Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AUBREY ZOE BROWN - 1 yo - Jackson, MS

2 posters

Go down

AUBREY ZOE BROWN - 1 yo - Jackson, MS Empty AUBREY ZOE BROWN - 1 yo - Jackson, MS

Post by TomTerrific0420 Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:41 pm

http://www.wlbt.com/story/16093841/jackson-police-officer-charged-with-capital-murder

Charges have been upgraded to Capital Murder against Jackson Police Detective Natyyo Gray. He had been charged with felony child abuse in the death of his one-year-old daughter.

The horrendous crime happened at a fourplex in the 1,000 block of Monroe Street Sunday afternoon about 2:30 p.m.

Gray, 36, a vice and narcotics officer, was taking care of his 1-year-old child at the time of her brutal beating.

Asst. Chief Lee Vance with the Jackson Police Department said, "The baby died of injuries that were described as blunt force trauma to the abdomen area. Certainly from what I know right now, the baby was in the sole care of Detective Gray."

Grief-stricken family members came by to try and console the baby's mother in the wake of a crime so tragic, they were virtually speechless.

"By them charging him with Capital Murder this quick...Yeah, they needed to, they needed to. It's not right, man, it's not right," said James Brown, the child's uncle.

Detective Gray has not been placed on administrative leave, as the police investigation continues.

"It's an unspeakable tragedy, an outrage. It's as bad as it gets in my personal opinion, when a vulnerable baby is murdered like this. And, yeah, it compounds it when a police officer is involved buy certainly you can't take that and make it an indictment on the other 450 of us who come to work every day and try to make the city safe."

Last edited by twinkletoes on Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correct name of victim)
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

AUBREY ZOE BROWN - 1 yo - Jackson, MS Empty Re: AUBREY ZOE BROWN - 1 yo - Jackson, MS

Post by twinkletoes Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:30 am

Former Jackson police officer found guilty of murder

Gray convicted in 1-year-old daughter's death

UPDATED 8:38 AM CST Feb 22, 2013

Natyyo Gray was convicted in the Nov. 20, 2011, death of Aubrey Zoe Brown, who
died of an internal hemorrhage after suffering blunt-force trauma to
the abdomen while in Gray's care, prosecutors said.

Sentencing is set for March 7.

During testimony, Gray denied that he caused the injuries that killed his
daughter. He said she was constipated, and he massaged her stomach in an
effort to relieve the pain she seemed to be experiencing. When she
became unresponsive, he said he performed CPR and dialed 911.

Defense attorneys argued that the injuries the girl suffered, which included
bruises on her stomach and head along with severe internal injuries,
happened before the child was in Gray's care.

"I did not and could not hurt my daughter," Gray testified on Wednesday.

Dr. Scott Benton, of the University of Mississippi Medical Center,
testified that the baby only had minutes to live after she was injured.

The child's mother, Phyllis Brown, was called back to the witness stand on
Thursday, where she was briefly cross-examined by Gray's attorneys and
prosecutors. She denied hitting the child, which was alleged during the trial.

"I loved being Zoe's mom," she said.

Two other medical experts also testified Thursday, before the defense and prosecution rested.

http://www.wapt.com/news/central-mississippi/jackson/Former-Jackson-police-officer-found-guilty-of-murder/-/9156912/19020692/-/5nh88/-/index.html#ixzz2VmD4hgh4
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down