Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unnamed girl - 11 yo - (2009} /Convicted: James Alvin Hawkins Attalla AL

2 posters

Go down

Unnamed girl - 11 yo - (2009} /Convicted: James Alvin Hawkins Attalla AL Empty Unnamed girl - 11 yo - (2009} /Convicted: James Alvin Hawkins Attalla AL

Post by twinkletoes Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:38 pm

Man found guilty of sexual abuse; child gave birth to his baby

Published: Thursday, January 26, 2012 at 6:01 a.m.

Last Modified: Thursday, January 26, 2012 at 11:22 p.m.

An Attalla man was found guilty Thursday of child sexual abuse, according to a news release from District Attorney Jimmie Harp.

James Alvin Hawkins, 40, was found guilty by an Etowah County jury on four counts of child sexual abuse that involved the rape and sodomy of a young girl that continued until she was 13 and gave birth to Hawkins’ child, according to a press release.

The abuse started when the girl was 11.

When it was determined that Hawkins was the father of the child, he fled to Florida, with assistance from the victim’s mother, who later was charged with hindering prosecution.

Harp said Attalla Police detective Ryan Condy investigated the case and worked in conjunction with Florida police, Etowah County Sheriff’s Department officers and federal marshals to locate Hawkins.

Hawkins was arrested while trying to run from an apartment of another person who also was charged with hindering prosecution.

Deputy District Attorney Carol Griffith, who prosecuted the case with Chief Deputy District Attorney Marcus Reid, said it took a great deal of courage on the part of this girl to come to court and testify against the man who had taken away her childhood, according to the news release.

“She has come so far and was so brave throughout this ordeal,” Griffith said. “I am extremely proud of her for being strong enough to testify in the case and proud for her to see that justice was done.”

Griffith said the case could not have been prosecuted successfully without the hard work of Condy, the James M. Barrie Center for Children and the Department of Human Resources.

Harp said it was a difficult case for jurors to hear, and they worked hard to reach a verdict.

“It is heartbreaking to hear the story of a child who has been abused over and over again at the hands of someone who should have loved her,” Harp said. “This jury did an outstanding job. They were instrumental in removing another child predator from the streets in our county.”

Hawkins faces a life sentence without the possibility of parole because of prior felony convictions.

Circuit Court Judge Bill Rhea set sentencing for March 8.

http://www.gadsdentimes.com/article/20120126/NEWS/120129821/1016/NEWS?p=2&tc=pg
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Unnamed girl - 11 yo - (2009} /Convicted: James Alvin Hawkins Attalla AL Empty Re: Unnamed girl - 11 yo - (2009} /Convicted: James Alvin Hawkins Attalla AL

Post by twinkletoes Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:44 pm

I hope this mother was arrested not only for helping him escape but for letting him have access to her daughter, his rape victim.

Another POS mother. Another POS boyfriend.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Unnamed girl - 11 yo - (2009} /Convicted: James Alvin Hawkins Attalla AL Empty Re: Unnamed girl - 11 yo - (2009} /Convicted: James Alvin Hawkins Attalla AL

Post by asenn36801 Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:51 am

I am so glad that this girl was able to testify against james hawkins seeing that my sister couldnt. i now have a nephew that is about to be 21 years old that belongs to him. long story short he done the same to my sister beinging at the age of 11 and ending at the age of 14 when my nephew was born. At least now we know that no other girls will be hurt from this creature. and i truly hope that he lives to be over 100 yrs old and not a minute goes by in the day that he doesnt think about what he done to not only my sister but this brave girl and who ever else he done it to. i truly hope that it eats him up inside everyday i nor my family wishes him to pass because that would be too easy of a way out even though he will have to face the devil and pitts of hell

asenn36801
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down