It had been repossessed.
Lisa's Friends Refuse To Give Up Until She Is Found

As the days turned into weeks and
months, Lisa’s friends still gather at vigils to support each other and
keep Lisa’s story in the news. They have created a Facebook page, paid
for billboards and private investigators and are offering a $10,000
reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of whoever
is responsible for Lisa Stone’s disappearance. They have vowed not to
give up until Lisa is found.
The Dallas Police Department has had little success. Sgt. Reyes said,
“investigators have tracked down every lead, including sending 70
officers to search a wooded area of Hunt County in July.”

If you have any information about Lisa Stone’s disappearance, her
friends want you to make that call to 1-800-CRIME-TV or leave a tip
online. Remember: You can remain anonymous.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sun May 08, 2011 3:09 am

Annabeth wrote:I am watching her story right now on 48 Hours......
I think it was her girlfriend who murdered her. I can't believe how she reacted. Anger and attacking seem to be fairly common with criminals when questioned.

God bless her friends.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Annabeth Sun May 08, 2011 3:34 am

twinkletoes wrote:
Annabeth wrote:I am watching her story right now on 48 Hours......
I think it was her girlfriend who murdered her. I can't believe how she reacted. Anger and attacking seem to be fairly common with criminals when questioned.

God bless her friends.

I so agree with you Twink.......Her friends are her heroes!!!
Annabeth
Annabeth

Job/hobbies : Being a Dingbat takes all my time

Back to top Go down

Post by horses&hockey Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:04 am

Lisa and I graduated from the same high school. She is several years older than I am and I did not personally know her, but I do remember when her sister was killed in a car accident. I do hope that they can find something that will find the killer IMO it was her girlfriend. Sadly, Lisa had inheritances from her sister, her brother (who died from AIDS), her mother (from cancer) and then a few years ago, her father and had a very good job until she was laid-off. From what I understand the girlfriend spent alot of that money and when Lisa's finances got tight, then the troubles started.

Friends, Family Renew Effort to Find Missing Woman Woman missing since June 5, 2010

The renewed effort to find a missing Dallas woman has compelled a group of her friends to go door-to-door, armed only with a piece of paper and a prayer.

The renewed effort to find a missing Dallas woman has compelled a group of her friends to go door-to-door, armed only with a piece of paper and a prayer.

Lisa Stone, 51, was last seen on June 5, 2010, at her home in the 3300 block of Truxillo Road. Wherever she went, she left her personal belongings behind, along with her cat and her car.

Police have investigated and, according to friends, identified multiple persons of interest in Stone's disappearance. But detectives have not been able to uncover enough evidence to bring any charges.

That is why Stone's friends have made up hundreds of flyers that read, "Have you seen Lisa Stone?"

The flyer also prominently displays the notice of a $10,000 reward that is being offered by Crime Stoppers for information leading to an arrest and indictment for a felony crime in connection to Stone's disappearance.

"We need to start back at square one with Lisa's case," said Tina Stringer, who is coordinating the flyer campaign. "We need to revive this case. We need to hit the streets and get the word out."

A judge declared Stone legally dead this past summer, and Stringer admits she holds little hope of ever seeing her friend alive again.

"I just feel that somebody around here knows something. Maybe they heard something - maybe it didn't seem important at the time," Stringer told NBC 5. "So I think it's just vitally important to get the word out again."

The friends have also created a website dedicated to the search, as well as a Facebook group.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Friends-Family-Renew-Effort-to-Find-Missing-Woman-138867179.html

Last edited by horses&hockey on Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to add the link)
horses&hockey
horses&hockey

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:37 am

This family has had more than their share of tragedies. Now this.

I hope LE stays on this case and finds the evidence to arrest and prosecute the murderer. I believe it is the girlfriend. Please don't let her get away with this horrible murder.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down