Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Five MEEKS Children - 5 Months to 6 yo/ Convicted: Parents-Andy and Jessie Meeks - Middletown CN

3 posters

Go down

The Five MEEKS Children - 5 Months to 6 yo/ Convicted: Parents-Andy and Jessie Meeks -  Middletown CN  Empty The Five MEEKS Children - 5 Months to 6 yo/ Convicted: Parents-Andy and Jessie Meeks - Middletown CN

Post by twinkletoes Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:35 am

Parents who starved, beat and neglected their 5 children, leaving baby ‘close to death’ are jailed for 7 years

Thursday, June 21st, 2012
The Five MEEKS Children - 5 Months to 6 yo/ Convicted: Parents-Andy and Jessie Meeks -  Middletown CN  Jessie_Meeks-and-Andy_Meeks-255x176

Two parents were jailed after pleading guilty to abusing and
neglecting their five children, leaving their youngest son starved to the brink of death.

Andy and Jessie Meeks, both 25, were each sentenced to seven years yesterday and have lost their parental rights.

On April 15 last year, police went to their home in Middletown,
Connecticut after reports of a domestic disturbance. They found five
children, all under the age of six, in disgusting conditions without food, heat or proper clothing.

Officers at the home reported that it stank of urine and the
mattresses where the children slept were covered in vomit and feces.

Piles of dirty clothes, empty beer cans and dishes lay all over
the property, there was no bedding and the heating system had not
worked in a long time, according to authorities.

The Meeks’ youngest child, a five-month-old boy, was so malnourished that he was only the size of a newborn.
The baby who was ‘minimally responsive’ was flown to Connecticut Medical Center along with his two-year-old brother.

According to the Middletown Press, a
doctor who treated the baby said he was so badly neglected he may have
died within days and the ‘officer very likely saved the infant’s life’.

The parents did not contact doctors to find out about their son’s condition until three days later

The three older children – two boys, six and five, and a
four-year-old girl – told police that their father beat them with a
paddle and that they only got dinner ‘on a few days’.

The five-year-old added ‘he asked for too much stuff’ and his parents would make him garbage and ‘stick his face in it’.
The little girl said her mother would put hot sauce in her mouth as punishment.

A social worker later said an entire box of baby wipes was
needed to clean the four-year-old’s feet and the children’s clothes had
to be thrown away because they were so ragged and filthy.

While being questioned by police, the only time Jessie Meeks
cried was when she was told she would no longer be entitled to $654 in
state aid since her children had been taken away.

The Meeks claimed to have been feeding the baby, who was born
prematurely, 8 ounces of oatmeal a day but doctors said this was not possible given his condition.

Andy Meeks said his children ‘have really high metabolisms’ and
blamed the appalling condition of the house on the fact his wife had
depression, abused drugs and drank a lot.

The couple pleaded guilty earlier this year to five counts of risk of injury to a minor.

At their sentencing, Judge Susan Handy said: ‘I don’t know how
you could let your children starve and live in their own waste. Two were
near death. You are unfit to be a parent.’

Both were sentenced to seven years. Andy Meek will serve one
year in jail and be on probation for five. His wife will serve two years
and a further five on probation.

All the Meek children were taken from the home on the day they
were found by police and placed in state care. They are all now with foster families.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2162752/Parents-Connecticut-neglected-starved-children-close-death.html#ixzz1ySeaQY7e
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

The Five MEEKS Children - 5 Months to 6 yo/ Convicted: Parents-Andy and Jessie Meeks -  Middletown CN  Empty Re: The Five MEEKS Children - 5 Months to 6 yo/ Convicted: Parents-Andy and Jessie Meeks - Middletown CN

Post by babyjustice Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:36 am

These two asshats will be out in no time. Then they'll reproduce another 5 kids in 5 years and abuse them. Only next time they'll try to hide it better and may even end up killing the kids.

A year in jail is not just punishment for the crimes of abuse and neglect they commited against those poor kids. I hope we don't ever hear that they give the kids back to these slobs.

babyjustice
Supreme Commander of the Universe
Supreme Commander of the Universe

Back to top Go down

The Five MEEKS Children - 5 Months to 6 yo/ Convicted: Parents-Andy and Jessie Meeks -  Middletown CN  Empty Re: The Five MEEKS Children - 5 Months to 6 yo/ Convicted: Parents-Andy and Jessie Meeks - Middletown CN

Post by twinkletoes Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:23 pm

BabyJ, you are so right. One year. Many judges don't punish properly for abusing and/or murdering our children.

If the victims were elderly the punishment would have been much more severe. Judges need to realize little children who cannot speak for themselves need justice too.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by flash0115 Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:10 pm

what is our world coming to? our children r no longer cherished, but until they're abused or murdered, nothing can b done because we might infringe on the responsible adults "rights". what happened to morals? what happened to being responsible for our decisions? i dont understand why ppl of child bearing age choose to have them yet dont take of them. let the government take care of them? give them to grandma or aunt susy or whoever. has birth control gotten so expensive/or too complicated to use? if i didnt want children i would use birth control. it would save so much heartache. tom, im really not a troll. i am just overwhelmed by it all. sorry for the rant. i will go now.

flash0115
Local Celebrity (no autographs, please)
Local Celebrity (no autographs, please)

Job/hobbies : Pretending to maintain my sanity

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:08 am

Flash, no one thinks you are a troll. We all share your indignation.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down