Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jose Baez calls Casey Anthony "the girl-next-door" in his new book - WTSP

Go down

Jose Baez calls Casey Anthony "the girl-next-door" in his new book - WTSP Empty Jose Baez calls Casey Anthony "the girl-next-door" in his new book - WTSP

Post by mom_in_il Thu May 24, 2012 7:40 pm

Jose Baez calls Casey Anthony "the girl-next-door" in his new book

11:06 PM, May 23, 2012
Written by Melanie Michael

ORLANDO, Fla. - Jose Baez describes writing his new book, "Presumed Guilty-Casey Anthony: The Inside Story," as therapeutic.

"It was good to get a lot of this off my chest," Baez told 10 News in a one-on-one interview on Wednesday afternoon.

Baez said this was the right time to address all the questions that have been asked long after Casey's acquittal on July 5, 2011.

"There are lot of misconceptions out there, and a lot of things that I think the record needed to be set straight," he said.

Baez is the man behind one of the most fascinating criminal trials in America. He admitted that from the first time the young mother called him from jail asking for representation, his life changed forever.

"I talk about it in my book, from A to Z, from when I took that call to well after the trial. I really get to go into a lot of details," Baez admitted. "I'd like to say that I'm the same person, but people change with their experiences. I'm honored to have been part of this."

In his new book, Baez goes into great detail about Casey, things that no one has ever heard before.

Baez said, "I describe who Casey was that I got to know. I really get to go into details, facial expressions, things that will give you a better insight as to who the real Casey Anthony is."

One of the biggest questions people have asked is why America is so interested in this young mother from Orlando, a woman many still consider a killer?

"It's probably because Casey is the girl-next-door to a lot of people. I think that's what resonates with a lot of people, that this could be your sister, this could be the girl walking her dog in your neighborhood," said Baez.

Casey will have to go back to court in January as part of a civil suit filed by a woman named Zenaida Gonzalez. She is the woman that Casey called "Zanny the Nanny" during the trial.

Gonzalez is suing Casey and told investigators that the young woman ruined her reputation.

So, has Baez talked to Casey while she serves her probation in hiding here in Florida? As far as any contact, Baez would not confirm or deny it, only to say that clients often talk with attorneys after a trial.

"You get attached to clients of course, but you always remember they're clients. So, you move with your life, and they move on with theirs," he said.

Out of the entire trial, what made Baez angry? He spoke candidly of his anger at the way jurors were treated after rendering a "not guilty" verdict.

"They had to go into hiding," he said.

In fact, he says part of his book's dedication is to the jurors from the Bay area for their service during the long and arduous case.

He wanted to make it clear that the jurors from Pinellas County should be honored and treated with respect after working hard and being sequestered for so long.

"These 17 people from Pinellas County deserve to be respected and honored, not ridiculed and attacked," he commented.

He also talked about his biggest fear during the case.

"What would have been the most difficult for me if she had gotten the death penalty. I don't know what would have happened to me, if I would be still practicing law or what. That's an awesome responsibility," said Baez.

In the book, Baez also admits his weaknesses and the mistakes he made. He gives the reader an intimate look at tough times, details that no one has ever heard before now.

"I'm a private person, so it's not something I talked about a lot. But, there were times throughout the case, throughout the three and a half years, that it was something that it'll make you shake your head," he said.

Baez also admitted that he read prosecutor Jeff Ashton's book.

His verdict on the read? He said there was nothing new in the book. Baez claimed with his book there will be new details no one has ever heard before, including secret evidence that never made it into the trial.

Baez called his book "unique and shocking."

"Presumed Guilty" is expected to be released this summer, possibly on Casey's acquittal date, July 5.

Baez is hoping it will vindicate jurors who were attacked after the verdict, he said.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/topstories/article/256418/250/Jose-Baez-calls-Casey-Anthony-the-girl-next-door-in-his-new-book
mom_in_il
mom_in_il
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down