Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CHRISTIAN LEE LONGHURST - 4 yo - Altamonte Springs FL

2 posters

Go down

CHRISTIAN LEE LONGHURST - 4 yo - Altamonte Springs FL Empty CHRISTIAN LEE LONGHURST - 4 yo - Altamonte Springs FL

Post by twinkletoes Wed May 25, 2011 9:41 pm

Altamonte Springs police are asking for the public's help finding a missing woman and her 4-year old grandson.

The pair haven't been seen since Tuesday evening at about 8:30 p.m., when they were reportedly in the area of Sand Lake Road and State Road 434.

The two missing people are identified as:

• Ramona Elaine McCoy, 43, 5 feet 4 inches tall, 140 pounds, blond hair and blue eyes;
  • Christian Lee Longhurst, 4, 3 feet tall, 60 pounds, blond hair and blue eyes.

Brandy Steadman, Christian's mother, said she received a text from McCoy saying she was taking Christian for a tricycle ride, police said. The boy may have been riding a red Radio Flyer tricycle.

Anyone with information about the missing pair is asked to call Altamonte Springs police at 407-339-2441.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-missing-grandmother-and-grandson-20110525,0,4455438.story
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

CHRISTIAN LEE LONGHURST - 4 yo - Altamonte Springs FL Empty Re: CHRISTIAN LEE LONGHURST - 4 yo - Altamonte Springs FL

Post by kiwimom Thu May 26, 2011 5:23 am

Grandmother, grandson missing from Altamonte Springs

CHRISTIAN LEE LONGHURST - 4 yo - Altamonte Springs FL MCCOY-LONGHURST-MUGS
Ramona McCoy and Christian Longhurst disappeared Tuesday.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 5:22 PM

ALTAMONTE SPRINGS --

Police need the public's help to find a grandmother and grandson who disappeared Tuesday night.
Police say Ramona McCoy, 43, was last seen with her grandson,
Christian Longhurst, 4, in the area of Sandlake Road and State Road
434. Longhurst's mother, Brandy Steadman, says McCoy texted her around
8:30 p.m. Tuesday, saying that she was taking the boy for a tricycle
ride in that area. They never came home.McCoy is 5'4" tall, weighs 140 pounds, and has blonde hair and blue eyes. Longhurst is 3' tall, weighs 60 pounds, and has blonde hair and blue eyes.

The boy may have been riding a red Radio Flyer tricycle.
Anyone with information on their whereabouts, please call Altamonte Springs police at (407) 339-2441.
http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2011/may/251670/Grandmother,-grandson-missing-from-Altamonte-Springs
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

CHRISTIAN LEE LONGHURST - 4 yo - Altamonte Springs FL Empty Re: CHRISTIAN LEE LONGHURST - 4 yo - Altamonte Springs FL

Post by kiwimom Thu May 26, 2011 10:52 pm

Missing Boy, Grandmother Found Safe At Hotel

Posted: 5:24 pm EDT May 26, 2011ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Late Thursday afternoon, police said they found a missing 4-year-old boy and his custodial grandmother in a Lee Road motel.The two disappeared Tuesday from an apartment near Lake Brantley High School in Altamonte Springs.Detectives
had been out canvassing the area, knocking on doors and talking to
people. When they went to hotel off Lee Road late Thursday afternoon,
they found the little boy and his grandmother safe and sound.Four-year-old
Christian Longhurst and his 43-year-old grandmother Ramona McCoy
Longhurst had disappeared for two days. No one knew where they were,
and Christian's mother was scared."He's just so loving; a people
person. I just want him back," said Brandy Steadman, the boy's mother,
after reporting the pair missing.Detectives had few clues.
Longhurst had not used her cell phone or credit cards, and her car was
left behind. Still, it was not a criminal investigation since Ramona
was also Christian's legal guardian, even though his biological mother
also lived in the home.Then, late Thursday, the news the family had been waiting to hear."She has been found and the little boy has been found, so everyone is okay," said Caytlin Hill, boy's aunt.Christian
and his grandmother had been found safe and sound in a hotel off Lee
Road. The grandmother told detectives she just needed time to think.
And neighbors we spoke with say they've heard arguing coming from the
apartment."At first you think it's just neighbors or family
arguing, but when it comes to the point where the grandmother just took
the kid it's a little desperate," said a neighbor.Police say the
family had no prior criminal history and there was no record with the
Department of Children and Families. However, they are now looking into
the details of the missing person's report originally filed by
Christian's mother.For now though, the family is just relieved that they are safe."I'm
just thrilled that they've been found, and hopefully we'll be able to
get to the bottom of what actually happened here," said Hill.Police
are not revealing the name of the hotel, but WFTV was told the
grandmother and child already left for another undisclosed location.Ramona McCoy will not face any criminal charges since legally this child was under her care.
http://www.wftv.com/news/28039245/detail.html
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Fri May 27, 2011 1:36 am

This woman has custody of her grandchild so there was no need to run away, she could have simply left in her own car using her own keys.

I don't believe her when she says she didn't know anyone was looking for her. If her "disappearance" was on the up and up, she would not have been so sneaky in the way she did it.

I think she should have to make restitution for the money expended looking for her and her grandson.

If her judgment is so poor I question whether she is stable enough to have custody of her 4 year grandson.

All, JMO.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwimom Fri May 27, 2011 2:17 pm

twinkletoes wrote:This woman has custody of her grandchild so there was no need to run away, she could have simply left in her own car using her own keys.

I don't believe her when she says she didn't know anyone was looking for her. If her "disappearance" was on the up and up, she would not have been so sneaky in the way she did it.

I think she should have to make restitution for the money expended looking for her and her grandson.

If her judgment is so poor I question whether she is stable enough to have custody of her 4 year grandson.

All, JMO.
By the sound of it, his mother may face charges for falsely calling LE for a kidnapping so it's quite possible that because mother and grandmother had a row the grandmother, who has custody simply left to take the child away from that and she'd be perfectly within her rights to do that. The mother is the one who unnecessarily called LE.
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down