Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JORDEN CARTEE - 2 yo / Arrested: Father, Joshua Cartee - Anna, TX

3 posters

Go down

JORDEN CARTEE - 2 yo / Arrested: Father, Joshua Cartee - Anna, TX Empty JORDEN CARTEE - 2 yo / Arrested: Father, Joshua Cartee - Anna, TX

Post by TexasMommy Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:57 am

Anna dad arrested after toddler found in hot car

Posted: Sep 12, 2013 4:52 PM CDT
Updated: Sep 13, 2013 9:53 PM CDT
By: Tracy Delatte and Brandon Todd

The father of the 2-year-old child who was found inside a hot car has been arrested.

Collin County officials confirmed Joshua Cartee was taken into custody and charged with injury to a child. He is being held on $100,000 bond.

His son Jorden remains in critical condition at Children's Medical Center in Dallas.

Jorden was found around 2:30 p.m. Thursday in a vehicle parked outside the family's home in the 9300 block of Highway 121. He was unconscious but breathing. Even if he survives, he may have permanent damage.

Two neighbors said the father came knocking on their door, asking if they saw anyone around. He told them he had noticed the back door was open and he thought someone had kidnapped the boy.

"He seemed distraught," Lisa Decker said. "And he said, 'My baby is missing. My baby is gone.'"

They walked around to the front yard, and Sonya Sparkman suggested they look in the cars.

"She walked over and opened the door, and there he was in the floorboard," Sparkman said. "I thought, look in the cars first. But the windows were all up and he was you know, drenched and blue. He wasn't breathing really well," she said.

Family members now believe Jorden was in the car for about 30 minutes. It was about 94 degrees outside at the time.

Child Protective Services is looking into what happened.

A spokeswoman said the agency does have history with the family because Jorden got out of the house and was found wandering around outside in July. The case was closed after the family agreed to make some safety changes to prevent him from getting out again.

"We did notify the family of our intent to file for temporary legal custody of him even though he is still in the hospital. We want make sure that no matter what happens, wherever he goes, from there is going to be a safe place if he does in fact pull through," said Marissa Gonzales with CPS.

However Jorden's mom Jennifer Kindle thinks the CPS workers are against her. "They have took away my rights to make any decision on my son's health. I cannot make a decision if they pull the plug or anything," said Kindle.

http://kdfw.images.worldnow.com/images/23418999_BG2.jpg

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/23418999/toddler-found-in-hot-car-at-anna-home

TexasMommy
Serial Blogger
Serial Blogger

Back to top Go down

JORDEN CARTEE - 2 yo / Arrested: Father, Joshua Cartee - Anna, TX Empty Re: JORDEN CARTEE - 2 yo / Arrested: Father, Joshua Cartee - Anna, TX

Post by willcarney Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:00 pm

30 minutes, 94 outside.  This boy will either have brain damage or will die.  Poor little angel.  Always lock your car, keep keys from kids, tell you kids NEVER go to the car without you.  Always look in your car before you lock the doors.  Make sure your toddler can't get out of the house by themselves.

http://www.kidsandcars.org/

http://www.avasrule.com/avasrulepostcard.html

JORDEN CARTEE - 2 yo / Arrested: Father, Joshua Cartee - Anna, TX Ava_s_Postcard_web

William
willcarney
willcarney
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : NEVER assume your child is safe, KNOW.

Back to top Go down

JORDEN CARTEE - 2 yo / Arrested: Father, Joshua Cartee - Anna, TX Empty Re: JORDEN CARTEE - 2 yo / Arrested: Father, Joshua Cartee - Anna, TX

Post by twinkletoes Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:12 am

William, you called it, he died.  Moving this, sadly.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:39 am

Anna Boy Found in Hot Car Dies

|  Wednesday, Sep 18, 2013  |  Updated 12:25 PM CDT

JORDEN CARTEE - 2 yo / Arrested: Father, Joshua Cartee - Anna, TX Child-in-Hot-Car-Anna+091213
Chopper 5

A 2-year-old Anna boy hospitalized after being found in a hot car last week died Monday night, Child Protective Services says.

Police said the boy, Jorden Cartee, was found Thursday afternoon in a car outside of the family's home on the 9300 block of state Highway 121, after his father, Joshua Cartee, noticed he was missing and called police.

The child was found alive, but unresponsive, and transported to Children's Medical Center in Dallas by air ambulance, police said.

The boy's father was arrested at the hospital last week on a charge of injury to a child and has since been held in the Collin County jail on $100,000 bond.  Police have not said if charges against the father will be upgraded.

Friday afternoon the family told NBC 5 boy was placed into a medically-induced coma to try to reduce swelling in his brain.

On Sunday, his condition worsened and on Monday the boy died.

A day after the boy was found in the car, NBC 5 learned that the family was recently the subject of an investigation by Child Protective Services, stemming from an incident in July when the child was found wandering by a neighbor.

The family told CPS investigators that the boy had never wandered away before and had no idea how he got out of the house.  The investigation ended last week after the family told investigators that they had installed new locks and other measures at their home designed to secure the child.

As of Tuesday, CPS officials won't say how the child's death will impact their investigation into the family or if the family's other child will be taken into emergency custody.

NBC 5's Catherine Ross contributed to this report.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Anna-Boy-Found-in-Hot-Car-Dies-224113361.html
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:54 am

William, I know this is your crazy busy season and I just want to thank you for your help.sad hug   You're a Prince.  sad hug We share the same stance on these evil monsters.  kisses
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasMommy Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:40 pm

Yes - thanks so much for the update, twinkletoes! And please keep spreading the word, William! The information you posted is life saving.
clap 

TexasMommy
Serial Blogger
Serial Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:34 pm

Some states charge for this some don't.  I've seen parents deliberately leaving kids in cars, others forgetting kids in cars or just kids getting into cars.  Ava got into a unlocked car.  Recently two kids got into a car trunk and died.  It only take 15-20 minutes in a hot car for permanent damage or death to occur.  Babies and toddlers don't handle heat and cold like we do.  They are much less tolerant to high or low temperatures.

These two sites are great.

http://www.kidsandcars.org/

http://www.kidsindanger.org/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/25/what-parent-leaves-child-in-broiling-car_n_3497956.html

William
willcarney
willcarney

Job/hobbies : NEVER assume your child is safe, KNOW.

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:06 pm

I think some of these hot car deaths are not accidents but murders. 

Of course, many of them are just caused by stupidity.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down