Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Statement Analysis: Denial of Contempt - SA

Go down

Statement Analysis: Denial of Contempt - SA Empty Statement Analysis: Denial of Contempt - SA

Post by mom_in_il Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:18 pm

Tuesday, June 21, 2011
Statement Analysis: Denial of Contempt

Excerpt:

The following is from WFTV regarding Judge Perry's preparation of charges and holding Jose Baez in contempt, without 'punishing' the defendant, Casey Anthoy, who stands accused of murdering her then 2 year old daughter, Caylee Anthony by duct-taping her mouth and nose, and discarding her body near the Anthony home. Statement Analysis is in bold type while the statements are in italics.

It appeared the defense had no witnesses ready for the stand and the state complained that for a third time in as many days, Casey's lead attorney Jose Baez tried to sneak in expert opinions he hadn't previously disclosed.
“I will be preparing a sanctions package for the court. I believe this is another deliberate violation of the court's order,” said prosecutor Jeff Ashton.

"Believe" shows weakness, as it allows for another belief. In the matters of which he is preparing, it is appropriate since the conclusion, or judgement of such, is at the discretion of the court whom the subject was addressing.
One expert was pulled from the witness stand Saturday and has not been back. Baez tried to get him to question the duct tape theory, but he had not told prosecutors about the testimony. That's a violation of a Perry's pre-trial order.
Perry is threatening Baez with contempt of court.

This is the denial of the allegation which resulted in the threat of "contempt of court" against Jose Baez:

“We did not intentionally look at this order and say we're going to disobey it. Just the mere thought of it disturbs me greatly,” said Baez.

More: http://seamusoriley.blogspot.com/2011/06/statement-analysis-denial-of-contempt.html
mom_in_il
mom_in_il
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down