Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CANADA • Boy, 13 months old / Accused: Allen Charles Davidson ~ Paradise Hill SK

Go down

CANADA • Boy, 13 months old / Accused:  Allen Charles Davidson ~ Paradise Hill SK Empty CANADA • Boy, 13 months old / Accused: Allen Charles Davidson ~ Paradise Hill SK

Post by karma Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:44 am

Man charged in death of 13-month-old boy
November 07, 2011

A 38-year-old man from Paradise Hill has been charged with seconddegree murder in relation to the death of a 13-month-old boy.

Allen Charles Davidson was arrested Saturday following an investigation into the death of a baby on Nov. 2, according to a news release from the St. Walburg RCMP.

RCMP responded to a 911 call from a residence in Paradise Hill at about 4: 30 p.m. on Nov. 1, said the news release. The 13-month-old boy was found unconscious and not breathing and transported by St. Walburg Emergency Services to hospital in Lloydminster. The baby was then airlifted to Royal University Hospital in Saskatoon, where he died the next day.

The death was ruled as a homicide after an autopsy on Nov. 3. The cause of death will not be released.

Davidson is scheduled to appear in court in Lloydminster on Monday.

St. Walburg RCMP - along with RCMP Major Crime North and the Battleford and Lloydminster RCMP Forensic Identification Sections - is continuing with the investigation. The name of the child is not being released at this time.

Paradise Hill is located approximately 50 kilometres northeast of Lloydminster.

http://www.thestarphoenix.com/news/charged+death+month/5667052/story.html
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down

CANADA • Boy, 13 months old / Accused:  Allen Charles Davidson ~ Paradise Hill SK Empty Re: CANADA • Boy, 13 months old / Accused: Allen Charles Davidson ~ Paradise Hill SK

Post by karma Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:49 am

Victim’s mother speaks out
November 17, 2011

An area mother is asking some tough questions after she said her infant son died while in foster care.

The child's biological mother said she has known the Lloydminster area foster parent – who has not been accused of any wrongdoing in this case – for many years, but is unfamiliar with the man accused in her son's death.

The 13-month-old's name is protected by a court ordered publication ban, which also protects the names of the mother and the foster parent.

A 38-year-old man has been charged with second-degree murder and breech of probation in relation to the case.

Saskatchewan Social Services said they couldn't comment on the case because it is currently before the courts.

At 4:35 p.m. on Nov. 1, St. Walburg RCMP responded to a 911 call from an area residence. When they arrived the victim was located unconscious and not breathing.

The mother said she asked her social worker about the accused, and was told they didn't know about his role.

The mother and the foster parent have a history together as the mother had two of her kids removed from her home and put in the foster parent's care before.

The 13-month-old was pronounced dead on Nov. 2.

On Nov. 4 the victim was returned to Onion Lake for a funeral and burial.

The following day the RCMP called the mother saying the forensic autopsy had determined the victim's death was a homicide leading to a second-degree murder charge. The foster parent is not under investigation or facing any charges.

The victim had been taken from his mother on Sept. 12 and the mother wasn't told where he was or that he was taken off of the Onion Lake reserve.

"He was a person and he meant lots to us," said the mother. "He was a good boy."

The mother said the reason the victim was taken from her was because she also had older kids in foster care.

"I kept him from the day he was born until he was seven-months-old and they told me if I didn't leave the reserve and find a place to live, or if I came back to Onion Lake, they would take him from me," said the mother.

The mother said her mom is also a certified foster parent and in March, while the mother was away and left the victim in his Grandmother's care, social services took the victim away.

"I always think I should have kept bugging her (social worker)," said the mother. "My worker kept saying they were there on Thursday and they saw him (the victim) and he looked happy and was OK."

The mother said she had her older kids taken away from her when she had a problem with alcohol, a problem she said she no longer has.

"That's not a problem anymore, it hasn't been a problem," said the mother. "They can check our files, they know it hasn't been a problem."

At 8:30 p.m. on Nov. 1, the victim's mother received a call telling her to go the hospital.

"They told me something happened, but they wouldn't tell me anything," said the mother.

When she arrived at the hospital she saw a police officer, which puzzled her further, not knowing what was going on.

The officer told the mother that he was one of the officers called to the scene and when he got there the victim was unconscious.

"I asked if I could see him … I walked into the room and he was kind of sitting up in the bed, his eyes were still open and they had to wet them because they were drying out and they were rolled back into his head. He had a little neck brace on and this big goose egg," said the mother.

"I couldn't understand and I couldn't go near him. It wasn't my baby, I thought. By being a parent you know something is wrong with your child, you just know you have that feeling in your body and I knew once I looked at him, something was wrong."

The mother arrived in Saskatoon at 5 p.m., following her baby who had been transferred to Royal University Hospital earlier. By the time the victim was in Saskatoon the mother was told he was brain dead.

The cause of death has not been released.

Allen Charles Davidson of Paradise Hill made his first court appearance on Nov. 7. At that time he hadn't obtained a lawyer and was given time to do so.

Davidson faces both second-degree murder and breech of probation charges.

The crown elected to proceed by indictment for both offenses, to keep the matter together.

His next court appearance is scheduled for Nov. 21.

http://www.meridianbooster.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3374088

Back to top Go down