Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casey Anthony: Is prosecution’s case ‘pretty overwhelming’? - Hal

Go down

Casey Anthony: Is prosecution’s case ‘pretty overwhelming’? - Hal Empty Casey Anthony: Is prosecution’s case ‘pretty overwhelming’? - Hal

Post by mom_in_il Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:23 pm

Casey Anthony: Is prosecution’s case ‘pretty overwhelming’?
posted by halboedeker on June, 14 2011 8:59 AM

One of my favorite analysts on the Casey Anthony trial is ABC’s Dan Abrams.

He is sharp, concise and thoughtful. On “Good Morning America” this morning, Abrams said the prosecution in the Anthony case has presented “a pretty overwhelming case.” Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

“They’ve proved beyond a reasonable doubt, in my view, that there was a dead body in the car,” Abrams told Robin Roberts. “You know why it’s really important? Because if the defense had just said, ‘This was an accident. She lost it. She then took the body. She put it there to make it seem like someone else had done it. She didn’t know what she was doing in that state.’ ”

If the defense had adopted that approach, Abrams said, then the car evidence wouldn’t matter. But now, he said, the defense has ”to battle the fact that there was a dead body in her car.”

Abrams again criticized the defense’s opening statement that George Anthony found Caylee’s body in the pool and hid it. Because of that, the defense has a lot more to demonstrate, Abrams said.

Nancy Grace was a guest on “GMA” in the same segment. The most interesting issues for Grace? She wondered whether the defense will put “Tot Mom” Anthony on the stand and whether the defense will question Roy Kronk, the meter reader who found Caylee’s remains. Grace described as “preposterous” the defense theory that Kronk moved Caylee remains.

The issue of whether Casey will testify is keeping veteran trial watchers guessing, Abrams said. (Abrams, who used to be chief legal analyst at NBC, founded Mediaite.)

Grace’s bravura style has won her many fans, but I think Abrams’ measured style plays better. How often does someone upstage Nancy Grace? I think Abrams’ work on this case should mean bigger assignments for him at ABC. What do you think?

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2011/06/casey-anthony-is-prosecutions-case-pretty-overwhelming.html
mom_in_il
mom_in_il
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down